1. Let’s talk uniforms. Sister of PittGirl not residing in the Burgh phoned all, “WTF are they wearing?!?!” It was very odd. In fact, I think they looked kind of ridiculous. It takes a pretty yucky uniform to make Steely McFrickin’ McBeam look good.
2. Steely McBeam is the giantest vacuum of suck EVER!
3. I was pleasantly surprised with how well the Steelers dominated the Bills, mostly because I was sure the emotional toll the Bills have gone through recently would have them playing with the fire of a million burning pigeon corpses.
In my head, if Hines Ward were laid up in a hospital bed with a catastrophic injury that initially appeared to take away his ability to ever walk again, the Steelers would win every game 600-1, and that one point would be one we gave them because we felt sorry for them.
I was expecting more from the Bills.
4. The Steelers were respectful of what the Bills were going through, I thought, and on more than one occasion, they tried to show the Bills that they cared.
Some were more successful than others.
5. Who’s this Spaeth guy? He’s AWESOME, but every time I say his name I end up sounding like Sylvester the Cat. “That Spaeth is fantathtic!”
6. When the Bills’ Evans got an unsportsmanlike conduct for a big fat FU to the ref (Evans claims he said “Did you see that guy grab my arm” which when lip reading looks surprisingly exactly like “F&@* YOU!”), Father of PittGirl yelled at the ref to “Fix ‘at guy’s wagon.”
What the hell? This was followed by a lengthy discussion about what does “Fix that guy’s wagon” mean, where did it come from and is Father of PittGirl from the old west? Mother of PittGirl said it means the same thing as “clean his clock.” Clearly.
So, did we fix the Bills’ wagon or what? Seriously, did we? Because I have no idea what that means.
7. Harrison had a close call right which likely brought back some memories for the Bills players.
8. Benny threw an interception, but it’s okay. He’s not ever going to throw another one ever again.
9. Bob Smizik from the PG says that “two games proved the Steelers are that good” while Prisuta from the Trib says that “the Steelers have proven little.” When will the Republicans and Democrats ever agree on ANYTHING?
10. I’m sure you’re all dying to know, so I’ll tell you that according to Father of PittGirl, Elvis left the building with 7:13 to go in the fourth quarter. As you can see, Father of PittGirl has become slightly more optimistic in Week 2.
If I’m making it up that Father of PittGirl declares at every Steelers game exactly when he thinks Elvis is leaving the building, may a pigeon poop on me right now.
11. A pigeon did not poop on me. I speak the truth.