- September 4, 2007
- filed under Annoying Burghers, Downtown happenings, Eye rolls, Mayor Ravenstahl, Sonni Abatta, Steelers, Weather, Weird Burghers, Wendy Bell
1. Best weather ever? Best weather EVER!
2. I found myself down near Heinz Field yesterday and saw all the big tents and the people and decided to investigate. We found ourselves in the throes of the big Rib Festival. I don’t know if you’ve ever gone to the Rib Fest at Heinz Field, but it is basically tent after tent of ribs (that all taste the same to me), tent after tent of three dollar waters, and person after person that looked like they attended the Yinztitute of NASCAR.
You know … biker people, big guys wearing Steelers jerseys with hiking boots, middle-aged ladies in Hooters t-shirts? There was a VIP tent too. I imagine that was for GRADUATES of the Yinztitute of NASCAR. But, whatever, we had fun.
3. Finally, a female offender of the “Don’t post bathroom pictures in your Craigslist profile.” Nice. What is that all about? Do people actually find themselves in a public restroom and go, “Man, this is a PERFECT spot! Where’s my camera?” Must be something about the way the light reflects off of the tile. Or something about how stupid people are. (h/t Matt H)
4. If you’ve ever wanted to see Sonni Abatta, Wendy Bell, and Mayor Lukey as Amy Winehouse … wish granted.
5. You can see pictures of the Steelers USAirways plane here.
6. LaMont Jones transcribed Miss Teen South Carolina’s exact answer and boy, reading it is just as awesome:
“I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, um, some people out there in our nation don’t have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq and everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uh, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, should help South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future.”
She forgot “world peace.”
7. In defending himself over his new book in which he admits to faking the timing of an injury in 2000 during training camp so that he couldn’t be cut from the team, Jerome Bettis says:
“Was it the right thing to do? Probably not, but I never said it was the right thing,” Mr. Bettis said. “It was what I had to do. The team was going to do what was in its best interests. I had to do what was in mine. I had to look out for No. 1. Anybody who says you shouldn’t do that is naive. Anybody who says they wouldn’t do it is stupid.”
Yeah, Jerome, THAT’S going to appease your fans. Calling those that would have chosen to actually do the right thing “stupid.”
As PittGirl’s sister said, “Was it okay for Barry Bonds to use steroids, because it was after all, in his best interests?”
Also, Jerome, would it be okay if I killed all the pigeons because it would be in my best interests?
8. Hulk Hogan was in town. I encourage you to watch the video only because it gets awesome at exactly :59.