Random n@.

1. I was accosted today by a black pigeon with red glowing eyes. Yes, red eyes. I know because I’m the kind of considerate person who will look you in the eyes before I kick you in the teeth. You’re thinking, “God, PittGirl. It was just your overactive imagination that it was a black pigeon with red eyes.” But had my cell phone had any power, I would have posted a picture on here and you have been all, “OMG. It is a black pigeon with red eyes!” and I would have been all, “Girl! I’m sayin’!”

Also, don’t you think if Satan were picking which pigeon minions to send to Earth that he would pick black pigeons with red eyes? Girl! I’m SAYIN’!

2. If you’re looking for a racist, schizophrenic, psychotic, psychopath of a murderer for a long meaningful pen pal relationship … HAVE I GOT THE DUDE FOR YOU!!!! (h/t DW)

3. I lost Week 1 in the Celebrity Fantasy Football thingy and currently sit in 8th place out of 12. That’s what I get for drafting a shitload of criminals (see paragraph 4) to my team.

4. Primanti’s gets some deserved recognition. My fave:

Several years ago, I was in the Market Square Primanti’s and a woman came in wanting her fixins on the side. A hush befell the place. The bartender calmly but firmly asked the woman to leave, instructing her to make a right and head toward Subway. She could have it “her way” there. Everyone cheered and I smiled to myself. It may not make sense to outsiders, but to a native, that woman’s request was downright disrespectful.

Sounds like an urban legend, but it is still awesome.

(h/t MJ)

5. For those of you old enough to remember, and THANK GOD I’M NOT ONE OF THEM … another WXXP reunion is scheduled for The Rex. Tell them PittGirl sent you and she has no idea who the hell they are. (h/t Zsa)

6. Reader Heather wrote to inform me that my blog is worth over $70,000 according to this site. Which is $70,000 more than I’m making on it right now.

7. Today, near Duquesne University, I saw a businessman out for a smoke who when done, bent down to put his cigarette out on the sidewalk and then carried it back inside his building. Had I not been in a vehicle, would I have approached him, threw him to the ground, and thanked him with a big kiss? Abso-freakin’-lutely.

September 11, 2007 4:22 pm

That’ll be me on the Homestead Bridge tomorrow a.m., stubbing out a ciggie and placing the butt in my pocket. Have at me, PG!

2. spoon
    September 11, 2007 4:43 pm

3) you can take pride in knowing that you lost to someone who doesn’t know jack shit about football players and picked his team by looking at the list of who was left :)

4) I’ve actually seen that happen before at that one. The guy wasn’t pleasant though and the crowd mocked the person until they left.

5) never heard of them but we do appear to have friends in common. I think JW is friends with everyone on the east coast.

3. parking chair
    September 11, 2007 5:23 pm

5. Thank God for Sirius, because WXXP was the last radio station i actually enjoyed listening to. PittGirl, I’m glad you’re too young for it – because that makes you hotter – but damn, you missed out.

That being said, seeing a bunch of DJs 20 years after they were cool? “Eeewww.”

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go dig around the basement for my Hector in Paris cassette.

4. JP
    September 11, 2007 6:21 pm

Yay, Hector in Paris cassettes! I have a few cassettes of random songs taped from the radio, you know before they called that stuff illegal downloading. And I always find them when I move and boy there’s no way I’m getting rid of those.

It was a place and a time, and I’m not going back. I agree with Parking Chair and second that ‘eeewww.’

5. Still A. Fan
    September 11, 2007 7:10 pm

#6 mine is $1,600 jesus christ. that means the burgh blog is worth about 43 times more than mine! i bow in your presence, pg.

6. Goob
    September 11, 2007 9:46 pm

I am somewhat unnerved that the pigeon had teeth.

I am also proud to say that, at the Primanti’s in the strip, I once got yelled at for two solid minutes for ordering wrong. At the Oakland location, I once had the waitress sit down next to me and start telling me about her day. In each case, they fed me anyway.

My little corner of the online world is worth…nothing.

Ha!

7. dwight
    September 11, 2007 10:32 pm

I have asked for the cole slww on the side, both times at the Primant’s in the Strip. Once they simply ignored me and gave it to me anyway. Another time, I think becuase I was drunk-ish and somewhat begging, that the guy making the sandwich took pity on me and left off the cole slaw. :)

8. chrys
    September 11, 2007 11:38 pm

WXXP!! That takes me back to 198? walking to school with my Sony Walkman.. I LOVED WXXP!!I agree also, that was the last great radio station in PGH!
    LOL!

9. M. Silenus
    September 12, 2007 10:42 am

Clicked the link and one of the first things I hear was, “Hi. This is Kate Bush.”

Sigh. Hello, Kate!