Big Giant Mother Storm of 2007

Whoa, Mother Nature. Just. Whoa.

I am well aware that bunches of you readers do not live here in the Burgh anymore, so let me tell you that yesterday was insane.

Apparently God was so totally pissed off about this whole Steely McBeam crap that he decided to let the Burgh have it. And have it we did, in the form of black clouds, rain, hail, wind, tornadoes, downbursts, flying cows, etc.

Also, true to being awesome, the Post-Gazette has branded it as this: “The day the storms kept coming.”
(Right here is where you want to go … Dum-dum-dum-DAHHHHH!)

But it’s okay. We’re all okay. And we’ve got Lukey watching out for us. Yesterday he was exactly where you thought he would be. At the South Side Steelers complex watching training camp.

Wait. What?!

My sister (Another one. Another hot one.) emailed me this snap taken from her television during a WTAE newscast that showed Lukey watching training camp which yesterday was moved to the South Side. She asked me, “Doesn’t our mayor have anything better to do?”

Oh, Lukey.

I’ll let my readers tell you exactly how this looks.

Update:  Just saw that The Burgh Report reported this first.

1. redsoxfan
    August 10, 2007 8:31 am

Big storms…flooding…town being ripped to shreds…residents are suffering and Lukey is at the UPMC South Side Training Facility. Did I mention UPMC? How odd…

2. honda driver
    August 10, 2007 8:39 am

he had just changed out of his steely mcbeam costume. that’s why he was there.

3. JT
    August 10, 2007 8:51 am

I heard he was just trying to get an autograph from The Weather Channel’s Jim Cantore.

4. DW
    August 10, 2007 8:52 am

oh lord, marty griffith will talk on luke being at upmc/steeler complex all morning now…

5. Mayor Bumblef*ck
    August 10, 2007 8:56 am

For Gods sakes, will this jackass just go to the office for once? Does he even know where his office is?

Every thing he does just screams, “Please let me sit at the cool kids’ table in the cafeteria!”

Pathetic.

6. Bram R
    August 10, 2007 9:05 am

PittGirl. The pictures you find. You are a golden goddess.

Did you notice how it was all at the UPMC South Side Training Facility BWAAAH HAH HAH HAH.

7. pittgirl
    August 10, 2007 9:06 am

Feel free to steal ’em, Bram. :)

8. Robert
    August 10, 2007 9:15 am

The city would be a much better place if PittGirl were Mayor. No pigeons, the bridges would be safe, and we would have the hottest mayor in the US.

And the Angry Drunk Bureaucrat could be her consigliere. Bye-bye Yarone.

9. pittgirl
    August 10, 2007 9:19 am

Word, Robert.

10. The Mayor
    August 10, 2007 9:27 am

Wah wah wahhhh. You know damn well that if YOU were mayor every single one of you would be getting jobs for your napping-in-the-truck deadbeat brother and lazy-ass nail-painting yakking on the phone all day sister… meeting everyone famous that you possibly can… going on trips and golf outings at someone else’s expense… scheduling important “meetings” at breakfast, lunch, and dinner time… lay off the dude already. so he’s a people-person and likes football and golf.

at least he’s not stealing properties from the small business owner on 5th and forbes to give it away to his corporate “friends”. or training point park college interns behind the desk :-O

11. Pensgirl
    August 10, 2007 9:43 am

Aw, look at the little troll. Isn’t it precious?

Smote for Steely…it’s nice to laugh in the morning. Seriously, though, Pittsburgh’s been hit with a lot of flooding in the past few years. Worrisome.

12. Moe the Dog
    August 10, 2007 9:48 am

I wish to propose a new game…”Where’s Waldenstahl”

Everyone can study the Pittsburgh social scene and current events and wager on where the mayor will appear. I think we can even include staffers due to the spontaneity of his schedule. I think his day is like “hmm, the steelers are on the south side, I’m there” or “What’s that? Corey Feldman is changing planes at the airport, let’s use the neat flashing lights”

13. Tinare
    August 10, 2007 9:57 am

I kept waiting for the swarms of locusts yesterday.

14. NY Luvs Pitts
    August 10, 2007 10:58 am

Did your water turn into blood? What about the flies and gnats? Tell dem Rooneys to let that mascot go. GIVE IT UP!!! Y’all already have swarms of pigeons. What other plagues do you want? I’m sure you don’t want darkness to fall upon the Burgh? Pittgirl, you are the Moses of this city!!!! Lead your people to freedom!!!! For Pharoah is down at the South Side Facility making small talk with the abomination that is Steely McBeam!!! We shall overcome!!!!!

15. Matt H
    August 10, 2007 7:48 pm

Not a storm here at all regarding the Mayor. Facts have come out that he left there and got in the storm communications center in Point Breeze.

People around the local blogs are making it sound like he was on the Southside during the storm doing nothing but hanging with the Steelers. Couldn’t be further from the truth.