Random n@.

1.  Did any of you watch Back to You the other night?  I kind of enjoyed it but it didn’t rock my world like Scrubs, or Lost, or That’s So Raven.  WHAT?

2.   Yesterday, I came face-to-face with Woy’s iPhone.  Burghers, it is the most beautiful, most brilliant piece of technology I have ever held (other than my robotic falcon).  It must surely be based in the science of Juju because it does things that no human being should have been able to invent anything to do.  I mean the zoom in/zoom out feature alone blew my mind.

Now I know why iJustine freaked out the way she did.  She’s so cute, isn’t she, boys?

3.   Bill Toland FINALLY gets to get his funny on in a front page, non-analysis piece and not get it edited out by the crotchety editors that be at the PG.

For sure, a fistful of U.S. dollar bills won’t go as far as it used to in the Niagara Falls gentlemen’s clubs, but let’s forget about the trade implications for a moment. From an aesthetic standpoint, this is a disaster. Their colorful bills look as if they might have been finger-painted by schoolchildren, and their dollar coin is called the loonie, because of the bird — the common loon — on the back of it.

It’s the monetary equivalent of Britney Spears: How can you expect us to take you seriously when you look the way you do?

Awesome.

4.   Teacher. Wordsmith. Madman. schools Danny O in some basic math and brings it all to a hilarious Pennsylvania Avenue conclusion.

5.   Jim Roddey’s mom got his ass in federal homeland security trouble when she told a TSA agent that he was kidnapping (momnapping?)  her, of all things.  Best line:

“During the years I’ve lived in the Pittsburgh area, it’s been a blessing as well as a burden being noticed when I’m out in public,” he said. “Of course, down there, nobody knows who I am. But that was one time I wouldn’t have minded being recognized.”

Because, you know, here in Pittsburgh Jim Roddey can’t walk his hot ass down the street without horny hordes of screaming women throwing themselves at his feet.

6.  I just happened to click on this link from WTAE and the name Haley Hinds rang a bell.  That’s because she’s a Facebook friend of mine and a future news reporter.  Also, when she “friended” me, she wrote, “PittGirl, you freakin’ rock my world!” so you can clearly tell how cool she is.

She is sharing the story of her brother and his life-long fight against a brain tumor.  Check it out.  Tell her PittGirl sent you and that you hope her brother continues to kick all sorts of brain-tumory ass.

7.  Wearing a banana yellow wedding dress in honor of the Steelers?  Now THAT is love.  Or kinda odd.

8.  Reader Leeann informs me that the cops are targeting Parkway on-ramps for speeding (which is nuts because you need to speed up to get on the frickin’ Parkway).  She and her $153 ticket want you to watch out for it.

1. plexxer
    September 21, 2007 9:54 am

My wife and I watched it and thought it was okay, nothing really ground breaking or anything. The characters are a little stale, except for the _Latin-American_ weathergirl in Pittsburgh – she was obviously a figment of someones imagination.

Maybe they can play up the Pittsburgh angle a bit more. For instance, I think bringing Demetri Martin on the show a couple times to play Mayor Luke would be awesome. :)

2. Aeran
    September 21, 2007 11:10 am

See, I look at that wedding dress and I think Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Maybe she should have stitched it together completely from terrible towels??

3. CapitolMAN
    September 21, 2007 11:11 am

Which Parkway did the lady receive a ticket on?

4. The Bag of Health and Politics
    September 21, 2007 12:58 pm

Speed limits on the on-ramps. We can always tell the Pennsylvanian drivers here in Maryland because they stop on freeway on-ramps with plenty of merging space. It’s super dangerous to not be at speed when merging onto the freeway. Lukey must need some extra cash in the city’s coffers to pay for his golf junkets!

5. Bram R
    September 21, 2007 2:06 pm

The show was fair to blyeah, but anything that involves Fred Willard deserves another few chances. Maybe they should kill off Frazier and send the sportscaster character to cover a new dogshow or beauty pageant every episode.

6. Caroline
    September 21, 2007 3:47 pm

Reader Leeann informs me that the cops are targeting Parkway on-ramps for speeding (which is nuts because you need to speed up to get on the frickin’ Parkway). She and her $153 ticket want you to watch out for it.

Are you effing serious?! Because, yes, that’s what we all need, people to go slower on the on-ramps. Apparently, coming to a dead stop is not enough!

7. cityworker
    September 21, 2007 4:01 pm

Parkway on-ramps are not maintained by the City and I am sure she was pulled over by a state trooper, not a city cop. Besides the fact that city cops don’t have radar guns, which makes it hard to catch people for speeding. That being said, before you all make your rash judgement at how stupid it is to pull someone over for speeding on a ramp, perhaps it was a ramp that is known for excessive speeds and has a tight turn(RT 28 onto veteran’s bridge) where if you do speed you could end up tipping over if you are a tractor trailor, flying off if you are a motorcycle, or just be driving unsafe if you are a motorist.

I just can’t see a state trooper pulling someone over on a ramp for no good reason unless it was for safety, or if she was doing 80.

8. Pensgirl
    September 21, 2007 4:55 pm

I don’t know of a single on-ramp in the Pittsburgh area that’s designed such that a person could possibly reach ticket-worthy speeds. They’re either too short, too steep, or too curved (and many are actually jughandles). Furthermore, I’ve never seen anyone in Pittsburgh, except my own personal parents, use the what little ramp length they do have to properly accelerate. Everybody goes to the ramp’s end and stops dead!!! So who is being pulled over? Where? And how are they reaching those speeds without defying the laws of physics?

I watched “Back to You” (despite my abject hatred of Patricia Heaton) and really only enjoyed the Pittsburgh-centric jokes (like the poor reporter who has to go stand out in front of the courthouse at night in a torrential downpour). I like Kelsey Grammar and LOVE Fred Willard, but the show as a whole really didn’t do anything for me.

9. J
    September 23, 2007 8:19 pm

6. I know that runner guy! Very nice guy. Wow, hmmm did NOT know that about him.

10. SpunkyBlonde
    September 24, 2007 4:51 pm

Jordan is a great guy. Thanks so much for sharing his sister’s story. I don’t think I would have seen it otherwise.

You continue to make my day, PittGirl.