Random n@.

1. Dear weather gods, I noticed the flocks of birds gathering on the wires all along my commute this morning. I can only assume they are gathering to prepare to fly their hot asses south, and not so much because they’re planning the greatest bird caper of all time, culminating in the pecking to death of PittGirl.

I also noticed my SUV stirring up some brown and orange leaves from the road. Thank you, weather gods, for the first signs of Fall. Now just give me a reason to pull out my turtlenecks and make some hot cider.

2. If you’ve ever said to yourself, “Self, I wish I could see a younger Terry Bradshaw … with hair, wearing tight pants, and channeling the magnificent cheese that is The Hoff, while singing Hank Williams … in 1976. And I’d like it to be a click away.” Say it with me: wish granted.

3. Britney Spears = sad. train. wreck.

4. In the Sportsocracy Celebrity Blogger Fantasy Football challenge, I am currently getting my ass kicked by Should I Drink That. No matter. I have five players still to play and I am expecting the world from Carson Palmer and TJ Houshyaddayadda tonight. THE WORLD, YOU HEAR ME?!?

5. Until yesterday, I had never heard of Nyjer Morgan. Had you? Now you have! (first story, click on “Morgan’s Diving Catch”) BAM!

6. Pshh. You call yourself a Patrice King Brown fan and you haven’t yet purchased the grainy, 8 x 10 custom framed photo of her wedding day that the Trib is selling for the low low price of $135? Pshh!

1. NY Luvs Pitts
    September 10, 2007 10:36 am

3. OMG!!! That was horrible. We need to pray for her. Only God can help that child.

2. Anthony
    September 10, 2007 10:41 am

Nice to see that Dr. Paul Nemiroff broke out the cabana wear for his wedding day. He’s a nametag away from looking like a pharmacist.

September 10, 2007 11:25 am

Didn’t Patrice used to be black? Darieth Chisholm too. I mean, I’m not asking out of some prejudice (black, white, doesn’t matter to me a whit; I view the world only in terms of who can do the job and who can’t), I’m asking physiologically: Do some black people get whiter as they age? It sure looked like Ed Bradley did.

BTW, Patrice looks great in that photo. I’m a little envious of the doctor. OK, I’m a LOT envious.

4. spoon
    September 10, 2007 12:03 pm

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, I’m not gonna talk any trash until after tonight. You could still very well pull this out. Or you could just give me my $2 now :)

5. chrys
    September 10, 2007 12:59 pm

Poor Brit-Brit! I was so embarrassed watching her. The whole VMAs sucked so bad. The only good to come from it was the Tommy Lee/ Kid Rock fight..LOL!

6. DW
    September 10, 2007 4:12 pm

I think Brit was sleepwalking during the whole performance…awful, sad, pathetic and more! And I turned it as soon as she was done. MTV should have waited to keep the audience!

7. Michael Jackson
    September 10, 2007 4:20 pm

Yes bucdaddy.

September 10, 2007 6:06 pm

Michael,

I don’t mean chemically …

9. jack
    September 11, 2007 5:44 pm

I don’t know. It was always kind of hard to tell with Patrice. Doesn’t Dr. Paul sell some kind of skin care crap on QVC? Maybe he sells something in his line that makes your skin get lighter. Patrice’s brother is on QVC and I have noticed that he is lightening too. His name is Dave King – check it awt!!!

Patrice is beautiful inside and out. She certainly deserves happiness. Her first husband (coincidentally he runs Jose and Tony’s in Dormont) and he was known to chase anything in a skirt. So we all can wish Patrice much happiness now.