Random n@.

1.  This is the kind of morning we live for here in the Burgh, no?  As I drove in, the skyline was magnificent.  The sky was blue, the air clean.  I made it to work ten minutes quicker than I normally do.  I got a prime parking space in the lot.  There wasn’t a single person in line at Starbucks to stand in the way of me and my pumpkin spice costing way more than a latte ever should latte.  Clearly I should play the lottery today because it is my lucky day.

2.  WTF?  I got my ass kicked in week three of the Sportsocracy Fantasy Football shit.  I hate every football player ever, except Troysus.  Troysus could kick a cute little yellow chicky and I’d be all, “Wow.  That cute little yellow chicky deserves to die, obviously.  Die, cute little yellow chicky!  DIE!!”

3.  I don’t believe this for one single second.  And if Lukey did say it?  HAHA!  Lukey made a funny.  Anyone that believes that Luke Ravenstahl would say something like this and be serious about it?  Puh-leeze.

He’s a celebrity-hungry, Steelers-worshiping, move-forwarding kid … but he’s not so stupid to say this seriously.  IS HE?!?!  If he is, I fully support a new position, The Chief of Smacking the Mayor Upside the Head When he Says Stupid Shit … and I fully would like to have that job.  (h/t merman)

4.   Shhh.  The ninjas.  They’re everywhere.

Police said two women were responsible for the hold-up of a Richland Township gas station Saturday morning using a samurai sword.

I hope these women are incredibly hot, because what could be more awesome than two hot women robbing places with samurai swords?

5.   I take back what I said about the Steelers retro uniforms.  They don’t suck.  THESE suck!

6.  Complete load of crap?  Complete load of crap.

1. deebee
    September 24, 2007 10:07 am

Wow at least our sucky retro uniforms are black and some shade of pissy gold. WTF are the Eagles wearing!

2. PittinDC
    September 24, 2007 10:47 am

I don’t believe for one single second that Baltimore is a better tailgating city. First of all, they don’t tailgate for baseball at all. Second, if Raven’s taigaters are anything like Terps tailgaters, they are weak in comparison to some Pittsburgh tailgates I’ve been to. My guess is they just have more expensive stuff down here, because everything is more expensive down here, so people think its better. But I assure you, they bring no heart to the tailgating experience.

3. steelerfan
    September 24, 2007 11:00 am

There is NO WAY that Houston is a top 5…they dont even sell out their stadium. That “report” loses all credibility as soon as they list that.

4. merman
    September 24, 2007 11:17 am

Houston sells out.

Luke has a VIP-Room based economic development policy.

5. Sofa King
    September 24, 2007 11:49 am

I’ve been to a Ravens game or two, no f**king way they’re #1…not by a long shot. PittInDC is right, it has to be based mainly on what they are buying, not how hard they are partying.

6. Caroline
    September 24, 2007 11:55 am

*starts laughing* Cincinnati is in the top five?! -Cincinnati-?! I’ve been to several Steelers games there–and the Steelers fans in the parking lot were more enthusiastic than the Cincinnati fans. The Cincy fans have like, a big bus painted orange and black, and then a whole lot full of empty parking spaces. Thanks, PittGirl, you made my day with that. Riiiight.

7. Pensgirl
    September 24, 2007 12:14 pm

I live within a mile of the Ravens’ stadium and I can tell you that their fans are pretty serious tailgaters. They take up all the residential parking in my community REALLY early (the city doesn’t enforce its facially strict gametime parking laws)…in terms of length of time spent tailgating before a game, I’d put them on par with Pittsburgh tailgates.

Of course, I don’t fraternize with Ravens fans, so I have no idea what the quality of the tailgates might be.

Lukey didn’t mention crackhouses! How are we supposed to know what the real economy will be like without knowing that?

8. chrys
    September 24, 2007 12:22 pm

~pumpkin spice latte~ mmmm.. I am jealouse.. and thirsty. :)

9. Bob
    September 24, 2007 12:30 pm

Any list of top NFL tailgates that doesn’t include Kansas City at or near the top is not to be taken seriously.

As for ugly uniforms, the Pirate “Turn Ahead The Clock Night” futuristic uniforms are the worst ever worn by a professional team in any sport, surpassing even the late-70’s era Vancouver Canucks. Don’t believe me? Take a look. And yes, they did wear those in at least one game.

10. NY Luvs Pitts
    September 24, 2007 12:31 pm

6. Wow! Now that’s bad. They took it toooooo far back.

11. aj
    September 24, 2007 12:37 pm

6. And what about the Ronald McDonald pants the Redskins where sporting yesterday? Seeing them in HD was blinding.

12. Bob
    September 24, 2007 12:38 pm

Actual video of the Pirate “Turn Ahead The Clock” unis — you can see them at :58 and 2:10 in this video.

13. DW
    September 24, 2007 12:54 pm

Lions lost to the Eagles b/c they were laughing too hard at those butt-ugly uni’s. Replicas will be on sale at the Dollar store in 2 years.

14. Bram R
    September 24, 2007 2:19 pm

“Criteria for America’s Best Football Tailgating Cities Index, included … the sales of tailgating accessories like in-car live TV systems and mobile programming.”

“The survey was put together by KVH Industries, a Middletown, R.I.-based manufacturer of live mobile satellite TV systems for cars, RVs and boats; and El Segundo, Calif.-based DirecTV (NYSE:DTV)”

Complete. Load. Of crap.

No mention of food. No mention of tailgating with boats instead of cars. And no mention at all of the gender ratio at these tailgates. Complete waste of bandwidth.

September 24, 2007 5:19 pm

3. I happen to know Lukey’s new PR/press/propaganda minister. Sounds like poor ‘Lish has her work cut out for her. And if you’re reading, ‘Lish: Hello from Motown!

5. Bucmommy and I were in Gibbie’s on Sunday afternoon, drinking beer and waiting for our sandwichs to arrive, when I glanced at the TV showing the Eagles-Lions and asked Bucmommy, essentially: W in T living F? PG’s image actually tones down the ugliness a little. Damn, those were horrid live.

16. Pingback: Advanced serial port monitor 3.7.1.1021.