There are people STARVING, ok?

You know Ritchie Scaife and the reason you know Ritchie Scaife is because I told you about how she’s all batshit crazy and stuff.  Remember?

Right.

Not only is she totally and completely batshit, she’s richer than Dubai.

The estranged wife of billionaire and newspaper owner Richard Mellon Scaife, the Pittsburgh banking heir turned media mogul, was awarded $725,000 a month in temporary support during their acrimonious divorce, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Sunday.

$725,000 a month.

$725,000 EVERY FRICKIN’ MONTH?!?!

Is this what Kristin Georgi has to look forward to, because if so, I’d like to change my opinion of Ms. Georgi from “money-hungry slut” to “smartest person on Earth.”

Also, if you’re into the whole PG versus Trib side of it, you must go read what Dennis Roddy wrote because I’m pretty sure he and the Block’s were all MWAH-HAHAHAH! as the papers rolled off the press.

Awesome.

Also, gross old rich billionaires of the Burgh? Prenuptial agreements are your friends.  Embrace them.

1. maybe not
    September 17, 2007 9:28 am

Beause Dick Scaife deserves to hold on to every penny that he inherited (or at least that which he doesn’t use to further his right-wing agenda)? Ha!

2. YinzerChick
    September 17, 2007 9:43 am

I love that they were fighting over the dog. This would be such a good Dr. Phil show … Scaife at Man Camp.

3. Joe M
    September 17, 2007 12:11 pm

For us math geeks:
    That’s $16.78 a minute..
    or $1006.98 an hour..every hour..

If this were an 8hr/ day job, it would be $3020 an hour.

Disgusting!…

4. Kat
    September 17, 2007 12:49 pm

I don’t know that I could even come up with enough things to spend $725K on *every* month.

5. chrys
    September 17, 2007 2:00 pm

Lifestyles of the rich and insignificant.. It really is obscene to “need” that much money a month.. I hope she donates a lot of it to charities around the area.. and not to buying a brand new wardrobe and a brand new car to match said wardrobe..yuk

6. Kelli
    September 17, 2007 4:00 pm

See, I didn’t read it that she “needs” that much money. Just that her attorneys believe that it is fair to figure her temporary support based on the same formula they would use for anyone else.

Which, I kind of like that idea. I mean, it is mostly none of my business. But it is nice to find out that a law isn’t favoring a guy just because he’s rich.

And if for some reason this formula isn’t fair, then the over-all formula should be changed for everyone. Not just for the rich guys.

7. Bob
    September 18, 2007 8:48 am

The interesting thing to me in that article is that Dicky has subsidized his scandal sheet with up to $244 million, and that it’s losing between $20 and $30 million a year. That’s a lot of scratch just to ensure that “Mallard Fillmore” has a home in a Pittsburgh paper.

8. Kelli
    September 18, 2007 10:57 am

I found that part interesting too, Bob. As were Ritchie’s attorney’s asserting that this must be a hobby, because if he really ran the rest his businesses the way he runs that one paper, he’d have been a penniless bum by now.