Jackpot!

From Craigstlist Pittsburgh’s “Free Stuff” page:

Baken egg and cheese biscut:

i have a mcdonalds breakfast sandwhich for free if any one wants it just email me i am located at 500 grant st the mellon building if u email me and want it i will brign it down to u. Haddad.G@mellon.com this is my email

Thoughts:

1.   I’m sure all the hungry homeless people with Internet Access are all over this already.

2.   If this is a joke being played on a friend, I sure would like to see said friend’s face when he opens the first, “Just emailing to let you know I’ll take that sandwich.  I’ll meet you in the lobby in ten minutes” email.

3  Is this the caliber of people they’ve got working at Mellon?   Because I don’t want anyone handling anything that has anything to do with my money who is incapable of spelling the word BACON.  I’ll let “biscuit” slide, but BACON?!  Come. On!

(h/t Aly)

1. CT
    September 24, 2007 3:13 pm

I’m thinking Haddad doesn’t eat much baken.

2. Pensgirl
    September 24, 2007 3:53 pm

Maybe (hopefully) “baken” is to bacon like “cheez” is to cheese. We ARE talking McDonald’s.

3. joey
    September 24, 2007 5:15 pm

The listing was removed already…guess it was a joke….

4. PittCheMBA
    September 24, 2007 10:00 pm

Mickey D’s had a bunch of coupons in the newspaper recently. The coupons expire the end of this month. I gave in this weekend and bought 2 Sausage Egg McMuffins for the price of 1. They were delicious, but then I read the nutrition information. More than half of the calories are from fat. Sooo Healthy!

5. oh. my. gawd
    September 25, 2007 8:45 am

I work here and looked here up. Yep, that’s a real person. Appears to work in Legal. Apparently not aware that Mellon frowns on frivolous use of the corporate email system on company time. Don’t lend her any money, she may not be around long enough to pay you back.

6. oh. my. gawd
    September 25, 2007 8:47 am

Oh, and it looks like she’s a contractor or temp. Employees generally aren’t *that* stupid.