Well …. damn.
1. Who knew asshattery was contagious because The Asshat’s asshattery has been passed on to Benny.
Let me start by saying that while I give Benny a hard time, I think as a football player up until this game, he has done a fine job and has made a marked improvement over last season. I like to tease the minions to no end, but as I’ve stated on many an occassion, sometimes I love Benny … sometimes I hate his fug, gross guts.
Today, I hate his fug, gross guts, and it only has a little bit to do with that late interception.
It has to do with him not bothering to greet The Whiz neither before the game nor after. Ken Whisenhunt was greeted and hugged by dozens of Steelers who took the time to wish him the best. Benny didn’t have the class to bother with it, claiming he just “didn’t have the chance” to greet him.
Liar. Liar. Big fat fug, gross liar.
“I’d never say anything bad about Ben,” Whisenhunt said. “He’s a good quarterback and a good kid.”
Whisenhunt would have told that to Roethlisberger’s face yesterday. Too bad Big Ben didn’t have the decency to give him the chance.
Grow up. And stop throwing fourth quarter, last-second interceptions lest I start to believe my brother-in-law in Virginia who called at the close of yesterday’s game to ask us how much we thought Benny was paid to throw the game.
2. The Whiz had Benny’s number.
3. Santonio Holmes, the original Asshat, is kind of sort of in a teensy bitty wittle way … rocking my world. Granted he’s not super consistent, but HELLO gorgeous first quarter touchdown pass on third and super long?!?!
4. Benny is SUPERB at evading the sack. Just wow. Props for that. If only he wouldn’t be so hesitant to run.
5. LOVING the Sunglasses of Smoking Hotness.
6. When they flashed the stat on the screen that the Cardinals had not returned a punt for a touchdown in FOURTEEN YEARS, I immediately said, “Well, they’re due.” And due they were. Stupid special teams of suck.
7. Leinart, Warner, Warner, Leinart, Leinart, Warner, Leinhart. What the hell, Whiz? The two-headed, three-legged quarterback monster might be his best invention ever.
8. Troy is hurt.
And Steeler fans respond appropriately:
9. I didn’t think I would, but I missed Hines Ward.
10. PittGirl’s father declared Elvis out of the building with 4 minutes to go in the fourth quarter while PittGirl’s mother declared Ben “stupid” so many times my five-year-old nephew was all, “Grammy. Stupid is a bad word.”
So Mother of PittGirl turns to us and goes, “Fine. He’s a JACKASS.”
No, mom, he’s an asshat. A big-hearted, small-minded, interception-throwing, sack-evading, lovable, hate-able asshat. And he did it all by himself.