Another husband.

Today, I parked at the Civic Arena (yes, that’s what it’s called.)

I noticed about a dozen people standing around one of the lot exits holding papers and jerseys and such.

Then just as I was about to step into the exit lane a black Porsche being driven by a Penguin whose face I couldn’t see, pulled to a stop next to me. The crowd descended on the car as the Penguin rolled down his window to oblige with autographs.

*It was at this point that I flung myself onto the hood of the car and screamed, “I LOVE YOU! WE ARE NOW MARRIED IN A SELF-UNITING CEREMONY!”*

Here’s hoping it was him, and not so much him or him.

Also? How do these people know when the players are at the arena and when they will be leaving the arena and by which exit they will be leaving?

From * to *, PittGirl is lying

1. Pensgirl
    September 28, 2007 2:30 pm

Sorry, Sid drives a Range Rover (P.S. – that tidbit comes from a PG article, not from stalking).

I haven’t been to a practice in years, but the players all basically entered and left the arena the same way. So, you go down for the morning and basically hang around and wait. I went during the Cup years, when I was but a teen, and got many autographs that way (and not just the journeymen but the stars). It’s true that NHLers are much nicer than other professional sports leagues’ players.

Morning skate on gamedays is a popular fan-gathering time.

2. DW
    September 28, 2007 2:54 pm

I’ve actually seen him in the ‘Rover…but w/ his money he might have a new toy as well.

3. DW
    September 28, 2007 2:57 pm

Could have been your man Maxime “Caveman” Talbot…

4. Ant Annie
    September 28, 2007 3:22 pm

Most players (read: everyone but Sid) park in the South lot – where all the groupies were hanging out and where I happen to park for all the games. Sid exits through the North lot, I believe. Last year he drove a silver Range Rover. This year when he was delivering season tickets (no, not to my house) he was driving a silver Jaguar sedan. I don’t know who drives a black Porsche, but I can try to find out….

5. Fred
    September 29, 2007 1:21 pm

Fleury has a black Porsche.

6. Judge Rufus Peckham
    October 1, 2007 9:36 am

The important thing is that you called that particular sports venue by its correct name: the Civic Arena. (And Penguins, you can call it “The Ham Sandwich Arena” for all I care — it will always REALLY be the Civic Arena.)