Random n@.

1.  What the hell, Bill Peduto?  Are we all being punked? (h/t REARless)

2.  From an article about dogfighting in western PA:

The statute was originally motivated by a movement in California to ban “crush videos,” in which women wearing spike heels and short skirts slowly crush small animals to death for the sexual gratification of foot fetishists.

And once again, we can all thank the PG for showing us that the world is full of creepy freaks who better stay the hell away from me.

3.   From a PG article reviewing the recent Ozzfest 2007, specifically the band Lordi:

By far my favorite performance of the day, mostly because I couldn’t stop laughing. The Finnish band takes more than two hours putting on its costumes and makeup to look like the offspring of a Klingon and “Conan the Barbarian” villain.

Take a good look at these dudes.

4.  Dunkin Donuts will be opening 105 locations in the Burgh over the next several years.  That is NOT a typo.  105.  That donut-making dude is going to be TIRED.

5.  Holy shit!  Now THAT’S a winner, right there!  Man, if I were a dad, would my daughters be locked up! (h/t Sparky)

6.  In case you didn’t know that Leona Helmsley was one crazy bitch, let me tell you, Leona Helmsley was one. Crazy. Bitch.

7.  In a thread from April entitled “NOT happy with PittGirl at the moment” on Benny’s official forum, in which the minions are pissed about this post of mine, all of the following are said about me:

• I’d like to have a cage match with Pittgirl over this one!
  • Pittgirl is always a class a A-hole
  • I think she is pathetic and is attention starved..but then again, I don’t read her unless it’s brought up on this site.
  • She obviously does it to get a reaction from people. And by the looks of it its working. Maybe Benji turned her down.
  • Burgh blog is the main example of Yinzer urge to nitpick.  That’s why I don’t read that crap!
  • She does it cause it gives her stupid blog traffic.  Otherwise people would ignore her and move on.

And my absolute personal favorite:

Pittgirl to me has a heart blacker than sin.

Awesome!

1. Pittgirl is mean?
    August 29, 2007 11:55 am

While we were on vacation last week, I was telling stories to my boys about an aunt I had who was SUPER mean and, thus, so was her chihuaha who always gnarled its teeth or bit me when I was within striking range.

One of the boys asked me, “Was she meaner than a bag of hammers?”

2. Julie_Gong
    August 29, 2007 12:11 pm

I only read you because of your heart blacker than sin.

3. Mark Denovich
    August 29, 2007 12:16 pm

Just heard of Lordi? Where have you been? Lordi won the Eurovision song contest the year before last. The are still big in Finland… our hosts there were very proud to have finally won over their ABBA loving cousins, Sweden. Sadly, I didn’t have time to make it to their restaurant… er.. Rocktaurant: http://www.rocktaurant.com/index_en.html

4. Darwin Police
    August 29, 2007 12:20 pm

i have a question, if Pittgirl doesn’t like ben or what he does, why does she feel the need to talk about him???? i mean if i don’t like someone i don’t talk about them, or talk about what they did.

I’m going to write “IRONY” in huge letters on a baseball bat and club #1BENLUVER with it.

5. pittgirl
    August 29, 2007 12:21 pm

HAH!

6. Pensgirl
    August 29, 2007 12:29 pm

1. WTF?

2. Don’t you wish there was a way you could find these people and let small animals crush them?

3. Hold me, I’m scared.

4. I’m torn. Specifically, I’m torn between “up with Dunkin’ Donuts/down with Krispy Kreme” and “WTF, Dunkin’, you closed three, count ’em THREE stores within a mile of my house when Krispy Kreme opened ONE freakin’ store an hour away! I coulda told you Pittsburgh would be loyal to its Dunkin’….your business sense BLOOOOOWS!”

5. Now THAT has to be somebody punking us. (For the love of God, PLEASE.)

6. You, GO, Leona. I’ve known PLENTY of people who deserve to be shit-kicked in favor of a dog. Besides, someone’s got to balance out our animal karma given things like 2.

