Random n@.

1. Wow is it muggy today! Today is really the first morning that I’ve found the city to be stinking with the smelly stench of sweaty Burghers. In fact, I’m pretty sure I saw a pigeon holding its nose as it buzzed an innocent Burgher. And I’m absolutely sure it shouted, “God. Take a shower!”

2. I read this secondary headline over the article “How did so many survive on bridge?” on A-1 of the PG today:

… and didn’t see the comma after “down” so I was immediately all, “Wow. I wonder if the PittGirlMobile has the ‘riding bridge down’ safety feature?!?!”

It doesn’t.

3. A plea to the media to never out PittGirl.

4. Wait. What’s this? A seemingly normal chick on Craigslist? And she’s cute?! AND SHE’S WEARING A STEELERS JERSEY?!!? What are you waiting for, dudes?

5. David Conrad will be 40 next Friday. 40!! Hottest 40-year-old ever.

6. This is a joke right?

One blogger said the work is very intense. He said: “You’re constantly scanning for news. Your arm and neck and shoulder are wearing out because you’re constantly using a mouse.”

Has to be a Carbolic item that got picked up as true? Right?! Also? HAH!

7. You know it’s a slow news day when THIS is news. Also, how does WPXI or any station for that matter, learn about news stories like this? Does some concerned citizen call the station and say, “I just thought you should know that there is a kitten stuck in my downspout out here in Mt. Oliver. Thanks.”

1. Gunn Lino
    August 6, 2007 10:20 am

PG; Never fear, I know and your secret is safe with me.

August 6, 2007 10:23 am

4. I don’t know about “cute.” She’s … not unattractive.

5. You’ve never met me (as far as I know, see 3). :-)

7. As one on the answering end of them for lo these many years, you’d probably be surprised at the stuff people call newsrooms with that they think is “news.”

Hugs.

3. spoon
    August 6, 2007 10:23 am

4) damn I’m 31… and married. *sigh* oh well.

6) you’ve gotta be friggin kidding me. *UGH* Yeah I need insurance for my carpal tunnel infliction by constant clicking of a mouse and typing while conducting flame wars with Potsie over “Pop or Soda”. This feeling of entitlement is really starting to chap my ass. Yes, CHAP it. So, since most unions will have strikes I can see it now “I wont blog about my neighbor stealing a backhoe until our demands are met!” There’s only a kajamilbillion other blogs to read. God I frigging hate people today.

Screw this, I want a union for us podcasters who strain our voices while talking and the mental anguish of coming up with material. Oh yeah and I should be tax exempt on beer.

7) WPXI realized they blew their load on Steelers coverage and required filler space. I bet David Johnson but that cat there. Damn you David… damn you!

4. NY Luvs Pitts
    August 6, 2007 10:25 am

For the love of Troysus, will we protect you!!!!

5. Denise
    August 6, 2007 11:51 am

#5 I am assuming that as David’s future BFF, you will
    be throwing him a big party? I await my invitation! He makes 40 look so good…..

6. Bob
    August 6, 2007 1:38 pm

If it had been Big Ben’s cat, copters from all three stations would still be hovering overhead.

Bloggers SHOULD have insurance. If deconstructing Mary Worth doesn’t qualify as hazardous duty, I don’t know what does.

7. Pensgirl
    August 6, 2007 4:18 pm

I’ve had carpal – or something – for so long that I have to crack both elbows several times a day (it hurts if I don’t). It scares the bejeezus out of people who haven’t experienced it before (one guy from grad school, a sweet, funny guy who sat next to me in one class, told me he used to think I was throwing a punch at him). It’s not fun.

Yet, I’ve never ONCE thought of unionizing over it. I just, y’know, got a job with an employer that provides benefits, and I signed up for some health insurance. Presto!

So, I would ask the bloggers who wish to unionize: from whom do you want the benefits of a union? You blog, by and large, for you, so are you demanding that you treat yourself better? To make an old catchphrase clunkier: With whom’s the beef?

August 6, 2007 5:58 pm

Steelers jersey on chick: Turn-on or turn-off? Discuss.