1. Just a reminder to you all where the original “n@” came from, because I’m seeing lots of places using it so I want to be sure it gets the proper shout-out it deserves.
2. I finally updated my blogroll because there are sites that I’ve been reading for a while and it is high time they were listed there. I have about 10 others I’ve just started reading and which will likely be included soon, provided the authors don’t go and do something like come out with their love of pigeons or their devotion to scientology … or their hatred of David Frickin’ Conrad.
3. Is it okay that I have enough love in my heart to continue loving jaw-thrusting, screaming, spitting Bill Cowher as much as I ever did and ALSO love low-key, “as soon as I get you in the locker room I’m going to tell you just exactly what you did wrong” Mike Tomlin? Because they both rock.
4. Reader redsoxfan pointed me to this story on WTAE in which the ratings for some local bridges were released, NOT on the 0-9 scale, but on a different 1-100 scale. 100 being “this bridge is brand new and could withstand the weight of the Gov’nah and every sandwich he has ever eaten” and 0 being “Duck!”
On that scale of 0-100, the Freeport Bridge got a 2. TWO! One-TWO! Out of 100! Is this a typo? Are cars still allowed to drive on it? That’s some daredevil shit for whoever chooses to drive on that thing. “Dude! Screw BASE jumping! Let’s go walk on the Freeport Bridge, man!”
If you are driving the Freeport Bridge, here’s hoping your car has that newfangled “riding bridge down” safety feature.
6. More and more, it’s looking like shooting his face off was the way to go.