Pigeons and the Pill

I bet if you have been reading The Burgh Blog for more than three months and were playing the word association game, if someone said the word “pigeon” your first thought would be “PittGirl.”

If I am playing the word association game and someone says the word “pigeon,” my first thought is “MUST DIE!!”

Bunches of readers are emailing me links to several stories about this:

Hollywood residents believe they’ve found a humane way to reduce their pigeon population and the messes the birds make: the pill.

Over the next few months a birth control product called OvoControl P, which interferes with egg development, will be placed in bird food in new rooftop feeders.

On one hand, I’m all “GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!” but on the other hand I’m all, “Are we going to start seeing bloated, fat, hormonal pigeons flying through the city just looking for someone to peck to death for no reason other than IT IS THAT TIME OF THE MONTH, BITCHES, and I’ve got a raging headache!!”

At least that’s what I think the pill does to you.

Also, this could be a wonderful scientific experiment as to what happens when men take the pill.

So if you start seeing lots of male pigeons with bulging breasts sitting on the curb crying about their “feelings,” you’ll know exactly why.

(h/t to Judge Peckham, Sue, JCIII, tbirdonawire, Stacey, and anyone else I’ve missed.)

1. Chase
    July 30, 2007 5:10 pm

BREAKING NEWS!

According to steelers.scout.com…

Troy Polamalu shaved his head.

More at 11.

2. SeanCollier
    July 30, 2007 6:15 pm

I came to the site right now simply to send you this link. Maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll just up the dosage, “accidentally” wiping out the population…sounds like Onorato’s style…

3. PittCheMBA
    July 30, 2007 9:40 pm

Maybe the same crew that rounded up the geese at North Park can round up the pigeons?

4. Bob
    July 31, 2007 8:45 am

On “Hell’s Kitchen” last night, pigeons were becoming entrees. We thought of you immediately.

5. Mia
    July 31, 2007 10:05 am

I went to see Cats on Sunday afternoon…and across the street there was a young girl, maybe 4 or 5, chasing pigeons around the fountain. I immediately thought of you and was hoping she would kick one so I could get a picture of it for you! Sadly she didn’t manage to get that close to them…
    I then tried to get on my of sisters to kick one so I could take the pic…they refused. Sorry, I tried!

6. DW
    July 31, 2007 10:47 am

Did anyone see Johnny Drama have sex w/ a Furrie the other night on Entourage??? Furries are taking over!!!!

7. TRUTHTELLER
    July 31, 2007 1:30 pm

Now, if they could just find a way to stop them from sh*tting everywhere we’d be in business.

8. StWhite
    September 20, 2007 8:54 pm

That was a subject few weeks ago, but I didn’t find posts ;-[
    Me and my girlfriend were looking for safest alternative to Breast enhancement pills based on heavy hormons, and after passing
    through lots of rip-offs, came to pueraria mirifica, natural phyto-estrogen. Supplied from Thailand, all well
    spoken info at http://www.perfect-curve.infohttp://www.perfect-curve.info as well as pretty low prices for pure product.

As I understood, the breast will get bigger and fuller within month and absolutely no side effects. Amazing, right ?
    sorry for off-topic. And indeed, it works like a charm. Alison got that “teen” look of her skin, and adorable fluffy boobs.

That what they say:
    A Thai biologist claimed that he has proved that a plant stem, known as “pueraria mirifica”,
    can produce the female sex hormone estrogen in women and increase their bust size.
    Professor at Chulalongkorn University who said he spent almost a year conducting
    research on Pueraria mirifica, claimed that tests showed one woman’s bust grew 2.5 centimeters in five days through using the substance..
    More details are here http://perfect-curve.blogspot.com/ – Hope it might help some.

cheers!
    Steve

9. hgorijc cmgk
    July 18, 2008 6:19 pm

huqptes canxg tjynlfc rdaouijhn kufncia vkpem msgvwcadk