- September 13, 2007
- filed under Annoying Burghers, Downtown happenings, Eye rolls, Local media, Steelers
1. Never ever have I ever wanted so badly to respond to a Craigslist ad just so I can meet the guy face to face and then kick him in the nuts.
2. “But Judge, it was a WET BURP!!”
3. When I first heard that there would be “affordable” living offered in the Downtown area for those Burghers that don’t have a couple of million in the bank, I was sure that “affordable” would turn out to be like $3,000 a month for rent. Not so. Actual AFFORDABLE downtown living! Awesome!
4. Jim Lokay, who in case you haven’t heard ROCKS, wrote:
Had you not been (a) ill or (b) insistent that no one know who you are, I would have invited you to last night’s “Hines Ward Show” taping. Your boy Daniel Sepulveda was a guest. A VERY nice guy.
This anonymity is such a bitch.
Good cigars for those who serve our nation
My brother and I were at the Pirates game the other night and ended up sitting behind the owner of Kangaroo Alley Cigars, based here in Pittsburgh. As we were drinking and talking throughout the night about sports, work and so on, my brother mentioned that he was an officer in the Navy set to depart for the Middle East next week and was in town to see the family before he shipped out.
As we left the game, Manny, the owner of Kangaroo Alley, pulls me aside and tells me to call him tomorrow.
As it turns out, he arranges to give me a cache of cigars to give to my brother and his boys to take with them when they ship out.
Now that’s the Pittsburgh Way.
— BRANDON PELESKY, McDonald
I think I love Manny.
6. From the “OBVIOUSLY!!!!!” file:
According to a Scarborough Sports Marketing survey of 220,354 residents in 75 United States markets conducted last year, Pittsburgh has, by far, the largest base of NFL fans who are women.
Nationally, the average was 16 percent, which means that Pittsburgh has more than twice the number of female pro football fans than the average market, based on the survey’s results.
That’s because Pittsburgh girls are frickin’ awesome.
(h/t Honda Driver)
7. Rarely does a video make me laugh loud enough to bring colleagues running, but shit, this one did it. “I’m okay. I’m okay. This spreadsheet of important work-related numbers is just HIGH-LARIOUS!”
At :36 is when I laughed so hard that my mascara ran. AWESOME!!!!!!!!