They both have ears, too!!!!

That actress that Benny isn’t dating, but that he’s totally dating, is interviewed in some magazine called Infamous.

Some quotes:

INF: What did you think of Pittsburgh?
MP: I like it there. I like it there a lot. It actually
reminds me of Vancouver. It’s really green,
there’s a lot of trees and very friendly there. I like
the people. I like that everything is about family
and you work hard there, and I appreciate that
for sure.

INF: What do athletes and actors have in
common?

MP: Not sure. I guess they have to do interviews.

If you can get past the sheer brilliance of her massive brain and all the big giant vocabulary she just dropped on you, she does love the Burgh and she does now claim to be a Steeler fan, and she’s sleeping with the Duke of Fug and the Earl of Gross, so that means looks are not that important to her. (rim shot)

I kind of like her now.

But I’m sure the minions hate her guts and are actively trying to make her go away.

(h/t Mel in the comments to this post which is over 600 freakin’ comments)

1. Susanne
    September 27, 2007 5:28 pm

Well, will this mean MORE or LESS distraction for Big Roe? She will be traveling and working. Will that make him heart sick and lonely or will he have more time for film study and working out? It’s all about the “W”‘s man.

2. Sylar
    September 27, 2007 6:20 pm

A happy quarterback = a winning quarterback. If she’s had any part in the big guy’s turnaround this year, I hope she sticks around for awhile. Like at least till after the Super Bowl.

3. chryss
    September 28, 2007 12:24 am

I think she’s cute.. makes me wonder.. what is she doing with him?? I agree, if she’s the reason for his “turn around” kudos to her!! Let’s hope they stay together a while..LOL!

4. Trish
    September 28, 2007 5:26 am

I know that someone posted the link on Big Ben News but it has mysteriously disappeared. Stop denying reality, minions!

Oh–and being one of the people keeping the 600+ comment thread alive, at this point it’s mostly minion flaming.

5. Sandy
    September 28, 2007 8:03 am

Trish, why do you go by there if you don’t like that site? Isn’t that a bit hypocritical?

By the way, the thread about Missy wasn’t deleted. Why do you say things that aren’t true, or is it just to try and make yourself look so cool and so above everyone else there?

Whatever.

6. Trish
    September 28, 2007 9:46 am

I never said I didn’t like it. I find it highly entertaining.

OH NOES A TOTAL STRANGER IS FLAMING ME ON THE NET U R SO MEEN!!!!ELEVENTY!!!

/hijack

7. H
    September 28, 2007 10:36 am

Sandy, you get a star today! Trish needs to say that stuff because her and SportyGal’s plan to post the interview link and cause mass havoc amongst us “minions” over there didn’t exactly work out as they had planned. No mass suicide attempt off of the Ft. Pitt Bridge, no crazy posts that go on for pages about someone’s love for Ben and how they should be the one, no plans to come up with a way to keep Missy out of Pittsburgh… just a bunch of “well, good for Ben and Missy” type stuff and everyone moving to the next subject. I even noticed that they both have a few posts on that thread that try to stir things up and no one really took the bait. Now that’s not to say that some are probably not making their way through a gallon of ice cream right now (LOL), but everyone seems to be mature enough now to not get worked up anymore.

So, sorry girls, your plan didn’t quite work out. Maybe you should stick to bashing his playing ability? You seem to get more of the crazy-freak out replies you’re looking for with those posts than you do with the ones about Missy.

But hey, what do I know? I’m just a minion…

8. Steeler Crazy
    September 28, 2007 12:04 pm

I have been reading the posts on here for some time now and have not posted. But that is about to change.

Sandy and H WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM! Obviously you are either from BR-7 or BigBenNews. Get over yourselves. At least, Trish and SportyGal post under the same name at all the websites. At least they are woman enough not hide behind a made up name.

IF YOU DON’T LIKE WHAT IS BEING SAID ON THIS BOARD STOP COMING OVER HERE. IT’S SEEMS TO ME THAT PEOPLE ARE FREE TO EXPRESS WHATEVER THEY WANT ON A BLOG – POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE.

