Random n@.

1. Today, Sid the Kid turns 20.  Today, my awesome sister turns 35.  She’s hot, too. (particularly in a Tina Fey kind of way).  And 35 times funnier than me.  If she and I ever put our heads together and wrote, we’d rule the world and Tina Fey would be our bitch.

2. An email:

Wow! Where do I start?? My email has BLOWN UP!!! My name is Arika and I’m the girl on Craigslist in the Steelers jersey! I found it so flattering that someone that doesn’t even know me (I don’t think) would make a fuss about getting my ad out there. I haven’t stopped answering ads all day and most of them mentioned that I came recommended- I had no clue what they were talking about until someone finally said it was on the Burgh Blog. But I think I owe you a huge thank you! So THANK YOU!!

Behold the power of The Burgh Blog. Mwah-hahahahah! Hey, at least I use my powers for good and not terrible terrible evil. Just a little evil.

3. Spoon (vote for them in the PodCast Awards!) sent me a link to this item:

A campaign called “sticker shock” is under way in Westmoreland County.  Beer distributors are working with youth leaders to place warning stickers on cases of beer. The stickers are to remind people it is illegal for anyone under 21 to purchase beer.  It is also illegal for anyone to provide alcohol to people under 21.

This is genius, because how many times does a 20-year-old with a fake ID buy some beer, pay for it, then as they’re walking out the door of the beer store, look down, spot a sticker on their beer that says that they cannot legally purchase or drink  that beer, turn around, put the beer back on the counter, and go “Whoa!  According to this sticker, I at the age of 20 with a fake ID cannot legally purchase this here beer.  I am shocked.  Shocked by that sticker!  Do you want to call the cops or should I?”

4.   Exactly where you thought Lukey would show up.  A party for Maniac Magazine (on MySpace, so you might need to log in to see it).  Maniac is billed as “a fashion, entertainment & lifestyle publication for the cutting edge sophisticate with a side that dares to have fun and question the rules!”

I don’t know about you, but when I think of Lukey I think “cutting-edge sophisticate” and “rule-questioner,” particularly those rules that have to do with “ethical spending” and “do I need an invite to show up here?”

(h/t Fisticuffs)

5.   Screw the falcons.  Can we just unleash some hungry pelicans on the Burgh?  (h/t Linda)

6.  Lukey hasn’t said “move forward” in a frickin’ long time.  Zober?  Zober?  Zober?

1. NoSide15212
    August 7, 2007 10:10 am

Maniac Magazine is the most poorly written/edited magazine you will ever read in your life –you will feel yourself getting …more stupider… as you read it. But, not unlike the Burgh Blog, they know how to pander. And pander they do to the “Adolescent in Chief.” Of course, Luke being Luke, he thinks it’s cool just because *they say it’s cool*, ergo, he’s more than a little impressed with himself every time he shows up at one of their parties. Aaaaaaaand………..you left out the best part about Maniac Magazine’s profile: “Everyone has an alter ego-a MANIAC side!” Um, okaaaaay…..now I want you to picture Lukie in Danskins, a torn sweatshirt, and leg warmers, dancing solo under a spotlight while water showers down upon him ’cause………..he’s a maniac! Yeh, try to wipe that image from your mind for the rest of the afternoon.

2. pittgirl
    August 7, 2007 10:14 am

Image? Seared. Great.

3. PicaU
    August 7, 2007 10:18 am

Boy, PittGirl…if your sister is hotter than Tina Fey…wow. I’d love to see that.

BTW, I work across the street from the pic you took of the dancing idiot in the street. Saw him too. Amazing that one of these crappy bus drivers didn’t run over his ass.

4. Fisticuffs
    August 7, 2007 10:20 am

Tina Fey is smokin’ – and next to the awesomely aged Alec Baldwin, the best reason to watch 30 Rock.

5. pittgirl
    August 7, 2007 10:24 am

“The manatee has become the mento.”

