Random n@.

1. Best weather ever? Best weather EVER!

2. I found myself down near Heinz Field yesterday and saw all the big tents and the people and decided to investigate. We found ourselves in the throes of the big Rib Festival. I don’t know if you’ve ever gone to the Rib Fest at Heinz Field, but it is basically tent after tent of ribs (that all taste the same to me), tent after tent of three dollar waters, and person after person that looked like they attended the Yinztitute of NASCAR.

You know … biker people, big guys wearing Steelers jerseys with hiking boots, middle-aged ladies in Hooters t-shirts? There was a VIP tent too. I imagine that was for GRADUATES of the Yinztitute of NASCAR.   But, whatever, we had fun.

3. Finally, a female offender of the “Don’t post bathroom pictures in your Craigslist profile.” Nice. What is that all about? Do people actually find themselves in a public restroom and go, “Man, this is a PERFECT spot!  Where’s my camera?”  Must be something about the way the light reflects off of the tile.  Or something about how stupid people are. (h/t Matt H)

4. If you’ve ever wanted to see Sonni Abatta, Wendy Bell, and Mayor Lukey as Amy Winehouse … wish granted.

5.  You can see pictures of the Steelers USAirways plane here.

6.   LaMont Jones transcribed Miss Teen South Carolina’s exact answer and boy, reading it is just as awesome:

“I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, um, some people out there in our nation don’t have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq and everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uh, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, should help South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future.”

She forgot “world peace.”

7.   In defending himself over his new book in which he admits to faking the timing of an injury in 2000 during training camp so that he couldn’t be cut from the team, Jerome Bettis says:

“Was it the right thing to do? Probably not, but I never said it was the right thing,” Mr. Bettis said. “It was what I had to do. The team was going to do what was in its best interests. I had to do what was in mine. I had to look out for No. 1. Anybody who says you shouldn’t do that is naive. Anybody who says they wouldn’t do it is stupid.”

Yeah, Jerome, THAT’S going to appease your fans.  Calling those that would have chosen to actually do the right thing “stupid.”

As PittGirl’s sister said, “Was it okay for Barry Bonds to use steroids, because it was after all, in his best interests?”

Also, Jerome, would it be okay if I killed all the pigeons because it would be in my best interests?

8.  Hulk Hogan was in town.  I encourage you to watch the video only because it gets awesome at exactly :59.

1. Greg
    September 4, 2007 10:35 am

I think Hulk Hogan would have more luck if the towels were black and gold. In all honesty I can’t see myself waving a towel for 15 minutes unless I can scream Lets Go Steelers……….. does that make me less of an American?

2. Sofa King
    September 4, 2007 10:56 am

Sorry to be a naysayer, but the “Uniting Towel?” LAME. Now, we all know and love the Terrible Towel and it’s awe-inspiring mystical power, but does anyone really think a “Towel for America” is going go yield us any sense of national unity? Really, with all the money that they are spending on the millions of custom-printed dishtowels, they could’ve donated the money to something useful that’ll actually HELP somebody, like food banks or education.

Would it be un-American of me to use mine to dry off my Acura?

3. Kelli
    September 4, 2007 11:25 am

Actually, I think that Jerome’s arguement will go over better than most would like to admit.

I mean, I would never ever do something like that.

But I sure as hell do know at least one person who in some way abused the Worker’s Comp system. Likely we all know that guy.

So the regular everyday folks can still relate to that.

Barry Bonds? Eh, not so much. See, I can’t relate at all. I can not imagine a drug that would improve my job skills in any way. I mean, is there a drug that can help me analyze contracts better or faster? Nope. (Beer makes it more fun, but it doesn’t necessarily make me better at it.)

I think it comes down to whether the common guy or gal can still relate.

4. Whatcha gonna do?!?!
    September 4, 2007 1:26 pm

8. Some of Beaver County’s finest right there at :59…

7. Is it just me or am I the only one in the Burgh getting tired of Jerome milkin it for all its worth?

Just a few thoughts!

5. Kelli
    September 4, 2007 3:05 pm

Also, I think I have seen that tile pattern in that bathroom photo of #3 somewhere.

I think it is a fast food joint. An Arby’s maybe?

6. webchyk
    September 4, 2007 4:30 pm

if everyone twirls their “uniting towel” in a counterclockwise rotation at the same time for those 15 minutes, will we go back to a time before people came up with ideas like “uniting towels?”

September 4, 2007 6:32 pm

3. Whoever told her she was cute was lying his/her ass off.

8. Still A. Fan
    September 4, 2007 7:46 pm

the united towel is the dumbest idea i have ever heard of. 15 minutes? i have a hard time taking a minute of silence when someone famous dies and i’m asked to take a moment of silence at a public event. i have a short attention span….um, iraq……south africa……..

9. philadelphia cheeseburgher
    September 5, 2007 9:56 am

Is it just me or does Sonni Abatta even manage to look spectacular with a missing tooth?!