Readers honda driver, Caroline, Dave, yinzernation, DW, Marco, Still A Fan, Amber, and Michelle Freakin’ Wright! (holla!) all wrote me to point out this little story to me:
The 12-week-old macaque – who was abandoned by his mother – was close to death when it was rescued on Neilingding Island, in Goangdong Province.
After being taken to an animal hospital his health began to improve but he seemed spiritless – until he developed a friendship with a white pigeon.
The blossoming relationship helped to revive the macaque who has developed a new lease of life, say staff at the sanctuary.
1. Just wanted to say that I love it that to a whole slew of Burghers, pigeons=PittGirl.
2. PHOTOSHOPPED! Heh.
3. Um, could someone let Lukey know that I think I found an EXCELLENT candidate for that monkey butler position he’s been trying to fill.
4. Does anyone else have an awesome movie playing in their head with a pigeon flying through the air with a monkey on its back?
5. I have never seen a white pigeon in the Burgh. That’s because all the Burgh pigeons are from Satan, and he likes ’em black with red eyes.
6. I’m not going to lie to you. That picture brought out the “Awwwwwwww.” in me and looking at that pigeon all still and shit, I kind of want to find it and scritch its underbelly. This is new for me.
7. However, please keep in mind that when that pigeon is not being all lovey and cute with the monkey, it is out there bringing down bridges, dive-bombing people, pooping on stuff, making pigeon babies (pigeon-monkey babies?) who will grow up to dive-bomb people and poop on stuff, and generally being an annoying, disease-carrying, possibly monkey poop-throwing pain in the ass.
8. Monkeys scare me. That’s a fact. A friend told me of the time he and his wife got off a small boat in Columbia I think it was, but when the PG calls you, don’t quote me on that. ANYWAY, getting off the boat, they were immediately surrounded by monkeys/chimps and I was all, “DID YOU SHOOT THEM ALL?” Because there are certain animals I don’t trust to not hurt me … monkeys, cats, pigeons, and clowns.