Scary shit.

An enterprising Burgher has combined a bunch of Burghy t-shirt designs from CafePress and put them on one site called Shirts-n-At.

While browsing, I noticed this one:

Goodness, if you’re going to sell a Pittsburgh shirt, the least you can do is spell the name right. And don’t be telling me it was misspelled intentionally because it is on a baby shirt. What the hell kind of baby knows to put an apostrophe in the “it is” contraction but can’t put the “h” in Pittsburgh?

Also, where’s the baby shirt that says, “I cry when the Steelers mascot looks at me. That is some scary shit. Speaking of shit, have you checked my diaper lately?”

1. BBM
    July 26, 2007 10:20 am

And just ONE INCH AWAY is a t-shirt that says:

PittsburgH
    Don’t forget the H–We worked hard for it.

Moron.

2. spoon
    July 26, 2007 11:35 am

It drives me absolutely nuts when the “h” is left off of Pittsburgh and the source is someone FROM here. Outsiders I can see that because every other burgh in the US doesn’t have an “h”. Stupid yinzers.

I saw this gem while driving on I-79

I actually called the company while I drove behind it because:
    a) they’re in Pittsburgh
    b) it was all over the truck like this, not just the back
    c) I love telling people they’re dumbasses

3. Woy
    July 26, 2007 11:58 am

Wow… correct me if I’m wrong, but some of those designs were taken straight from the Tunesmith and Anthony shop.

At least I spoke with Anthony to form a relationship for our forthcoming apparel line(s).

Awesome!

4. Kelli
    July 26, 2007 1:03 pm

I have a friend who moved here from Maryland several years ago. At one point he confessed he was here almost 4 years before he knew about the “h” on the end of Pittsburgh. He thought lots of people were just spelling it wrong.

5. Anthony
    July 26, 2007 1:10 pm

As they say in Pittsburgh, I seen ‘at, Woy. It appears a lot of the garments listed on that site are from other people. I suppose the owner of the site can earn commissions from referrals.

But “Put the fries on the salad”? C’mon now. That’s just dumb.

6. Pinto Alegre
    July 26, 2007 1:41 pm

Spoon –> So what happened when you called that company? What did they say to you? Did they tell you to “bug off n’at?” :)

7. Heather Downey
    July 26, 2007 1:49 pm

The site is an associate site. Some of the shirts are from Tunesmith and Anthony. They have a great shop. It’s basically any shirt that wasn’t ripping on Pittsburgh that’s in CafePress. Not a lot of them…I really want people to make more!

8. Heather Downey
    July 26, 2007 2:24 pm

OK, I can’t believe that I didn’t see that the h was missing. Maybe my brain did that fill-in-the blank think like when you’re speed reading. Or maybe my 4 year old was screaming for me. Who knows. Anyway, the shirt’s off the affiliate site, and I’m going to e-mail the person who made the shirt. Shit…that really threw a wrench in my day :)

9. spoon
    July 26, 2007 2:57 pm

Pinto, First the guy thought it was a prank. I argued with the guy about the correct spelling. What finally sold it was me saying “The number of the plate is… the ID number is… and Pittsburgh is spelled without an H! BTW,I’ll be blogging about this…” My wife was laughing her ass off. He said “Sorry if you were offended.” I said “It’s not me you should worry about, some yinzer may run you off the road though.”

I haven’t seen any trucks since so I don’t know if it was ever corrected.

10. Gunn Lino
    July 26, 2007 3:58 pm

SPOON;

I have to say I have a lot of respect for a guy that drives around, sees something like that and takes the time and effort to call someone to task about it.

Good on ya!

11. Pinto Alegre
    July 26, 2007 7:51 pm

Spoon:

You are my hero.

PA

12. Ray Sarni
    August 3, 2007 3:02 pm

I spotted a Steelers’ Superbowl Tshirt in a Steelers bar in Cape Coral Florida. It was missing the “H”. It went down immediately.

Being an ex Pittsburgh Police Detective, I went looking for it and found it. From now on it’s Ouston Texas

13. sophie
    March 31, 2008 4:06 pm

koOl i am so like scered

lile yha duied

14. Pingback: Valtrax online.