I give a big hand to PittGirl once again. Making the minions make asses of themselves over and over and over again.

9. Trish
    September 28, 2007 12:23 pm

The Trish at BBN and BR-7 isn’t me. I have posted at BBN but my screen name there isn’t Trish and I’ve never posted on BR-7. I do know the BBN/BR-7 Trish and she’s a much nicer person than I am so don’t tar her with the brush you intend for me if you’re intending to go to those sites and give her crap thinking it’s me.

10. H
    September 28, 2007 12:35 pm

Hmmm, made up name, eh? So does it actually read Steeler Crazy on your birth certificate or did you have it legally changed after you turned 18? I know that’s not what you meant, but that’s how it came off.

Yep, I am from over there and I don’t have any problem. You are correct, they are allowed to say whatever they want and so am I. I was just agreeing with Sandy that, in her post here anyway, Trish came off as trying to be the cool kid who picked on the others and was now bragging a bit about how they couldn’t take it. I was just pointing out that the message thread is still over there, not deleted like she said, and that she and Sporty have posted to it. You could tell by some of their posts on this site and that one that they did this to simply try to cause a little trouble and I was just saying that the plan backfired. Again, no mass suicides or plans to keep Missy away… and with your reaction to our posts, I’m starting to think that maybe PittGirl’s minions are a bit upset about the lack of entertainment and are, again, just trying to start something that really doesn’t seem to be there anymore.

11. H
    September 28, 2007 12:41 pm

Trish – I’m sorry, I thought it was you since you egged someone on yesterday on here about posting the link and then saw a Trish posting on the thread over there.

12. Georgia Girl
    September 28, 2007 1:14 pm

Yikes….attack from the minions!! I am surprised that they have not turned on me yet on here. I post to BBN but not to BR-7.

JMO: but if their are problems with what people are posting on these blogs, it should be up to the moderators – (Erin and PittGirl) to step in and take care of it. As stated above, everyone has the right to say what they want in a blog. Most of the time on here, people are just fooling around and don’t mean any harm to either Ben or Missy. And I do agree with Steeler Crazy – I post under the same name all the time. It just bugs me alot when people that post on the burgh blog regularly are attacked by people who only come on here once and awhile because someone made a negative comment about Benny or Missy.

Lighten Up!!

13. AskaLesbian
    September 28, 2007 6:52 pm

Dating a woman? I thought he was gay!

14. SportyGal85
    September 28, 2007 6:58 pm

Umm, excuse me H. I posted this interview on BBN only (I’m not a member on BR-7) b/c it is an interview about him that I knew members would be interested in, NOT to freak people out. There’s no need to, as your post shows, there are some Ben fans who have their minds made up to freak out regardless. Nonetheless, I know that there are other Ben fans who are interested in him as both a player and a person and who are mature enough to handle the fact that he is in a relationship right. Thus, those fans are able not only to read about it, but call his girlfriend by her name…MISSY PEREGRYM, not she-who-shall-not-be-named, you-know-who or whatever the hell the minions on BR-7 call her and not post visibly destraught smiley faces at the mention of their relationship.

As for Trish and I or anyone else “Ben-Bashing”, if you read those posts, you’ll notice that most of them are just joking, and that we are all Steeler fans. I personally try to remain solidly grounded in reality when talking about Ben and Missy, thus, I’ll give Benny credit where it’s due, as well as inject a dose of skepticism if I feel it’s warranted.

As for Trish egging Mel on to post it, humor, honey, just a joke. If people like you would make their minds up to either stay on the Burgh Blog for good or go away instead of popping up and freaking out every so often, you’d know that we were kidding. Lastly, if you thought the purpose of someone posting that article was to freak the minions out, why would you come on here and do just that?

15. SportyGal85
    September 28, 2007 7:34 pm

Oh, and H, since you seem to know who everyone is on BBN, who are you over there? As for “stirring the pot” with my comments, I’ll be glad to explain each them one-by-one, b/c I stand by my s**t.

