1. Dear weather gods, I noticed the flocks of birds gathering on the wires all along my commute this morning. I can only assume they are gathering to prepare to fly their hot asses south, and not so much because they’re planning the greatest bird caper of all time, culminating in the pecking to death of PittGirl.
I also noticed my SUV stirring up some brown and orange leaves from the road. Thank you, weather gods, for the first signs of Fall. Now just give me a reason to pull out my turtlenecks and make some hot cider.
2. If you’ve ever said to yourself, “Self, I wish I could see a younger Terry Bradshaw … with hair, wearing tight pants, and channeling the magnificent cheese that is The Hoff, while singing Hank Williams … in 1976. And I’d like it to be a click away.” Say it with me: wish granted.
3. Britney Spears = sad. train. wreck.
4. In the Sportsocracy Celebrity Blogger Fantasy Football challenge, I am currently getting my ass kicked by Should I Drink That. No matter. I have five players still to play and I am expecting the world from Carson Palmer and TJ Houshyaddayadda tonight. THE WORLD, YOU HEAR ME?!?
5. Until yesterday, I had never heard of Nyjer Morgan. Had you? Now you have! (first story, click on “Morgan’s Diving Catch”) BAM!
6. Pshh. You call yourself a Patrice King Brown fan and you haven’t yet purchased the grainy, 8 x 10 custom framed photo of her wedding day that the Trib is selling for the low low price of $135? Pshh!