… and we’re back, Burghers.
While I tempered my enthusiasm for such an awesome game with the cold hard fact that the Browns suck ass so there’s no way to tell how good the Steelers are going to be this year … Family of PittGirl was much more enthusiastic.
1. During the pregame show on CBS, which Bill Cower is now a part of, Boomer Esiason stated that it must be nice for Benny this year “to have a coach that trusts him.” Hah! Also, I’m pretty sure Bill Cowher got some new, shiny, giant, white, horsey teeth.
2. It was at about 1:41 seconds remaining in the first quarter that Sister of PittGirl declared, “We’re going all the way this year!” Really.
3. Santonio Holmes did his best to make PittGirl remove “The Asshat” sticker from his forehead with a gorgeous touchdown reception. But then he had to go and drop a pass. Sticker remains, you butter-fingered, baby mama-beating asshat. Yes, I’m being hard on him. What of it?
4. Benny did not throw an interception! When’s the last time that happened? Probably when he was grocery shopping or something.
5. I looked so hard and could not spot one single Browns fan waving a Dirty Brown Towel. That’s because the Dirty Brown Towel is to the Browns fans what Steely McFrickin’ McBeam is to the Steelers fans. Also, Steely McBeam is the giantest vacuum of suck EVER!
6. Smoking hot Burgher Daniel Sepulveda kicked ass. Hard.
7. It was at 35 seconds left in the game when Father of PittGirl declared, really, that “Elvis has just left the building.”
This was because up until 35 seconds left in the game, he was concerned that the Browns would miraculously pull 27 points out of their asses, because with the way they play, that’s pretty much the only place they’d find points.
8. Finally, I would have liked to see a little bit more from Troysus. Particularly a little bit more of his bare chest. But I’ll live.