6. plexxer
    August 7, 2007 11:06 am

#3: I am surely not the only one who thought of Dennis Leary when they read that:

He wants to make the warnings on the packs bigger. Yeah! He wants the whole front of the pack to be the warning. Like the problem is we just haven’t noticed yet. Right? Like he’s going to get his way and all of the sudden smokers around the world are going to be going, “Yeah, Bill, I’ve got some cigarettes.. HOLY SHIT! These things are bad for you! Shit, I thought they were good for you! I thought they had Vitamin C in them and stuff!” You f?#king dolt! Doesn’t matter how big the warnings are. You could have cigarettes that were called the warnings. You could have cigarrets that come in a black pack, with a skull and a cross bone on the front, called tumors and smokers would be lined up around the block going, “I can’t wait to get my hands on these f?*king things! I bet you get a tumor as soon as you light up! Numm Numm Numm Numm Numm”

7. Ruby Vroom
    August 7, 2007 11:11 am

Yay, 30 Rock references! I knew I loved this site. Pittgirl, I clicked on the link to see Craigslist girl and Craigslist told me “this post has been deleted by author.” Sadly I think her experience went from “oh, wow,lots of responses. This is so cool!” to “Oh my god, I’m frightened for my life!” pretty quickly. But, it’s okay, we know you meant well. : )

In closing, live every week like it’s Shark Week, kids!

8. Ms. Mon
    August 7, 2007 11:28 am

Luke just said “moving forward” a few days ago in response to the new “Vidalia” market coming to Downtown. You can read all about it in this week’s Pittsburgh City Paper.

9. PittGirl
    August 7, 2007 11:37 am

I thought he said “moving in the right direction” there?

10. BBM
    August 7, 2007 11:42 am

“Moving in the right direction” definately counts. Start drinking!

11. Ms. Mon
    August 7, 2007 11:49 am

This CP issue comes out tomorrow. He definitely said “moving forward.”

12. Pensgirl
    August 7, 2007 11:58 am

I want to thank Sid for turning 20 and making me feel slightly less creepy when I ogle that picture from a few pages back.

I’m thinking a underage-deterrent sticker would only work if it said “NOW WITH GENUINE BRUSSEL SPROUT FLAVOR!!”

Zober having a Wiki is making me frantically search the horizon for horsemen. YIKES.

13. the intern
    August 7, 2007 12:26 pm

I am now absolutely horrified of pelicans.

Though a few of those would solve the pigeon problem…

14. Ruby Vroom
    August 7, 2007 12:58 pm

You want to talk about feeling creepy, Pensgirl? You should have seen me checking out Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe)on the cover of Details yesterday at Shop n’ Save. And, it really doesn’t make me feel better to know that he recently turned 18.

15. Zsa
    August 7, 2007 1:01 pm

I agree w/ NoSide. When they say “question the rules,” they mean “of grammar and good taste.”

August 7, 2007 1:12 pm

Heh. I bet she attracted a nice crop of fine upstanding cultured young gentlemen with that Steelers jersey. Not a mullet in the bunch, wouldn’t you think?

I should state for the record before the season cranks up: I like football just fine. Football is a fine game. I enjoy watching a well-played football game.

I don’t like football coaches.
    I don’t like football broadcasters.
    I don’t like football players.
    And I really don’t like football fans (family and, apparently, PG excepted).

But I like football just fine.

17. Bram R
    August 7, 2007 1:20 pm

You didn’t see the (maybe november / december) issue of Maniac with Luke on the cover? Huge glossy photo spread. Pictures of him surrounded by mahogany, looking at his watch, and with his hand on his chin, governing. I had searched for the pics online but haven’t found any. Perhaps you have better skills?

18. parking chair
    August 7, 2007 2:39 pm

4. I love the comment under the photo:

a- you look gorgeous! :) (and your boobs look GI-normous!) now you have the mayor, but where are the pics of your infamous, ego-MANIAC serial dater?

looks like we’re finbally oging to get off that “worst city for singles” list – Paaaartay on, Lukey! Party On!

19. NoSide15212
    August 7, 2007 4:05 pm

Zsa & Parking Chair (a genuis moniker, btw)-

Made my day -totally. And if you haven’t read an issue of the “magazine,” the serial dater comment refers to a column, “Confessions of a Serial Dater.” Gaack blechh. I just threw up one of my lungs just thinking about it. It’s tagline ought to be “Plumbing the Depths of the Shallows.”

Bram R-

Hilarious — “governing.” Uh yeh. I have another word for it but I don’t need a mahogany backdrop to do it; just the latest issue of Barely Legal.

20. Still A. Fan
    August 7, 2007 9:47 pm

tina fey is hot. funny girls rule. put them all together and swim in a pool.

sorry, i wrote the first two sentences and read it back. i couldnt get past the fact that it sounded like a great beginning to a poem…….ok a lame poem.

21. Christy Lane-Woynar
    March 19, 2008 9:23 am

parking chair & NoSide15212 ~ thanks for the comment. at maniac, we know that bad publicity is better than no publicity at all. if our publication is so horrible, why do you read it? ah, let me guess, for humor? you’re still putting money in our pocket.