I don’t have to copy and paste them for you do I? Well, in case you’ve forgotten:
    1)I said: “I meant “a lot” compared to what we’ve heard in the past and also considering the length of the interview, Ben got a nice chunk of it.
    Erin, why’d you leave out the part about them traveling back and forth to see each other and how he even gets recognized when he visits her in Vancouver?”

Explanation: Erin was being nice and posting the parts about Ben, but I noticed she didn’t post the whole thing, which is not like her at all, so I asked why she only posted part of the interview. I mentioned examples, so she’d realize that she didn’t get all of it. She actually did miss the rest of the article b/c of the layout of the mag and was thankful that I mentioned these examples b/c she thought she had eveything.

2)I said: “I found the publicity comment funny too, since the only reason a lot of people know her right now is b/c of the pub she’s gotten from dating Ben. She might not be crazy about it, but I’m sure her reps are thankful. Though it might not be translating into her career as much as previously thought, “Reaper” only drew 3.22mil viewers and “Veronica Mars” fans were ticked, b/c that’s actually slightly less than that show drew in its two season premieres.”
    “As for her gaining weight…I think she looks fine, but that might be b/c I’m a 3/5 in the juniors’ section, depending on the cut of the jeans. I don’t know how she got hers, but I run 25-30 miles a week and lift weights 20-30mins/day 5 days a week.”

Explantion: I’m not the only person to mention that they only know her as Ben’s girlfriend and I stand by that comment. As for the ratings comparison…uh, if you know anything about “Reaper”, you know that VM fans were upset that it’s replacing their show. Critics and fans alike expected Reaper to do well and there was surprise that it only did so-so. There was even talk that it would be popular in Pittsburgh or with Steeler fans on other blogs. However, not that many people watched, so it doesn’t look like people care THAT much about her and Ben (well, except people like you). The last part was me actually DEFENDING Missy when someone else suggested she was too skinny. As a smaller girl, I was saying “Hey, I’m little too, but I work hard.” I couldn’t speak for Missy’s habits but, I think she does the same and little girls have to stick uo for each other sometimes.

3) I said: “When you think about it, how many different ways can you answer the same question? If asked your opinions on something, unless your feelings and/or perspective change, you’re going to give the same answer.”

Once again, I’m DEFENDING her against people saying that she’s just repeating scripted answers. Of course she answered some of these questins the same way, they’re the same questions, what else should she do?

Seeing as you made me waste all this space on PittGirl’s site…Anything else you want to know?

16. Melissa
    September 28, 2007 9:01 pm

I love coming to this site because Pitt Girl’s dry sense of humor is much like myself, but everybody who is going back and forth on this needs to look at these posts objectively. You are putting so much effort into people that don’t care about you. I LOVE football, but I could care less what these players do off the field. My opinion is that Ben loves this attention and you are all feelding into it. He is a schmuck who appears to always want to follow others. From what I’ve seen from him these last few years, he doesn’t have a mind of his own. He is so predictable. I honestly try avoiding any posts that even have his name on it, but when I saw this one I had to speak my mind.

I think, as a city, we should really try not caring what any of these players do. Not sure about anyone else, but I just about pucked a few months ago when 2 out of the 4 lead stories on Ch. 4 was about the Steelers. One was Big Head Ben going to a Justin Timberlake concert and the other was about Townesend’s friend being arrested. Good grief!!!!

17. H
    September 28, 2007 10:26 pm

Wow, you’re right
    SportyGal, that was a complete waste of space. I do go on BBN and I know what you said on there. I also come on here daily, I just never post and now I’m remembering why. If your opinions or views on a subject do not match those of either PittGirl or the “regulars” on here, then you’re really not welcome to post them. I’ve also noticed that you guys play the “it’s just sarcasm/humor” card whenever anyone calls you out on your opinion or viewpoint of something.

Anyway, I guess you told me and put me in my place. Go ahead, puff out your chest and feel superior having rid PittGirl’s site of another minion. I’ll just crawl sheepishly back to my hole over at BR-7 and cry about how mean you were to me.

