Random n@.

1. While beachin’ it with my sisters, we all took the Myers Briggs personality test to see for certain just how insane we are (turns out, pretty). PittGirl is an INTJ, which is the personality profile of just 1% of the population. Me to a T. Now I don’t know if I like me very much. Oh whatever, I rock.

2. Whirl magazine is featuring a photo shoot with Troysus. Scans coming soon, oh, yes. (h/t Bill)

3. The Comet live-blogged Lukey’s ethics hearing and it is awesome!

4. Benny is featured in GQ this month in a photo shoot about the young quarterbacks in the NFL. Minions? Click here and enjoy.  Please remember this the next time you’re about to hit “send” after writing me hate mail.

5. A Facebook friend, Leo, mentioned this: Kennywood is getting rid of the Gold Rusher. Personally, I can’t say I’m too sad about this because I still ride that ride scrunched way way down in my seat while peering through my fingers because I have an irrational fear of low-flying, shoulder-skimming bats and big giant hairy spiders that clearly want very much to be in my next nightmare.

6. The Chin claims that he does not plan to coach again and that he is currently learning the piano. This is so when he coaches again he can be all, “Well, the piano didn’t work out, you see.”

7. Did you guys see The Hoff sing last night on America’s Got Talent? He may be the biggest ball of cheese and corn ever, but he sure is an entertaining cheesy corn ball.

8.  The PG overhauled their web page and now I’m all lost and shit.

9.  It’s going to cost you 80% more to stalk Matt Lamanna.  Worth it?  Worth it.

1. Still A. Fan
    August 22, 2007 6:56 pm

#6 most new piano students learn to play “chop sticks”. can you friggin’ see him sitting there playing “chop sticks”??? that, my friends, is a funny visual.

2. Susan
    August 22, 2007 7:36 pm

Regarding David Hasselhoff (#7) After watching that video, I’m beginning to think the Germans are a bit blind and deaf.

3. Brando
    August 22, 2007 8:08 pm

Old Mill….gone! Gold Rusher….gone! There’s nowhere left for me to make out with that hottie from Social Studies class on Kennywood Day. I’m so distraught…

August 22, 2007 8:16 pm

1. Why do I think 99% of the people who took the test ended up in that category?

5. Meh. Haven’t ridden that in years. Bucdaughter and I prefer the coasters. Wheeeee!

5. Bram R
    August 22, 2007 8:39 pm

“The INTJ “scientist” is also attracted to the ENFP “journalist””

Rawr! And thanks for the plug. :)

Also, Brando — we’ll always have Le Chachot.

6. Pensgirl
    August 22, 2007 9:37 pm

Still A, I’ve been getting similar visuals. And questions, lots and lots of questions. Is there a specially-sized piano with extra-wide keys for NFL-sized hands? What are the repair costs for a piano that has rusted due to spittle? Where do you find a teacher with the balls to tell him he’s playing in the wrong key? Can he make the piano play the right song just by yelling at it? Inquiring minds want to know….

7. burghguy138
    August 22, 2007 11:42 pm

Is it me, or does Luke look like he’s crying in that pic on the front page of the PG today?

8. PittCheMBA
    August 23, 2007 2:11 am

The new format of the PG can be frightening. I was reading an article about who Bob Nutting may hire as the new Pirates CEO, and Bob Nutting’s pic is huge. I like the fact that the PG is posting larger pics, but Bob Nutting, YUK!

9. Joe Striker
    August 23, 2007 7:55 am

Something else totally off the wall – Check this report out :o

ST. PAUL (AP) Investigators haven’t yet determined what caused the Interstate 35W bridge to collapse.

The bridge was pounded by heavy trucks, weakened by missing bolts and strained by cracking steel. It also faced a more mundane enemy Birds.

The pigeons that made the bridge their home also used it as their toilet. Inspectors began documenting the buildup of pigeon dung on the 20 years ago. Experts say the manure they deposited all over steel beams helped rust the bridge faster.

A 1987-1989 report found a coating of pigeon dung on steel with nest and heavy buildup on the inside of hollow box sections of the bridge.

10. aj
    August 23, 2007 8:28 am

Brando and Bram-
    Le Chachot caught fire a few years back and was forced to close… and the Old Mill is still standing, it is just all Garfield themed now. The rocking old bones finially where replaced. You could maybe try to make out on the Exterminator but it could be dangerous with all the spinning and hills.

11. Zsa
    August 23, 2007 11:27 am

Brando, my cat is named Brando. He is pure white and very fat. Just saying is all.

I can’t think of anything grosser than making out with Garfield watching me. I’m sure you could cop a feel in Noah’s Ark.

Brady Quinn is much cuter when he’s just been playing & his hair is all mussed up as opposed to the “styling.” As for Ben, I don’t know why but that picture reminds me of a still from a Ben Affleck movie.

12. Paul
    August 23, 2007 11:54 am

Wow…another INTJ! And for all these years I thought I’d never know another.

13. Ruby Vroom
    August 26, 2007 4:05 pm

PittGirl, it’s becoming more and more clear to me why I love your site. I, too, am an INTJ. Now I can tell myself that that doesn’t make me lonely, but uncommonly awesome. ; )