Random n@.

1. Now THIS is more like it. Cool air. Brisk breeze. Cloudy skies. Perfect.

Although come April, I’ll be calling this exact same weather, fricking colder than a witch’s tit, wind strong enough to make my curly hair look like I just rode helmet-less on the back of Benny’s motorcycle, and bastard sunless sky. I’m so fickle. Deal.

2. Do you guys think that WPXI intentionally regularly sprinkles their newscasts with a smattering of bloopers, technical difficulties, gaffes, anchors falling asleep, and “computer crashes” just to get people to tune in? Because it is totally working!

I cannot stop watching this train wreck of a news station. Yesterday, they had to broadcast their noon news FROM A CHAIN LINK FENCE with no teleprompter. It was like that lady on Telemundo or Galavision or some other MexiGalaTele station that just sits there and reads you the newspaper.

This is genius. I cannot wait to see what shit goes down next. Probably a light fixture on Newlin Archinal’s head. Ratings gold. (h/t Woy and BucDaddy)

3. PittGirl’s next car. Screw giant SUVs incapable of detecting the presence of evil. (h/t Jordan)

4. From a press release:

Carnegie Museum of Natural History kicks off the public campaign of Adopt–A–Bone on Tuesday, October 16 with a press conference from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m.

Adopt–A–Bone is an innovative campaign that allows members of the public to “adopt” their very own dinosaur bones … The goal of the Adopt–A–Bone campaign is to raise $200,000 for the exhibit.

Who: Dr. Matt Lamanna, CMNH dinosaur paleontologist … and special VIPs to be announced.

Write your own “I’d like to adopt Dr. Lamanna’s bone” joke.

Also, why don’t you adopt a bone for, say, your nephew who is turning six this week, just so you can have the wonderful experience of seeing him light up as he opens the envelope … right before he throws it back in your face because: Lamest gift ever.

(h/t M)

5. Just the Mayor, hanging out, at PURO, with Sonni. (click on Celebrities (cough), then Lukey’s name). (h/t Matt H … OF ALL PEOPLE!)

6. Um.

I am an older married male from Pittsburgh and I just love very thin women. I am looking for an older woman who is just in need of casual times and casual play also. I am very clean and discreet. You should be also. As long as you are between the ages of 40 and 65 I am interested. You can be married also. We will make it our little secret.

This loser IS aware that anyone can click on this link and see a picture of his married, thin woman-hunting self, right? Like maybe his wife? Real discreet, you moron. And just in case he takes it down, I saved his picture. So I can remember his face. You know, for a nut kicking.

7. WPXI has a great video of the Steelers fashion show. You should watch it so that you can see Jeff Reed in all of his ridiculous glory. I can’t help it. The boy is joy. You’ll also see Daniel Sepulveda do a little dance that isn’t too unlike something the Chippendales would do. If they were bad dancers. It’s okay. I still love him. Back off, Dwight. He’s still mine.

1. Woy
    October 11, 2007 11:13 am

Puro’s photo gallery webpage is probably the most awesome I’ve ever seen. No frills, baby!

2. Sofa King
    October 11, 2007 11:39 am

I’ve heard Pegasus Lounge has an “Adopt-A-Bone” program, as well, though it’s focus is not on erecting dinosaur skeletons.

3. wshicldtel
    October 11, 2007 11:48 am

The car is GREAT!!!!!!

4. Heidi
    October 11, 2007 12:14 pm

#6 – What an idiot! I hope his wife (who must be chubby and uninterested in sex) finds out. He claims that he’s good at certain things, but with that goatee I don’t see too many takers in his future. Not to be gross or anything.

5. pittgirl
    October 11, 2007 12:16 pm

Thanks, Heidi, for giving me a raging case of the heebie jeebies. Nice.

6. spoon
    October 11, 2007 12:26 pm

Mr heebie jeebies in #6, is his computer tower duct taped?

wow dude… wow.

7. DW
    October 11, 2007 1:00 pm

yeah, looks like duct tape on the pc from his trailer bedroom.

8. Gretchen
    October 11, 2007 1:55 pm

6. Loving the white socks and black shoes look. I hear that’s making a comeback.

9. Zsa
    October 11, 2007 2:17 pm

#2: It’s the ghost of R. Budd Dwyer.

#6: The phrase “oral and finger play” is pretty gross in any context, but especially here. I don’t know (and don’t want to know) where the stuffed animal on top of his computer is going to come in.

October 11, 2007 3:44 pm

2. Don’t know about that, but I know they DO intentionally sprinkle (baste is more like it) their commercial breaks with way more time-wasting blurbs for their own newscast than the other two, while at the same time telling me they know how very valuable my time is. WPXIrony.

October 11, 2007 3:46 pm

Just thought of something. What this tells me is, the other two SELL more of their time than WPXI. I’m pretty sure we’d see a lot less of Newlin Archinal and David Johnson if they could, you know, make some money out of those 30-sec slots.

12. Still A. Fan
    October 11, 2007 5:23 pm

#6…..is that a hand puppet on top of his pc? please tell me he doesnt have a webcam!!!

13. Bram R
    October 11, 2007 8:21 pm

Sonni photograph = trap = the old rope a’ dope. Do not use, do not discuss.

14. spoon
    October 12, 2007 11:13 am

Looks like our duct tape computer, hand puppet jivin married pimp lookin for a skinny bitch has left the building.
    ——–
    This posting has been deleted by its author.
    (The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)
    ——–

Never fear, for those of you who missed it (and sent me messages if I had a copy of it) you can see a pdf of the post at http://www.shouldidrinkthat.com/misc/pghpimp.pdf

15. Dawn
    October 12, 2007 3:44 pm

You want to talk about a drinking game? Try watching the WPXI news when Peggy “I-can’t-read-the-teleprompter” Finnegan is anchoring! With the mistakes becoming progressively worse on WPXI, you could be drunk before Leno hits the air! My favorites have been the lack of sound and when they introduce the wrong video clips. All time best though, was when they messed up so badly that they gave themselves a “do over” and started with the news all over again!

16. Matt H
    October 12, 2007 5:21 pm

That is Lukes wife in the picture.

17. Matt H
    October 13, 2007 1:11 am

WPXI had a big screw up right at the start of the 11 pm news tonight.

18. spoon
    October 13, 2007 2:06 am

it’s just karma biting WPXI for all of the years of striking fear in the public for breathing. Dee Thompson should feel at home being stuck out in the cold reporting from the bridge over 279.

19. sylv
    October 14, 2007 9:47 am

I see mr. “wants skinny” removed his posting. Good for you PittGirl!!!
    I love your expose of idiots.