1. What is so hard about maintaining the temperature on buses? This morning the bus driver would blast the air until we shivered and then flip on the heat until we were drenched in sweat. Surely there is a middle setting between “The Fires of Hell” and “Make Snots Freeze.”
2. You cannot be serious. Just, no! Reader Erik wrote:
It is your civic duty to inform the city of Pittsburgh that this crap is not acceptable.
Consider yourselves informed.
3. You guys, I have been so so so so SOOOO bad in responding to emails lately, but I promise, if you’ve written me lately, I’ll be writing to you soon.
4. HAHA! Look at the scaredy cat pigeons! (h/t to readers Kate, Spoon, Plexxer, JCIII, and anyone else I missed.)
5. The best part of this video? Obviously seeing Sonni Abatta at her candid best. And you know, she’s hot and all. Enjoy. (h/t Robert) If only Don Cannon had been there.
6. Wait. I thought that when birds ate uncooked rice their stomaches would explode. You mean to tell me that pigeons THRIVE on rice? Damn. Off to take down my “pigeon killing” rice feeder. Also:
Since June, stewards have been patrolling St Mark’s Square and other historic sites to slap a 25-euro fine on tourists found laying out a picnic, walking around bare-chested or dropping food wrappers.
Um. How does walking around bare-chested encourage the presence of pigeons? Do they like to poke nipples or something?
(h/t to Terri and Jessica)
7. I’m surprised Eat n’ Park hasn’t sued him for using the word “Smiley.” (h/t Winky)
8. Oh, Lord.
The gender gap has widened when it comes to hygiene, according to the latest stakeout by the “hand washing police.” One-third of men didn’t bother to wash after using the bathroom.
WTF? Dudes! Wash your frickin’ hands. Every. Single. Time. I’m going to vomit.
The Judge emailed:
Disgusting, but true. The fact is lots of men think that touching their, ahem, “best friend” at the urinal doesn’t require them to wash up. That’s what causes the differential between men and women. I personally have taken to using a paper towel to opening the men’s room door when I leave.
Screw paper towels. I’d get me a blow torch.