18. SportyGal85
    September 29, 2007 12:15 am

So, why start posting here now? Damn…why not just stay silent or on BR-7? Furthermore, I notice you still haven’t said who you are on either of those sites, since I’m pretty sure there’s no one named “H” posting on BBN at least. Is “H” on BR-7? At least I’m willing to use the same name everywhere I post, that way if you want to know what I said or why I said it you know who to call out. I didn’t come to another site and come up with another alias so that I can whine about what’s being said somwhere else without anyone knowing who I am.

P.S. There’s a little thing called a pm feature on BBN, and since you were smart enough to figure out that SportyGal in both places is one in the same, why not crawl back out of your hole, go on BBN, use your regular screen name from there (so I’ll know who I’m really talking to the way you think you know me) and send me a pm. I would have gladly answered you earlier and will gladly respond to you in the future, since you’re so concerned about what people are posting about Benny the Beautiful.

19. Trish
    September 29, 2007 12:28 am

Ever heard the saying “I mock because I love”? That’s me and Ben. And on BBN Erin had the Missy post moved from its original section which is why I thought it disappeared. I may be cool, but I’m not perfect.

20. AshleyAnn
    September 29, 2007 1:57 am

Ladies, this is ridiculous and it needs to stop. Ben Roethlisberger and his C-list (and I’m being generous)girlfriend are not worth your time or your energy. Do you all realize you have now devoted not 1, but 2 posts to this man? Do you realize that you are now concerning yourselves with learning everything you can about a woman that you had never even heard of until a few months ago? H, I have to admit it is a little tacky IMO to try to bring someone’s posts from another members-only forum into another blog like that. What makes it even worse is that you’re tracking someone else’s comments from one site to the next, but from what I’m reading, you’re doing so under a second alias which prevents others from tracking your comments the same way…
    Girls, do yourselves a favor, get some sleep, wake up tomorrow and go reclaim your lives.

21. SouthernCharm
    September 29, 2007 2:36 am

…And the big deal here is what again? Fuggy has a girlfriend, good for him, proves that love realy is blind I guess. I see the usual suspects are here, along with some BR-7 girls arguing with everybody, as usual. I seem to remember this same scene playing out 7 months ago when PittGirl originally reported this. H, where exactly did the “pot stirring” occur? SportyGal posted this interview…okay, nothing yet. They go back and forth to see each other, folks in Canada know Fuggy…alright, still looking. Missy gets a lot of publicity from dating Fuggy…is that the first time you’ve heard that? 3.22 mil watched “Reaper,” her numbers are correct, and Missy is an actress with a new show, so now you know how it did. “Reaper” didn’t do as well as “Veronica Mars,” right again, hell, I read that at eonline. Still looking for the spoon stirring that pot. It was believed Steeler fans/’Burghers might watch “Reaper,”…okay, that’s a real s–t starting comment because…? Missy’s not that skinny and answers questions the same way because she is constantly asked the same questions…still don’t see what the big deal is.
    Seems to me like you’re still sensitive about this s–t after 7 MONTHS, which means you need to get out more.

Anyway, did any of you (other than the BR-7 girls who I’m sure did so with bated breath)actually watch “Reaper”? Someone needs to give Missy the gift of learning and get her a gift certificate for some acting lessons, seriously.

22. Trish
    September 29, 2007 11:16 am

Surprisingly she got decent reviews from a number of critics, but I think the numbers (such as they were) were boosted more by Kevin Smith fanboys than “ooh, let’s watch Ben’s girlfriend’s show!” Burghers.

23. Andi
    October 2, 2007 3:09 pm

Pittgirl,
    Love your post on this issue! I laughed so hard when I saw your comments. Biggest, most successful jock always gets the pretty, (sometimes empty-headed) homecoming queen type. I teach in a high school. Its a universal. I’ve seen it happen year after year. No disrespect to either of the individuals involved…I am a steelers fan but don’t care at all about who anyone dates or marries.

24. Pingback: Soma petroleum.