Good morning, Burghers.

… and I’m back.

There were about three occasions yesterday when I sat behind my laptop, started an “and I’m back” post, only to have my brain be all, “Haha.  Nice try, PittGirl.”

So I spent the better part of the afternoon drugging myself and menacingly shushing the annoying cacophony of grass growing and blinking dog eyelashes .  Damn dogs, and really, grass, could you just shut up for a few minutes?!?!

Much better today, and who can NOT feel better when you wake up and realize that YOU NEED A SWEATER AND YOUR CURLY HAIR MIGHT NOT FRIZZ TODAY!!!

Seriously, those of you that no longer live here, you are missing out on a classic Autumn morning.  Clear blue sky, brisk chilly air, negative humidity, hot chai warming your insides weather.  PittGirl weather.

I didn’t even kick the pigeon that told me to kiss its ass this morning. I just flipped him off and kept on walking.

That’s a good morning.

1. chrys
    September 13, 2007 8:19 am

I couldn’t agree with you more about the weather. I have on a sweater and am enjoying a nice hot cup of tea this morning. And my daughter didn’t complain when I sent her to school in jeans. In fact, it was her idea. What a wonderful morning! I am looking forward to many more like it!! Have a great one!!!

2. Darwin Police
    September 13, 2007 8:52 am

There is nothing more perfect than the three weeks in Pittsburgh between when we stop complaining about the heat and the time that we start complaining about the cold. Pittsburgh may only have six weeks of nice weather every year, but they just about make the other 46 worth it.

3. wshicldtel
    September 13, 2007 8:54 am

FFF – Fall, Football and Fun!

4. DW
    September 13, 2007 9:35 am

PERFECT DAY…I’m skippin’ out for golf in an hour.

Days like this make me remember why I still live here, love the distinct seasons.

September 13, 2007 10:19 am

It’s the moooost wonderful tiiiime of the yeeear.

6. BBM
    September 13, 2007 10:28 am

I was all excited about the fall-like morning, too. I rushed to Starbucks for my first Pumpkin Spiced Latte of the year. Bastards raised the price to $4.07. Fall is officially ruined and I’m pissed.

7. Carie
    September 13, 2007 10:37 am

It’s reading posts like these that make me wish I still lived 4 hours to the east.

8. deebee
    September 13, 2007 10:50 am

Perfect weather for Friday night high school football.