What they’re really thinking: BORING! edition.

Whoo-wee, pardners!

1. Let’s talk uniforms. Sister of PittGirl not residing in the Burgh phoned all, “WTF are they wearing?!?!” It was very odd. In fact, I think they looked kind of ridiculous. It takes a pretty yucky uniform to make Steely McFrickin’ McBeam look good.

2. Steely McBeam is the giantest vacuum of suck EVER!

3. I was pleasantly surprised with how well the Steelers dominated the Bills, mostly because I was sure the emotional toll the Bills have gone through recently would have them playing with the fire of a million burning pigeon corpses.

In my head, if Hines Ward were laid up in a hospital bed with a catastrophic injury that initially appeared to take away his ability to ever walk again, the Steelers would win every game 600-1, and that one point would be one we gave them because we felt sorry for them.

I was expecting more from the Bills.

4. The Steelers were respectful of what the Bills were going through, I thought, and on more than one occasion, they tried to show the Bills that they cared.

Some were more successful than others.

5. Who’s this Spaeth guy? He’s AWESOME, but every time I say his name I end up sounding like Sylvester the Cat.  “That Spaeth is fantathtic!”

6. When the Bills’ Evans got an unsportsmanlike conduct for a big fat FU to the ref (Evans claims he said “Did you see that guy grab my arm” which when lip reading looks surprisingly exactly like “F&@* YOU!”), Father of PittGirl yelled at the ref to “Fix ‘at guy’s wagon.”

What the hell? This was followed by a lengthy discussion about what does “Fix that guy’s wagon” mean, where did it come from and is Father of PittGirl from the old west? Mother of PittGirl said it means the same thing as “clean his clock.” Clearly.

So, did we fix the Bills’ wagon or what? Seriously, did we? Because I have no idea what that means.

7. Harrison had a close call right which likely brought back some memories for the Bills players.

8. Benny threw an interception, but it’s okay. He’s not ever going to throw another one ever again.

What?

9. Bob Smizik from the PG says that “two games proved the Steelers are that good” while Prisuta from the Trib says that “the Steelers have proven little.” When will the Republicans and Democrats ever agree on ANYTHING?

10. I’m sure you’re all dying to know, so I’ll tell you that according to Father of PittGirl, Elvis left the building with 7:13 to go in the fourth quarter. As you can see, Father of PittGirl has become slightly more optimistic in Week 2.

If I’m making it up that Father of PittGirl declares at every Steelers game exactly when he thinks Elvis is leaving the building, may a pigeon poop on me right now.

11. A pigeon did not poop on me. I speak the truth.

1. Greg
    September 17, 2007 12:07 pm

The Steelers looked really good Sunday despite those uniforms. Hopefully we only get to see them once every 75 years!

2. danopsu
    September 17, 2007 12:42 pm

MMEEHHH…the unis didnt really bother me….the first thing I thought of when Ben through the interception is PGs pic of Ben last week….

Smizik and Prisuta are both know it alls…so whom are we supposed to believe? Neither…they can go away now

3. Susanne
    September 17, 2007 1:17 pm

I think we need make some signs for the next game saying. “SPAETH.. the final frontier”
    or how about.. “make some SPAETH in the enzone”
    How about “we have plenty of SPAETH for #6”
    Liked the game.. still worried. Happy for the win and no injuries.

4. Susanne
    September 17, 2007 1:20 pm

and.. the uni’s made me feel like I had to much Tequila again. That was an off color yellow.. sort of like my Tequila mornings.

5. Magz
    September 17, 2007 2:52 pm

Uniforms, eh…

Even though it’s only the 2nd game in the season…I have one burning question… where the hell is Troy?

6. pittgirl
    September 17, 2007 2:54 pm

Magz, WORD!

7. steelerfan
    September 17, 2007 4:23 pm

He wasn’t saying FU to the Ref…he was simply being filmed for his upcoming commerical for Fox Television. He was yelling Fox you!

8. BBM
    September 17, 2007 5:48 pm

When I first saw the uniforms I wondered why no one had warned us of this poor decision before. Then I realized they did–when they introduced us to Steely McBeam. Only a mascot could distract us from gawking at those helmets that made all the players look like walking Pez dispensers.

9. Stacey
    September 17, 2007 8:09 pm

Did anyone actually see the mascot at the game? We tried to see him on tv and he wasn’t shown. Theory is that some fan kicked the crap out of him before the game even started. Oh and yes, the uniforms – ugh!

10. Still A. Fan
    September 17, 2007 8:30 pm

i didnt think the uni’s were that bad??????

11. Still A. Fan
    September 17, 2007 8:38 pm

“Fix ‘At Guy’s Wagon”

i did a little research. from what it appears to me, it means to threaten revenge. think in the old west of messing with someone’s wagon wheel so it would break or fall off. i’m not an old western movie fan, but it does ring a bell that wagon wheels falling off make for good action scenes!! you sleep with my wife….i say something like “well, shucks….i’ll fix that guy’s wagon”.

12. Pinto Alegre
    September 17, 2007 9:38 pm

Here are some links about “fixing his wagon”:

1. http://www.answers.com/topic/fix-someone-s-wagon

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All%27s_Fair_in_Oven_War (Simpsons rawk!)

13. Brando
    September 17, 2007 9:55 pm

#9 – Smizik’s just glad he can come into the office one day and NOT have to write something that involves publicly embarrassing the Buccos…

14. Bob
    September 18, 2007 8:43 am

Stacey — I’ve been at all four games so far, and have yet to see Steely make an appearance. Mr. Rooney doesn’t care for Steely. At all.

15. DW
    September 18, 2007 9:40 am

Stacey/Bob…I had a Steely sighting outside the field and before the game. He was posing for pics and seriously, 2 kids were crying. The woman in front of me said something to the effect that the Stillers “don’t need a f-in mascot.” She was like 60+ and I laughed, hard.

And then he was gone, never saw him during the game.

16. Sparky
    September 18, 2007 9:53 am

eh–Steeley McBigChin made an appearance in the suites this weekend–upon which he was greeted by grown men heckling and nearly getting a Miller light can beemed to the head.

17. Bob M
    September 18, 2007 2:00 pm

The unis reminded me of my earliest Steeler memories in the 1960s. Its no wonder they were perpetual losers in those days. But even then they were “our” Steelers and we loved them anyway.