7. Poor Benny! Pittgirl is ALL that is SOULLESS and WRONG.

7. Displaced Burgher
    August 29, 2007 12:34 pm

Lordi was actually the winner of 2006’s Eurovision – essentially a competition of acts from across Europe. The winner is crowned by text message vote. I guess they’re trying to conquer America now.

8. Displaced Burgher
    August 29, 2007 12:35 pm

Lordi was actually the winner of 2006’s Eurovision – essentially a competition of musical acts from across Europe. The winner is crowned by text message vote. I guess they’re trying to conquer America now.

9. spoon
    August 29, 2007 12:38 pm

1) Great so now all of the perverts will go “OMG! Justine will come to MY house! SCHWEET!”

7) The whackjobs in that forum are why I should be able to carry a gun. The herds needs thinning.

10. Bram R
    August 29, 2007 1:21 pm

1) He once explained himself by holding out his two hands and offering, “Good public servant … BAD politician.” Is this any help?

2) On behalf of foot fetishists everywhere, I must complain to the P-G. That is not a foot fetish. That is a sociopathic prick fetish.

7) I don’t sympatize with the minions, either, but a Cage Match is a solid suggestion.

11. Bob
    August 29, 2007 1:47 pm

*Warning — self-pimpage ahead*

I parsed the Dunkin’ Donuts data a little bit — you can view the results here.

August 29, 2007 1:57 pm

Cage match? … Black heart? rowr, you get hotter by the second, PG.

13. lillydais
    August 29, 2007 2:31 pm

What was the craigslist post? I looked at m4w this AM and missed connections, but the one you’ve linked to has been flagged for removal, so now I’m curious which one it was…

14. lillydais
    August 29, 2007 2:31 pm

What was the craigslist post? I looked at m4w and missed connections this AM, but the one you’ve linked to has been flagged for removal, so now I’m curious which one it was…

15. Ms. Mon
    August 29, 2007 2:47 pm

1) We have updates on what’s going on with the Pittsburgh mayoral race over at our blog.

7)”Should we all confess our sins to one another we would all laugh at one another for our lack of originality.” — Kahlil Gibran

16. Jordan
    August 29, 2007 2:50 pm

Yeah pittgirl..you..uh..suck. yeah..that’s it.

17. BBM
    August 29, 2007 3:26 pm

Could somebody please tell me where these alleged ten currently existing Dunkin’ Donuts are? Downtown–closed. Heidelberg–closed. Cranberry–way too freakin’ far away.

18. Ms. Caroline
    August 29, 2007 4:17 pm

BBM – Dunkin Donuts on Rt. 30 in Irwin, Rt. 119 in Greensburg, & Rt. 30 Greensburg.

Look at me knowing where the donut places are. How shocking….

19. REARless
    August 29, 2007 4:37 pm

They are building a Dunkin Donuts right now as we type on Perry Highway (Rt. 19) in Wexford.

20. DW
    August 29, 2007 5:06 pm

The Cranberry Dunkin one (which I can see out my window) is straight outta the 70’s, too. It needs a big time update.

#5…I’d put on spike heels (no short skirt!) and slowly crush that asshat. I agree w/ Pensgirl and hope we’re being punked on dat one. I need you, Pittgirl, to give my daughter nut-kicking lessons.

21. Ashley
    August 29, 2007 5:52 pm

ok this is my first posting on ur blog and i just wanted to let you know i would prob be classified as one of benny’s minions since i do post on his blog but i absolutely LOVE you and your blog, so don’t think it’s all of us are like that at his forum!! i think u rock Pittgirl!!!

22. THEBOJ
    August 29, 2007 7:59 pm

Personally, I think my reply to their forum post says it all…

“Seriously… do you all think that PittGirl creates her blog or makes snarky comments for your benefit? Do you think she does it for the attention?

Ummm… that blog was around before you were bashing it. And that blog was around before it got “famous”. YOU all made it popular and famous.

Regardless of her opinion of Ben (correct as it may be), she really could care less what we all think. That’s what makes it good stuff. It is honest, and it is hers.

Get over yourselves.”

23. Gunn Lino
    August 29, 2007 8:15 pm

Maybe we can get these Lordi freaks to attend the next Furries convention, that would be interesting to observe.

