- October 8, 2007
- filed under Local media, Mayor Ravenstahl, Pirates, Steelers, Weather, Weird Burghers
1. The B is back, bitches! I’m sure lots of you had your ear near a radio last Friday at 5:00 p.m. to hear it confirmed. I’m a country girl, you know this, but this morning, I listened to B94 the whole way in. Cause I can.
2. Sometime over the weekend, The Burgh Blog received its 750,000th documented hit.
3. Jim Tracy was fired on Friday. But we knew this was coming. What we didn’t know was that a writer in Baltimore understands the construction culture of the Pittsburgh area:
Orange cones are being placed around the Pittsburgh Pirates, who fired manager Jim Tracy and senior director of player development Brian Graham, among others.
Can we bring Jim Leyland back? I mean, the dude STILL LIVES HERE!
With these latest developments, I asked the Magic 8 Ball on my facebook profile if the Pirates would play .500 ball next season.
Concentrate harder? This is as hard as I concentrate on Mondays before noon.
4. Your chance to email questions for DeSantis, Ravenstahl, and those other dudes for an October 9 candidate forum.
Now’s your chance to see if the moderator will say, “Mayor Ravenstahl, if that is your real name, a question from Joe who says that PittGirl sent him. Why are you such a giant idiot hell bent on making the same mistakes over and over again? And as a follow-up, when do you plan to kill all the pigeons?”
5. Joe Hardy’s ex-wife Debra had some jewelry stolen and KDKA interviewed her. Why the hell is her face concealed during her interview in the video? They show pictures of her in the story. We know what she looks like. She’s Debra Freaking Hardy. I bet she has a zit … or fresh plastic surgery scabs.
6. Naughty, naughty doggie giving it to the Cleveland Browns whether they want it or not. (h/t Liz)
7. I think I might dispatch “The Pittsburgh Ninja” to take on the cigarette-butt throwers.
9. It’s going to be 90 today. You know what? If we skip fall and go straight to winter I’m going to be the bitchiest bitch that ever did bitch. So watch out.