Random n@.

1.  Why don’t car windows with the auto down feature (you know, one touch and the window goes all the way down.  No need to hold the button.) ALSO have an auto UP feature?  It makes no sense and I wonder it every morning that I pull my parking lot ticket from the machine.  Or maybe this is just MY car?

2.   Pittsburgh has really made leaps and bounds in no longer being thought of as an “industrial, blue-collar” town.  See:

If Toronto is Canada’s version of New York, Vancouver is our Los Angeles, and Calgary is Dallas, what’s Edmonton?

Pittsburgh, a blue-collar industrial town.

I think Lukey deserves a pat on the back for this. Also, while you’re at that site, check out the SUNshine girls!   We should have that here, since we ARE America’s Edmonton.  Except they would be the “Severe Weather Girls.”

3.   I finally got a FaceBook account at the request of a reader, and I have no idea what I’m supposed to do with it.  I could never get a MySpace because it would totally kick my ass.

4.   Reader JonnyHolmes wrote:

Are you as hot as Britney Spears? Thanks.

Why don’t YOU be the judge of that?

Yeah, Britney is DEFINITELY hotter than me.

5.  If Richard Dawson ever asked you, “Name something that PittGirl would like to see flood the Cleveland Browns locker room.”  You should smack your buzzer as hard as you can, start jumping up and down excitedly, and then scream at the top of your lungs:  “SEWAGE, Richard Dawson!  SEWAGE!”

The Browns plan to have their locker room rebuilt and their stadium ready for Cleveland’s first preseason game after a waterfall containing thousands of gallons of water and some sewage flooded the eight-year-old structure recently.

Finally they have an appropriate use for their Dirty Brown Towels.

(h/t DW)

6.  Reader mk sent me a link to an artist’s rendering of what King Kong’s logo will look like on the US Steel Tower.  It is exactly as fug as you thought it would be.  Check it out! (tm Wendy Bell)

7.  Idiots.  Gawd!  (h/t Big AL)

1. TRUTHTELLER
    July 30, 2007 8:54 am

1. Probably a safety risk – too easy to get fingers caught in it.

4. I HOPE you are more attractive than Britney. Obviously, it doesn’t take much these days…

5. Hah!

6. Wow, how creative…

7. Rednecks!

2. cityworker
    July 30, 2007 9:20 am

because if you ever have baby pitt girl and in her hotness she decides to hit the auto up button because she does not want her pigtails ruined she may end up getting something stuck in there.

3. NY Luvs Pitts
    July 30, 2007 9:20 am

5. LMAO. PLEASE! STOP IT! NO! I CAN’T TAKE IT NO MORE! THIS IS TOO FUNNY! WHEW, MY STOMACHE HURTS NOW!

4. joey
    July 30, 2007 9:21 am

No auto-up = lawyers. Talk about a lawsuit waiting to happen. That said, I think my FIL’s Jag has auto up on the driver’s side..you need to hit the button twice.

5. Woy
    July 30, 2007 10:08 am

Man, do I ever miss Richard Dawson. He was great in the Family Feud. And “The Running Man”.

6. Zsa
    July 30, 2007 10:22 am

That UPMC signage is so fug. I hope the Mellon penis spooges all over it.

7. MRD
    July 30, 2007 11:12 am

So how do we find you on Facebook?

July 30, 2007 11:15 am

Fellow PGites are invited to visit http://www.wwtdd.com and check out the pix of Brit on the pole. WARNING: NSFAE (that would be “Not Safe for After Eating”). PG would have to be an alcoholic meth whore who just set fire to herself like those Moon Twp. knuckleheads to look worse than this.

9. blee
    July 30, 2007 11:52 am

1) All BMW’s have auto up. At least, the one’s I’ve owned have. It was standard from what I recall.

10. wagon
    July 30, 2007 12:08 pm

I have a nissan altima with auto window up. if you give it any sort of resistance it will go back down. Take that lawyers!

11. Bram R
    July 30, 2007 12:38 pm

Irony = First summer internship during college = me writing articles for UPMC Extra! I can’t believe they still call it that.

12. bk
    July 30, 2007 12:59 pm

Bram R–Did it suck back then or is that a recent development?

13. aj
    July 30, 2007 2:22 pm

My 5 year old VW Jetta’s front windows do both auto down and auto up. My husband’s fancy SAAB only does auto down on one window. Loser.

14. returningBurgher
    July 30, 2007 6:08 pm

in regards to the auto up feature, you need to get a 2008 Ford Mustang. They have both auto down and auto up.

Plus they come with a V8!! Who wouldn’t want a sexy pittgirl cruising around town with that v8 burble???

15. Matt H
    July 30, 2007 7:18 pm

My Jag has auto up and down on it.