24. WrigleyGrec
    August 29, 2007 9:02 pm

I think the Dunkin Donuts guy died last year…sorry to bring the dark cloud to the party.

25. Trish
    August 29, 2007 10:20 pm

I admit to visiting Big Ben News and I recognized a LOT of people from there. Stop drinking the haterade, girls.

PS–a few of us have been playing with the minions on your Ben/Missy post from February. Hope you don’t mind.

26. O
    August 29, 2007 10:31 pm

Wait… you’re mean?

27. PittCheMBA
    August 29, 2007 10:35 pm

#4 – Burghers are going to become awfully obese eating all those donuts.

28. PittGirl
    August 30, 2007 7:36 am

Thanks, Ashley, THEBOJ, and Trish. You can be my minions too.

29. plexxer
    August 30, 2007 9:18 am

Does anybody remember the date they opened the first Krispy Kreme in Pittsburgh was? It was all over the news the morning of Sep. 11th, 2001.

30. NoSide15212
    August 30, 2007 9:42 am

THEBOJ:

Niiiiiiice pandering. Totally sweet. I managed to catch a photo of you “rescuing” PittGirl from all of Ben’s minions:

31. One of Ben's minions
    August 30, 2007 9:56 am

I am the author of that thread. And at the time I was a little annoyed with pittgirl…thats all. Didnt mean to get the crazies to go well…crazier. I do however find it hilarious that April sent you a post from like March or April. She had to go digging for that one.
    And I am a big Ben news…that is a much classier web sight then Br7!

32. not another comment
    August 30, 2007 4:27 pm

Classier? Maybe in a minion sort of way. If that’s the way you roll.

33. Susanne
    August 30, 2007 5:51 pm

I don’t live in the burg anymore. But get off your brains peeps..Dunkin Doughnuts makes MAD money here in NJ. They have the best coffee and summer iced drinks. Get together some scratch..borrow from mom and buy a franchise!!!! Once they head office gives the OK to open in a specific area your good to go, so look into it. I’m missing out living here in already Dunkin’d land. KA CHING Burg buddies

34. Trish
    August 30, 2007 6:35 pm

I see Big Ben News has removed a thread about Ben being a douche at the intro lunch the other day. Color me shocked.

35. Ashley
    August 30, 2007 6:44 pm

ya you’ll also notice that the pittgirl thread has been deleted…what’s the point in posting if everything gets deleted, doesn’t everyone have a right to their own opinions?!! guess not lol!!!

36. SportyGal85
    August 30, 2007 7:58 pm

From what I’ve seen and heard in some ways BBN is better, but in others it’s BR-7 lite. Just go for (positive) Benny news and pictures if that’s what you’re looking for (how she finds all that stuff I will never know) and keep it moving. It definitely seems that they only allow you to express yourself to a certain extent…

37. Sylar
    August 30, 2007 11:21 pm

OK, I’ll bite. What terrible thing did Mr. Ben do at the luncheon? Anybody?

38. TRUTHTELLER
    August 31, 2007 9:01 am

7. PG, you know you’re hot when your name appears frequently on a site as COOL as Benny’s. Welcome to success my friend (LOL)!!!

39. BBM
    August 31, 2007 10:25 am

Thanks to your input and a little research, I have discovered that there are no Dunkin’ Donuts within 30 miles of my home. It’s almost like they found my house on a map and drew a big circle around it saying “No donuts for you!” I need minions. Minions that will fetch me donut holes and super-yummy iced coffee beverages.

40. Trish
    August 31, 2007 4:25 pm

Sylar–apparently he didn’t sign autographs afterwards and was texting someone during the highlight film. Then again since his highlights included sucking for most of the season I don’t blame him for not wanting to watch. OMG HE WAS TEXTING MISSY THAT WHORE HOW DARE SHE DISTRACT HIM FROM US TRUE FANS??!!??!!?ELEVENTY?!?!

41. platinum credit card
    January 28, 2008 4:38 am

It is crucial to read the terms and conditions carefully. There might be some odd penalties or other terms. Fine print is what you need to read. If you want to get precise information the best thing will be to go on the Internet and compare different offers listed on special websites such as

Excellent Credit Card