Random n@.

1. The search terms from my last 500 hits:

I’m so ecstatic that searching for that points people at my blog, because people that want to know for sure if Bob Nutting is an asshole? MY KIND OF PEOPLE!

That made a crappy day much much better, thank you, whoever searched for that.

2. From the San Franny Chronicle re: the new Pirates pitcher:

Morris’ tone in a phone interview made it clear he was not happy with the deal, but he held his tongue lest he insult his employer for the next 14 months – the 42-62 Pirates, who have not had a winning season since Barry Bonds left as a free agent in 1992.

Not happy to play for the losingest losers ever?! Shocking!

3. Finally the mystery is solved. The geese were gassed. “Gassed” is the answer we were looking for. Better luck next time when we play “How did Dan Onorato kill the birds?”

4. I’ve never heard of WBYD TV 35 Live Auction in Pittsburgh in my life, but holy shit. I wish this was still on!

These people look like they’re broadcasting out of my grandma’s garage … after they raided her Sauza stash and inhaled every inhalant they could find … including the Aqua Net. Awesome.

Also? Ugliest crap ever? Ugliest crap EVER!

More here.

5. That awesome chickadee Christina over at Inner Bitch (I don’t know about you, but MY inner bitch makes regular appearances as an outer bitch) went and did THIS for me. I think I love Jim Lokay now. Help.

1. Jim Lokay
    August 1, 2007 10:24 pm

Before I got to #5, I was going to comment about #4. They taped out of the old Eastland Mall before it was torn down.

As for #5, let it out. Let it all out. Sonni and I love you back.

2. Woy
    August 1, 2007 10:30 pm

Number five is fantastic. Jim, mad props for giving PG a shout out on TV!

3. Still A. Fan
    August 1, 2007 10:48 pm

pittgirl, your plan to take over the world is working. the local celebs now know that if they mention you…..they will most likely show up on your blog in some manner. when you step back and think about it logically….it’s someone that’s already on tv…..almost pandering to be in print. isnt that f’ed up? i thought the print people wanted to be on tv? i thought commercial actors wanted to be on soaps? i thought soap actors wanted to be on tv? i thought tv people wanted to be in movies? i thought movie stars wanted to sing? or, did singers want to be movie stars? why is that? why? why? why? does your plumber really want to be an electrician? does the super market manager want to manage The Gap? it all comes down to “cool factor” and this must just be the place to be. i’m actually coming to western PA next wed, thur, fri, sat, sun. i get to watch sonni. :)

4. PittCheMBA
    August 1, 2007 11:06 pm

#3 – The news article says the goose meat must sit in quarantine for 30 days to make sure it is bacteria free. 30 days? Who wants to eat 30 day old goose meat? Are they going to make goose jerky? Big Ben goose jerky?

5. pittgirl
    August 2, 2007 6:27 am

Big Ben Goose Jerky.

HAH!

6. Dave in Pgh.
    August 2, 2007 9:11 am

Wow, when did Playboy Buddy Rose have a sex change operation???

7. Christina
    August 2, 2007 9:14 am

Happy to help, PG. I’m still waiting for the day Mayor Luke says “move forward” in a press conference, and every reporter in the room starts giggling. Or, better yet, takes a drink.

8. Darwin Police
    August 2, 2007 11:09 am

Wow, I totally thought that the green arrow was a big check mark next to “blog boobs bloggers.”

For the record, I would approve of that as well.

9. dee
    August 2, 2007 1:14 pm

Coincidence that a search for Bob Nutting comes immediately after a search for boobs? I think not.

10. Pat
    August 2, 2007 1:20 pm

Eastland Mall! Hell yeah! I learned to drive there, and used to go there to get my hair cut for many years after it was dead. The lady who cut hair there was this awesome friendly yinzerette with one of the most intense Burgh accents ever. (Now even the barber moved out.) I think the only stores left there are Superflea, a store that sells 5 1/4″ shareware computer-game floppies (the kind you got in 1989), a Sara Lee bakery outlet (weird, but they have good donuts) and a dude who sells lots of offensive Confederate-flag paraphernalia.

11. Ruby Vroom
    August 2, 2007 1:38 pm

Ah, Eastland Mall! Wasn’t their slogan “Where old people go to die?” Good times.

12. Caryn
    August 2, 2007 2:17 pm

I also learned to drive at Eastland Mall, nearly twenty years ago & it was dead then. Can’t believe it is still standing.

As for the geese, I’m an animal lover but the overcrowding in the park was ridiculous. I was just there recently (after the “massacre”)and you couldn’t walk but there was a goose. And where were the Voices of Animals people the last few years – when they could have been painting goose eggs with oil to prevent unnecessary death or training them to migrate with a small plane, like in the movie, lol – oh, they were probably VERY BUSY protesting in front of a church somewhere. Really, get a life or be useful people! If I attended that church, I would have had a church supper featuring Goose al la King (or Goose Poppers -yes, there is really a recipe for this, but sounds disgusting!).

13. Bill
    August 2, 2007 7:44 pm

I’m afraid that the Eastland Mall is no more, it was torn down in March of this year. See the Tube City Almanac for pictures http://mckeesport.dementia.org/blog/2007_03.html Scroll down about half way under the title “Sic Transit Gloria Crestas*”
    (*—”Thus passes the glory of North Versailles Township”)