1. Steely McBeam is a punchline. An awesome awesome punchline:
From the NFL Week 3 Quiz on ESPN Page 2:
“I just took the hole that was there.”
(a) Allen Rossum, Pittsburgh kick returner, on running back a kick that gave the Steelers a 7-3 lead over the 49ers.
(b) Steely McBeam, Steelers mascot.
Hah! (h/t Ex-Pat)
2. Halo 3 is out. I have no idea what I just wrote, but apparently it is a big giant deal.
“It is worth it. It is time to finish this fight,” Escobar said, echoing the tagline for a game featuring a futuristic soldier battling to save humanity from an alien onslaught.
Heh. HAHAH! I love it when people confuse virtual reality with reality. Like that time my sister and I were going to do some karaoke and I grabbed my star earrings and was all, “SHOWTIME, SYNERGY!!!!”
3. The Pirates got a new GM. You know, the guy that is going to grab the wheel, scream “Avast, ye haggards! Hard on the port! Thar she blows.” Or whatever. And turn the stinking, sinking ship around before it hits Davy Jones’ Locker. God. The Pirates suck so bad, I can’t stand it anymore.
4. Don Cannon is back on the air, baby!
5. Sidney got hurt a little at practice yesterday.
‘Scuse me …