Random n@.

1. My vacation was wonderful, except for the fact that the ocean bit. Literally bit. Jellyfish all over the frickin’ place. Next time I go into the ocean and say, “Gee, I wonder why I’m the only person in the water,” I’m going to wise up and run like hell. Stupid jellyfish.

2. In case you were hoping we wouldn’t be the laughing stock of the Internet. All hope is lost.

3. I caught a few minutes of Saturday’s preseason game and boy, was I not impressed with what I was seeing. I knew when I tuned in just before half time and saw that the Duke of Fug and the Earl of Gross was still on the field that the Steelers must have been stinking the joint up like an Ed Rendell fart. Let’s get this shit together, boys.

4. High School Musical 2? ROCKED! What? Shut up.

5. Definitely, shooting his face off was the way to go.

6. Damn straight, Steelers fans rock. (h/t Diane)

7. Doug Shields was Stevie Steeler!? WTF? Did he do the running man dance? Did he get jiggy with it? I’d take Stevie Steeler over Steely McBeam any day. Have I told you guys yet how much I hate Steely McBeam? (h/t Jo)

8. That cutie iJustine got a 300-page phone bill for her new iPhone. You know what? I just this second decided I don’t want an iPhone anymore. (h/t Robert)

9. OMG. If any one of you ever dares to play this kind of joke on me, do not be pissed at me when I shoot YOUR face off because: PittGirl’s worst nightmare? PITTGIRL’S WORST NIGHTMARE! (h/t Still A. Fan)

1. BBM
    August 20, 2007 10:26 am

1. Welcome back!
    2. Took them long enough.
    3. Word.
    5. The PG SUCKS for including the girls name in the article. Yeah, I know it’s not hard to find on the Internet, but they still shouldn’t include it. Jerks.
    6. Word.

2. Heather Downey
    August 20, 2007 10:48 am

Welcome back from vacation :)

As for the iPhone bill, I saw a story with Andrew Stockey, and she said that her bill included 35,000 text messages in a month. Yes, 35,000. Um, do the math….can she text with her toes???

3. Pensgirl
    August 20, 2007 11:32 am

1. I hope you didn’t fall for that urban legend (or is it ‘beach legend?’) about how to numb jellyfish stings. My great-grandmother was from a place that had jellyfish in the water, and I grew up visiting there. If that little – uh, ‘home remedy’ – was true, Nannie would have told us about it.

2. Please, the Balto Sun is making fun of McBeam? Its home team plays in a PURPLE STADIUM! Talk about your glass houses!

4. Sorry, but nothin’ else matters when The Bourne Identity is playing. Doesn’t matter that I’ve seen it a billion times, or that I own it: amnesiac spy movies > everything else on TV.

5. Yes.

6. Also yes, even though I can’t watch that ’til I get home.

7. I don’t even believe it’s humanly possible to text that much. Thank goodness I don’t know anyone like that…I would have to beat them with a big, big stick and make them pay my bill.

9. Never you fear, Pittgirl. We would never subject you to pigeons!

4. NY Luvs Pitts
    August 20, 2007 11:41 am

1. Poor PG. Welcome back.
    2. NY cries with and for you.
    3. THAT’S RIGHT!!!!

August 20, 2007 3:01 pm

1. Take my advice: When at beach, stay in bars.

3. Yawn. Wake me when the playoffs start.

6. efw_west
    August 20, 2007 3:03 pm

The home remedy for the jelly stings was actually used on an episode of Survivor, I believe.

7. Still A. Fan
    August 20, 2007 7:41 pm

#2

i sent him a nice email that ended with this as the email address:

fuck@you.com

i feel so much better now. i’ll understand if you have to edit that – but i thought i needed your peeps (which are my peeps) to bask in it’s uneditedness. if that’s not a word, i just made it up.

8. Jonathan Potts
    August 21, 2007 10:38 am

Sorry, but Prone McFlattened is pretty funny.

9. Jen
    August 21, 2007 3:35 pm

High School Musical 2 DID, in fac, rock… but I liked the first one better.

10. BB
    August 22, 2007 1:31 pm

About Ben being in the game for the first half…do you know anything about football, Pittgirl? It is called leaving your starters in. DUH!! As the pre season goes on you play your starters more to get them sharp. DUH