1. I was accosted today by a black pigeon with red glowing eyes. Yes, red eyes. I know because I’m the kind of considerate person who will look you in the eyes before I kick you in the teeth. You’re thinking, “God, PittGirl. It was just your overactive imagination that it was a black pigeon with red eyes.” But had my cell phone had any power, I would have posted a picture on here and you have been all, “OMG. It is a black pigeon with red eyes!” and I would have been all, “Girl! I’m sayin’!”
Also, don’t you think if Satan were picking which pigeon minions to send to Earth that he would pick black pigeons with red eyes? Girl! I’m SAYIN’!
2. If you’re looking for a racist, schizophrenic, psychotic, psychopath of a murderer for a long meaningful pen pal relationship … HAVE I GOT THE DUDE FOR YOU!!!! (h/t DW)
3. I lost Week 1 in the Celebrity Fantasy Football thingy and currently sit in 8th place out of 12. That’s what I get for drafting a shitload of criminals (see paragraph 4) to my team.
4. Primanti’s gets some deserved recognition. My fave:
Several years ago, I was in the Market Square Primanti’s and a woman came in wanting her fixins on the side. A hush befell the place. The bartender calmly but firmly asked the woman to leave, instructing her to make a right and head toward Subway. She could have it “her way” there. Everyone cheered and I smiled to myself. It may not make sense to outsiders, but to a native, that woman’s request was downright disrespectful.
Sounds like an urban legend, but it is still awesome.
5. For those of you old enough to remember, and THANK GOD I’M NOT ONE OF THEM … another WXXP reunion is scheduled for The Rex. Tell them PittGirl sent you and she has no idea who the hell they are. (h/t Zsa)
6. Reader Heather wrote to inform me that my blog is worth over $70,000 according to this site. Which is $70,000 more than I’m making on it right now.
7. Today, near Duquesne University, I saw a businessman out for a smoke who when done, bent down to put his cigarette out on the sidewalk and then carried it back inside his building. Had I not been in a vehicle, would I have approached him, threw him to the ground, and thanked him with a big kiss? Abso-freakin’-lutely.