Random n@.

1. Out of Colorado:

An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will.

“It causes a lot of conflict on the playground,” said Cindy Fesgen, assistant principal of the Discovery Canyon Campus school.

Running games are still allowed as long as students don’t chase each other, she said.

You know what? If you don’t run, you can’t be chased.

If you don’t want to play tag, just sit your ass down or go swing or something.

God.

(h/t Dan)

2. Those of you who are David Conrad fans like me, which should by now be EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU, you can go here to watch him in an episode of Relativity. Enjoy.

3. How can you NOT love country music with lyrics like these?

Them panty-hose ain’t gonna last to0 long,

if the DJ puts Bon Jovi on.

She might come home in a table cloth,

yeah tequila makes her clothes fall off.

That sound you hear is bunches of Burghers turning their radio dials (Hello, 1982!) to Froggy 98.

4. The Buccos are no longer in last place and are only 8.5 games out of first. I am as shocked as you are.

5. Those of you wanting to see new pictures of Sonni are in luck, because now you can see her with the other hottest newswoman ever, Wendy Bell:

Bam! That’s a whole lot of hot.

(photo courtesy of Jim)

1. Greg
    August 30, 2007 12:03 pm

Wendy Bell is smoking hot but in a girl next door kind of way.

2. Children who become adults
    August 30, 2007 12:43 pm

Yes, why let our young children learn conflict resolution skills at school through normal playground activities? They are MUCH too busy learning about homosexuality and sex — the sort of skills and knowledge that will serve them well later in life.

As an aside, you can usually identify the adults in the workplace who do not have experience with conflict and conflict resolution. There are some managers at the office, or at our clients, who take great delight in harassing them at work until they cry.

Ahhh, the cruelties and harsh realities of life =)

3. Judge Rufus Peckham
    August 30, 2007 12:50 pm

So, tag “causes a lot of conflict on the playground,” does it? Maybe that’s because IT’S A GAME. Somebody is going to win, somebody is going to lose. That’s the whole point.

Why don’t we just dress all the kids in ballet outfits and have them color pictures of ponies at lunch time — and then we can scratch our heads and wonder why boys don’t like school.

4. Darwin Police
    August 30, 2007 12:51 pm

Things that kids need to learn to deal with in elementary schools:
    1. Getting picked on a little bit
    2. Minor injuries
    3. Failure

5. BURGH
    August 30, 2007 1:10 pm

Sonni is so hot, she makes Wendy look like the next candidate for “The Swan”.

6. parking chair
    August 30, 2007 1:29 pm

Wendy Bell is only hot in a Lynn Cullen kind of way.

(pause for reflection)

Yeah. Exactly.

7. danopsu
    August 30, 2007 1:30 pm

1. All part of the woosification of America. “He picked on me….WAHHHH” Jeezuz…suck it up…get a helmet and deal with it. Cant wait til that generation has to actually work for a living…

2. That DC is one lucky guy…not only does he have to “work” with JLH but he also has the lust of Pittgirl…Im jealous!

3. HOO-HAH

4. Get out your green weenie for the play-off run…or am i dating myself?

5. I may not be able to concentrate for the rest of the afternoon….

8. DW
    August 30, 2007 1:58 pm

Finally a little eye-candy for us guys. Sweet!

I mean, I like Troysus but not his ass and all…I like watching him deck RB’s, QB’s and any other B’s.

August 30, 2007 2:03 pm

5. Thanks! That gives me a great idea for my next shower!

10. Zsa
    August 30, 2007 2:17 pm

I wonder if it was really the kids that complained, or the mommies who were upset that Emma or Ethan fell down and went boom and got a hole in the $200 L’il Dolce & Gabbana pants.

Then again, a place called the Discovery Canyon School is probably already pretty pretentiously wussy and this is just the cherry on top of the sundae. I looked at their website and there were so many touchy feely buzzwords my head hurt.

11. Judge Rufus Peckham
    August 30, 2007 3:07 pm

Right, Zsa, on the tag comment. More generally, I am tired of hearing that everything we did when we grew up was unsafe, unhealthy, sexist or unwittingly promoted some other societal ill. One would think we had to be cavemen or women, we were so unenlightened.

12. dwight
    August 30, 2007 4:26 pm

5. I’m waiting on the Keith Jones/Jeff Versyla apron shot.

13. Jason
    August 30, 2007 4:42 pm

Wendy Bell looks like a man in that picture. And I’ve never seen her as even remotely hot.

14. BBM
    August 30, 2007 6:41 pm

If my kid were to ever become such a wuss that she complained about being chased/harrassed on a playground, I would promptly hide my face in shame then move to a new town. Not complain to school administration. If parts of childhood don’t suck, then you ain’t doing it right.

15. Stll A. Fan
    August 30, 2007 9:37 pm

sonni delight.

i remember walking to a school playground with friends and those steel monkey bar/octagons were everywhere and we climbed all day. they even had these poles with huge red/white fishing bobbers on the top with a chain that rang a bell. we were climbing 10+ feet in the air on a steel pole and there wasn’t a parent around. try THAT today.

16. Kelly
    August 30, 2007 9:48 pm

Does anyone else get the sneaking suspicion that Mr. Lokay is dating Sonni Abatta….or maybe just WANTS to??

Don’t get me wrong, I love Lokay as much as the next girl (he IS kind of cute, you know!!)….but I just sense a vibe there for some reason.

17. TRUTHTELLER
    August 31, 2007 8:54 am

1. I’m a kindergarten teacher and “conflicts” are not limited to only occurring on the playground. Banning tag at recess is a far cry if one is trying to reduce conflict at school. Some conflict needs to happen so that children learn conflict resolution. I would rather it happen while playing tag than while bullies are attacking children in the school hallway or something.
    3. I love Bon Jovi! Ummm, never mind….
    5. Sonni is WAY hotter than Wendy Bell. Wendy is too “plain jane.”

18. pasta
    August 31, 2007 9:18 am

So…in country music…is tequila the new whiskey?

19. danopsu
    August 31, 2007 9:59 am

Im on the Wendy bandwagon…although my all time fav is Susan Barnett…

20. Jim Lokay
    August 31, 2007 10:09 am

Sorry, Kelly. Nothing going on here. The best way to characterize my on- and off-air rapport with Sonni is that I’m the older brother who likes to antagonize the crap out of her.

21. BURGH