I don’t think I can adequately express to you the wonderful sense of fulfilling and deep abiding joy I felt at seeing the Steelers suit up for the Hall of Fame game last night.
The weather was so perfect for it too, don’t you think?
I’ll not be doing a “What They’re Really Thinking” again until Game #1, but my thoughts on the first preseason game are thus:
1. How odd was it seeing number 55 make a tackle and then you slowly came to the realization that it was NOT Joey Porter?
2. I also found it odd not seeing The Chin on the sidelines, but color me impressed with Mike Tomlin, who was looking a little nervous, I thought.
Did you see the pre-game interview with Dion (Deon? Dionne? Whitney?) Sanders in which Mike was asked if he was feeling lots of pressure and Mike said something along the lines of, “Pressure is feeding your family. We’re just happy to be playing the game,” or something of that nature? Awesome.
3. I couldn’t help but notice that Mike’s nervous habit seems to be playing with his headset and readjusting it, and putting the microphone down, then up, then readjusting it until I was ready to rip it off of him.
4. Benny? I’m withholding judgment until I see him play more than one drive, but the drive he did complete was neither fug nor gross.
5. Who the heck was that super smiley woman garbed in Steeler attire at the coin toss? Boy was she excited to be there watching a coin toss! WHOO! Coin toss! Preseason game coin toss!!!!!! Yay!
6. I mostly stopped watching the game once St. Pierre came in because I have a hard time caring about the backups’ backups.
Anyway, Steelers rule!