1. First of all, who the hell is Rossum? Finally a kickoff return is notable NOT because we dropped the ball like it was Primanti’s sandwich without fries, but because we returned it for a touchdown. All that preseason focus on special teams is paying off.
2. Benny did not throw a single interception, but did have one fumble. LOSER! God.
3. Hines Ward had one whole catch for two whole giant yards. On several plays, Hines was owned by Niner’s defenders in a way that made me flinch and wonder if Benny was throwing to him in triple traffic just to see the resulting bone-crushing tackle. Poor Hines.
4. Again, we outplayed the opponent like nuts. The only reason they scored any points is because the Steelers were so bored they did everything they could to make the game competitive. Willie Parker even tried the spin on a baseball bat till you’re dizzy thing.
5. The Steelers even started tackling each other hoping to help the 49ers out.
6. It was nice to see Troysus actually making a difference in the game, this time by sacrificing his body causing what was first ruled a fumble, then overruled to an incomplete pass in the oddest on-field ruling since Troysus’ non-interception interception.
7. Elvis put his cape on in the third quarter, according to Father of PittGirl, but didn’t leave.. Then with four minutes to go in the fourth quarter, he got his fat ass out of Heinz Field. This pleased Tomlin enough for him to break out the pointer fingers.
8. In a desperate move, the Niners tried an onside kick late in the game. A kick that was caught by punter Daniel Sepulveda. Wait. WHAT?!?
9. Finally. YIKES!
I’m pretty sure this fan wants to eat my brains.