1. Whoa, fake Don Cannon! Whoa! Poor real Don Cannon. Get well, Don!
2. As you know, Burghers, Sidney Crosby recently launched his clothing line with Reebok:
The casual line of boys’ and men’s clothing by Reebok initially will be sold only at three Canadian sporting goods stores — Sportchek, National Sports and Sports Experts — and will not be available online.
I don’t know about you, but I think the boys and men of the world are going to go APESHIT over that hot pink t-shirt. I smell product shortage.
3. Did you guys watch Andy Roddick lose to Roger Federer-er-er last night at the US Open? That was some awesome tennis only made better by listening to Andre Agassi and John McEnroe do the commenting. Tennis rocks.
4. You know, we just don’t do nearly enough animal sacrificing here in the US Americans. Screw regular maintenance and safety checks. Bring on the sacrificial slaughter. I volunteer the pigeons.
5. WTAE got a KICKASS new set. And I mean kick. ass. Go here to watch a video of Wendy Bell giving a high energy (if you love her)/manic (if you hate her) tour of the set … and either hate her guts, or love her to pieces. There is no middle ground.
6. I saw a Segway tour rolling down Sixth Avenue the other day as I tried to turn onto Grant. Thank God this kind woman held out her hand in the STOP gesture as she rolled in front of me because I was THIS close to not understanding that there was a SEGWAY IN FRONT OF MY CURRENTLY STOPPED CAR. I totally would have slammed the gas pedal and mowed her down if she hadn’t done that.
Here’s a picture of her authoritative jazz hands-loving ass:
Those hats? Still rock.