Random n@.

1.  Steely McBeam is a punchline.  An awesome awesome punchline:

From the NFL Week 3 Quiz on ESPN Page 2:

“I just took the hole that was there.”

(a) Allen Rossum, Pittsburgh kick returner, on running back a kick that gave the Steelers a 7-3 lead over the 49ers.

(b) Steely McBeam, Steelers mascot.

Hah! (h/t Ex-Pat)

2.  Halo 3 is out.  I have no idea what I just wrote, but apparently it is a big giant deal.

Not only is some local dude taking a week off of work to play the game (h/t TWM), there’s this guy:

“It is worth it. It is time to finish this fight,” Escobar said, echoing the tagline for a game featuring a futuristic soldier battling to save humanity from an alien onslaught.

Heh.  HAHAH!  I love it when people confuse virtual reality with reality.  Like that time my sister and I were going to do some karaoke and I grabbed my star earrings and was all, “SHOWTIME, SYNERGY!!!!”

Jem rocks.

3.   The Pirates got a new GM.  You know, the guy that is going to grab the wheel, scream “Avast, ye haggards! Hard on the port!  Thar she blows.”  Or whatever.  And turn the stinking, sinking ship around before it hits Davy Jones’ Locker.  God.  The Pirates suck so bad, I can’t stand it anymore.

4.  Don Cannon is back on the air, baby!

5.   Sidney got hurt a little at practice yesterday.

‘Scuse me …

1. B
    September 25, 2007 11:37 am

PittGirl, OMG…I got the Jem doll for my birthday when I turned 5…I even got the game that had a tape that came along with it! And Jem’s boyfriend Rio–hotness–even with the purple hair.

Rock on!

2. chrys
    September 25, 2007 12:30 pm

Aww.. Pittgirl.. I can always count on you to send me back to my childhood. I loved the Jem cartoon.

3. north sider
    September 25, 2007 1:15 pm

This is what has been going through my head for the last two hours:

Jem
    Jem is Truly Outrageous
    Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous
    Woah, Jem

I love a trip down Memory Lane. Thanks PittGirl.

4. parking chair
    September 25, 2007 1:16 pm

true story: when I go to the P/G web site and click on the healdine for the story about the Pirates’ new GM, it instead opens a page and shows me this story:

Steubenville murder suspect called mentally retarded

Coincidence? Foreshadowing? Poetic justice?

5. Pensgirl
    September 25, 2007 1:37 pm

How many of us do you think read that about Sid yesterday, and after briefly thinking “NOOOOOOO!” moved on to, “Well, they’re not sure it’s serious. Hmmm, maybe they should have ME examine the area to make sure.”

6. Lily
    September 25, 2007 2:06 pm

North sider – me too. And it’s not even driving me nuts yet.

7. still a fan
    September 25, 2007 7:48 pm

halo. great. every 32 year old who lives in his mom’s basement is thrilled. meh.