- October 11, 2007
- filed under Downtown happenings, Local media, Matt Lamanna, Mayor Ravenstahl, Sonni Abatta, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons, Weather
1. Now THIS is more like it. Cool air. Brisk breeze. Cloudy skies. Perfect.
Although come April, I’ll be calling this exact same weather, fricking colder than a witch’s tit, wind strong enough to make my curly hair look like I just rode helmet-less on the back of Benny’s motorcycle, and bastard sunless sky. I’m so fickle. Deal.
2. Do you guys think that WPXI intentionally regularly sprinkles their newscasts with a smattering of bloopers, technical difficulties, gaffes, anchors falling asleep, and “computer crashes” just to get people to tune in? Because it is totally working!
I cannot stop watching this train wreck of a news station. Yesterday, they had to broadcast their noon news FROM A CHAIN LINK FENCE with no teleprompter. It was like that lady on Telemundo or Galavision or some other MexiGalaTele station that just sits there and reads you the newspaper.
This is genius. I cannot wait to see what shit goes down next. Probably a light fixture on Newlin Archinal’s head. Ratings gold. (h/t Woy and BucDaddy)
3. PittGirl’s next car. Screw giant SUVs incapable of detecting the presence of evil. (h/t Jordan)
4. From a press release:
Carnegie Museum of Natural History kicks off the public campaign of Adopt–A–Bone on Tuesday, October 16 with a press conference from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m.
Adopt–A–Bone is an innovative campaign that allows members of the public to “adopt” their very own dinosaur bones … The goal of the Adopt–A–Bone campaign is to raise $200,000 for the exhibit.
Who: Dr. Matt Lamanna, CMNH dinosaur paleontologist … and special VIPs to be announced.
Write your own “I’d like to adopt Dr. Lamanna’s bone” joke.
Also, why don’t you adopt a bone for, say, your nephew who is turning six this week, just so you can have the wonderful experience of seeing him light up as he opens the envelope … right before he throws it back in your face because: Lamest gift ever.
I am an older married male from Pittsburgh and I just love very thin women. I am looking for an older woman who is just in need of casual times and casual play also. I am very clean and discreet. You should be also. As long as you are between the ages of 40 and 65 I am interested. You can be married also. We will make it our little secret.
This loser IS aware that anyone can click on this link and see a picture of his married, thin woman-hunting self, right? Like maybe his wife? Real discreet, you moron. And just in case he takes it down, I saved his picture. So I can remember his face. You know, for a nut kicking.
7. WPXI has a great video of the Steelers fashion show. You should watch it so that you can see Jeff Reed in all of his ridiculous glory. I can’t help it. The boy is joy. You’ll also see Daniel Sepulveda do a little dance that isn’t too unlike something the Chippendales would do. If they were bad dancers. It’s okay. I still love him. Back off, Dwight. He’s still mine.