Random n@.

1. Do you belong to the Church of St. Tomlin? I bet you don’t have to stand for four stinkin’ hours at the Church of St. Tomlin. (h/t Queen Bee)

2. I need this shirt. (h/t PGS)

3. This photographer is quite obsessed with the City of Pittsburgh and its gorgeous skyline. Simply some of the best work I’ve ever seen. My faves are here, here, here, and every single one of these. (Update: Site appears to be down for a bit. Keep trying.)

He’s also got some pictures of Bill Cowher’s house.

I’m warning you, if you don’t live here anymore, this site is going to make you super homesick.

(h/t Burgh Baby’s Mom)

4. Do you guys watch Dexter on Showtime? I don’t. This might have something to do with the fact that I don’t get Showtime. Maybe, maybe not.

If you watch it, then you’ll be interested in this email I got from Kate at Showtime:

Dexter, America’s Favorite Serial Killer returns September 30th at 9pm ET/PT on Showtime.

To celebrate, Showtime will be making a splashy scene in 14 US cities this Thursday. Meet us at PPG Place, Downtown to pick up your advance DVD with the first episode of Dexter season 2 and be sure to bring your camera to capture the scene. ­ It should be pretty colorful!

She tells me this is open to the public. I have no idea what’s actually going to happen there, but the words “splashy” and “colorful” make me think the PPG fountain will be involved and maybe some finger paints. I have no idea. Let me know.

4. Luke sent out an invite to the community to join “me” for a discussion on the new casino. “Me” as in Lukey, not “me” as in PittGirl. Anyway, “me” didn’t show up for the meeting because he was in Boston for a previously planned engagement. So I’m just letting you know that Lukey pissed some more people off.

I think Lukey needs a new desk nameplate:

1. Kelli
    September 27, 2007 10:08 am

I don’t have cable, so I don’t have Showtime. But I have read the first two Dexter books and I’m about to start the third.

Not only is he a serial killer (and a sweet, lovable one at that), he is a blood-splatter expert for the Miami-Dade police department (no better cover, I would think).

Something tells me this event will be very, very red.

September 27, 2007 10:49 am

How come Lukey’s nameplate says “Above and beyond” and not “Move forward”? Just askin’.

3. PittinDC
    September 27, 2007 11:16 am

You’re right.. those pictures DO make me homesick!

4. plexxer
    September 27, 2007 11:25 am

Get yourself a copy of the first season of Dexter, it’s really a fantastically done show. I mean, it even makes Miami look like an attractive place to live.

5. steelerfan
    September 27, 2007 11:31 am

The best thing is that Luke blames his staff for the letter…If your signature is going on something wouldn’t you want to read it first? way to throw your people under the bus there…

as someone that has moved out of town, I love the Pittsburgh skyline site…just glad I don’t have to be close to Luke…

6. Sofa King
    September 27, 2007 12:11 pm

I’ve been a fan of Matthew Robinson’s work for a while. His pictures of the city are truly incredible. His perspective, composition, and the sheer quality and definition of the shots are remarkable.

7. chrys
    September 27, 2007 12:45 pm

Those pictures are beautiful! We really live in a remarkable place. Anybody who says Pittsburgh sucks, is a butthole!

8. My Brilliant Mistakes
    September 27, 2007 5:39 pm

Here’s some more news on the Dexter event, from Defamer. http://defamer.com/hollywood/incredible-coincidences-dept/showtime-to-make-local-mall-fountain-bubble-with-promotional-blood-304552.php

If this was happening today, I assume PPG place is currently awash in stage blood. Fun for the whole family.

9. MC
    September 28, 2007 8:26 am

The pictures of Pittsburgh are really beautiful and so are his pictures of Raleigh.

10. Kelli
    September 28, 2007 8:46 am

Yes, except I saw a brief bit of news on this. The chlorine in the water in the PPG fountain some how reacted with the red dye and the water turned green.

No fancy blood shooting fountain for Pittsburgh.

But I guess they still passed out bottles of Dexter hand-sanitizer.

11. NY Luvs Pitts
    September 28, 2007 2:35 pm

MC, My dad works in Raleigh and lives near Raleigh. I love it there.

12. Tess
    October 4, 2007 2:34 pm

Those pictures are amazing! — and yes, they make me so home sick that I could cry! I would leave Raleigh behind in a heartbeat to be there! (my current location)