1. Did any of you watch Back to You the other night? I kind of enjoyed it but it didn’t rock my world like Scrubs, or Lost, or That’s So Raven. WHAT?
2. Yesterday, I came face-to-face with Woy’s iPhone. Burghers, it is the most beautiful, most brilliant piece of technology I have ever held (other than my robotic falcon). It must surely be based in the science of Juju because it does things that no human being should have been able to invent anything to do. I mean the zoom in/zoom out feature alone blew my mind.
Now I know why iJustine freaked out the way she did. She’s so cute, isn’t she, boys?
3. Bill Toland FINALLY gets to get his funny on in a front page, non-analysis piece and not get it edited out by the crotchety editors that be at the PG.
For sure, a fistful of U.S. dollar bills won’t go as far as it used to in the Niagara Falls gentlemen’s clubs, but let’s forget about the trade implications for a moment. From an aesthetic standpoint, this is a disaster. Their colorful bills look as if they might have been finger-painted by schoolchildren, and their dollar coin is called the loonie, because of the bird — the common loon — on the back of it.
It’s the monetary equivalent of Britney Spears: How can you expect us to take you seriously when you look the way you do?
4. Teacher. Wordsmith. Madman. schools Danny O in some basic math and brings it all to a hilarious Pennsylvania Avenue conclusion.
5. Jim Roddey’s mom got his ass in federal homeland security trouble when she told a TSA agent that he was kidnapping (momnapping?) her, of all things. Best line:
“During the years I’ve lived in the Pittsburgh area, it’s been a blessing as well as a burden being noticed when I’m out in public,” he said. “Of course, down there, nobody knows who I am. But that was one time I wouldn’t have minded being recognized.”
Because, you know, here in Pittsburgh Jim Roddey can’t walk his hot ass down the street without horny hordes of screaming women throwing themselves at his feet.
6. I just happened to click on this link from WTAE and the name Haley Hinds rang a bell. That’s because she’s a Facebook friend of mine and a future news reporter. Also, when she “friended” me, she wrote, “PittGirl, you freakin’ rock my world!” so you can clearly tell how cool she is.
She is sharing the story of her brother and his life-long fight against a brain tumor. Check it out. Tell her PittGirl sent you and that you hope her brother continues to kick all sorts of brain-tumory ass.
7. Wearing a banana yellow wedding dress in honor of the Steelers? Now THAT is love. Or kinda odd.
8. Reader Leeann informs me that the cops are targeting Parkway on-ramps for speeding (which is nuts because you need to speed up to get on the frickin’ Parkway). She and her $153 ticket want you to watch out for it.