Random n@.

1.  The B is back, bitches!  I’m sure lots of you had your ear near a radio last Friday at 5:00 p.m. to hear it confirmed.  I’m a country girl, you know this, but this morning, I listened to B94 the whole way in.   Cause I can.

2.   Sometime over the weekend, The Burgh Blog received its 750,000th documented hit.

[thud]

3.  Jim Tracy was fired on Friday.  But we knew this was coming.  What we didn’t know was that a writer in Baltimore understands the construction culture of the Pittsburgh area:

Orange cones are being placed around the Pittsburgh Pirates, who fired manager Jim Tracy and senior director of player development Brian Graham, among others.

Can we bring Jim Leyland back?  I mean, the dude STILL LIVES HERE!

With these latest developments, I asked the Magic 8 Ball on my facebook profile if the Pirates would play .500 ball next season.

Concentrate harder?  This is as hard as I concentrate on Mondays before noon.

4.  Your chance to email questions for DeSantis, Ravenstahl, and those other dudes for an October 9 candidate forum.

Now’s your chance to see if the moderator will say, “Mayor Ravenstahl, if that is your real name, a question from Joe who says that PittGirl sent him.  Why are you such a giant idiot hell bent on making the same mistakes over and over again?  And as a follow-up, when do you plan to kill all the pigeons?”

5.   Joe Hardy’s ex-wife Debra had some jewelry stolen and KDKA interviewed her.  Why the hell is her face concealed during her interview in the video?  They show pictures of her in the story.  We know what she looks like.  She’s Debra Freaking Hardy.  I bet she has a zit … or fresh plastic surgery scabs.

6.   Naughty, naughty doggie giving it to the Cleveland Browns whether they want it or not.  (h/t Liz)

7.   I think I might dispatch “The Pittsburgh Ninja” to take on the cigarette-butt throwers.

8.   CFNM?  Whatever happened to the sweet innocent days of the SWF or the SBM?  Also?  Yikes.    Yeah, he’s 35 like I’m 19.  I’m not 19.  I’m 33.  Thanks for reminding me, asshole.

9.   It’s going to be 90 today.  You know what?  If we skip fall and go straight to winter I’m going to be the bitchiest bitch that ever did bitch.  So watch out.

October 8, 2007 10:06 am

9. “And summer gave fall and winter a pass and went straight to spring.” I think Monty Python said something like that. And why not? If this be global warming, I’m all for it. Beach front property coming to my front door. Yay!

2. Kat
    October 8, 2007 10:27 am

8. CFNM is what they would refer to on Seinfeld as “bad naked.”

3. pittgirl
    October 8, 2007 10:42 am

HAH!

4. The Bag of Health and Politics
    October 8, 2007 10:55 am

Jim Leyland no, but Barry Bonds, maybe. I think he might end up in Pittsburgh next year. Just a hunch.

5. Robert
    October 8, 2007 11:03 am

There’s already like 4 stations in Pittsburgh that play B94’s format. Bring back the Man Station!

6. Gunn Lino
    October 8, 2007 11:08 am

Re #8 ( Yikes ),
    I know this guy, well let me restate that, I’ve seen him and spoken to him, “strange” is just not a strong enough word.

7. lynne
    October 8, 2007 1:10 pm

5. Why is this even on the news? And secondly, if I had 5 millions dollars in just JEWELRY, no way is there a second or third husband, just FUN!

8. Goob
    October 8, 2007 1:12 pm

I listened to the rebroadcast of the most recent Mayoral debate on DUQ yesterday.

The man who is Mayor came across as a wee bit whingey, and seemed to espouse leadership for the sake of leadership. Which is not a bad thing, except that given the kind of place this is, local input is dreadfully important, and there was a distinct vibe of “we’ll tell you what’s good for you”.

The man who would be mayor came across as directed, thoughtful, and completely happy to step away and let the neighborhoods choose their own destinies. Which is not a bad thing, except that given the kind of place this is, unless there are hands guiding the totality of the effort we’re going to end up with spots where people will be living knee deep in sludge.

And then the radio station had some technical difficulties, the recording started skipping (the hell?), and it all got very surreal. Or much like a poetry slam gone poorly. Or bad rap music.

Sigh.

9. ItsMe
    October 8, 2007 2:28 pm

I wish they didn’t even show her at all. The whole Hardy bunch make me sick. Wonder what she had to do to earn that much in jewelry? Don’t you wonder if the new soon-to-be ex Mrs. Joe has that much in bling?
    What a tart! And what a big old fat blowhard he is. Guess his next Mrs. is just having her 18th birthday.

10. GeeO
    October 8, 2007 2:34 pm

Mrs. hardy #2 and Mrs. Hardy #3 – even with $5 million in jewelry, they’re still po’ trailer trash gals. Money really soesn’t buy class.

11. ItsMe
    October 8, 2007 3:23 pm

DITTO GeeO – I could not have said it any better. Even with all of his millions, Joe is trailer trash in my books.

12. Charlie
    October 8, 2007 3:28 pm

Can you say “Bimbo”? I thought you could.

This woman screams “Bimbo” when you look at her. And her sugar daddy Joe Hardy is as big a fool. What else do they say “A fool and his millions are soon parted” ….

13. chrys
    October 8, 2007 5:52 pm

CFNM?? I wonder what exactly “within the confines of law” this wing nut means..

14. Melissa
    October 8, 2007 10:56 pm

I was so wondering why #5 was on the news myself. Crazy!!!!

I have no idea what #8 means, and I don’t think I want to.

I sometimes get so worried about our society.

15. Bram R
    October 8, 2007 11:27 pm

#4 HAAAAHAHAHAHA. Honestly, old girl, I know you can’t do much, but that’s hot. Hahaha.