WTF?

You know that little British girl that disappeared a while back and whose mother was eventually suspected in the disappearance.

Still, no charges have been filed, but there’s this:

The mother of missing British 4-year-old Madeleine McCann believes she’s being persecuted because of her looks, and thinks that if she “had a bigger bosom and looked more maternal, people would be more sympathetic,” a London newspaper reported Tuesday.

What the holy crap?!?

Yeah, I regularly look at women suspected of abusing or murdering their children and go, “Nah.  She couldn’t have done it.  She’s so maternal and I mean, really, look at the giant knockers on her.”

What a lunatic.  She totally did it.

Allegedly.

1. Susanne
    October 16, 2007 11:16 am

Recent reports claim the little girl had some behavior issues maybe ADD. Bet these 2 parents, Dr’s oath and all, experimented on her and now covering it.
    I also firmly believe the Dr in Conn had something to do with the horrifying deaths of his family in thier home. Sick people in this world.

2. north sider
    October 16, 2007 12:41 pm

Perhaps she would get more sympathy from me if she didn’t leave her 3 kids in a hotel room alone while she went to dinner. If that’s even what happened. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if she was involved. I’m just amazed at how many supporters they do have!

3. Suzanne
    October 16, 2007 12:53 pm

Totally taken out of context. This woman is guilty of many things including risk of injury for leaving her children alone in a hotel room while she had TAPAS, but I don’t think she had anything to do with this.

4. Suzanne
    October 16, 2007 12:55 pm

Susanne…you are so off the mark on Dr.Petit. Seriously, I live here. I have seen every news clipping on this. If this guy had anything to do with this, those two sociopaths would have already ratted him out.

5. Heidi
    October 16, 2007 1:07 pm

I would have been a lot more sympathetic if they weren’t being so damn selfish. They left three little innocent children ALONE in a room (or so they say). Why didn’t they have a nanny? Money is obviously not an issue.

Also, if she weighed a little more and wore mom jeans, that would help, too.

6. efw_west
    October 16, 2007 1:16 pm

from susanne: Yup..she did it. I always seem to guess these things right. duhhhh. This is a no brainer.

I hearby vote this dumbest post ever on a blog/message board. Congratulations.

7. McArdle
    October 16, 2007 1:23 pm

I have not seen this story before this, but I have a very important question: why doesn’t this story have a photo attached so I can see for myself if she has a baby killer’s bosom or not?

8. Brian
    October 16, 2007 1:28 pm

I second that. we need to see the knockers to decide guilt! Bring on the knockers!

9. REARless
    October 16, 2007 1:43 pm

I third the motion.

Knockers-Knockers-Knockers!

10. Mr. Wind-up Bird
    October 16, 2007 2:17 pm

On the Fox News Channel the only two things that matter are tits and terrorists.

11. Pensgirl
    October 16, 2007 2:22 pm

I am not even remotely defending this woman, but I just want to point out that her statement could be based on a British stereotype that we don’t share. I only say that because I know of at least one in existence: the Brits are horribly discriminatory towards redheads, and I’ve yet to find an American who is (good thing ’cause my sib is one and I’d have to break some legs). Perhaps we just don’t have all the info on this one.

If that’s not the case, then she’s a whack job.

12. Miss Lee
    October 16, 2007 3:38 pm

A public service announcement to all other Pittgirl-readers, in regards to Bird’s post:

“Be kind: Don’t feed the trolls”

13. parking chair
    October 16, 2007 5:01 pm

here’s a good pic: http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/reward-for-missing-madeleine/2007/05/11/1178390532152.html.

i have no idea if they did it. but she should probably have her parents euthanized – they talk too much.

14. Susanne
    October 16, 2007 6:04 pm

EFW,
    If you have not noticed, we do not attack each other here on the Burgh Blog. You sound as if you would put up an arguement up for a “potential” murderer, but here where we relax and entertain each other you would attack? hmmmmmmmmm. Momma didnt teach you manners suppose. Maybe your just another angry flat chested chick.

15. A mom
    October 16, 2007 9:10 pm

My opinion — it is a long shot that they or she did not have anything to do with the disappearance of the little girl. Leaving three children in a hotel room is the first clue that there are “issues.”

Pensgirl….in the UK redheads are referred to as “gingers.” You have to find humor in the fact that Prince Harry is a carrot top — which is the redhead color spectrum! Chuckle, chuckle.

Little G — in VA — it is your big sister. thanks for the connection to the blog — Pittgirl makes me laugh.

16. efw_west
    October 16, 2007 9:42 pm

True Susanne, personal attacks are rare here, but to suggest a father would somehow be involved in wiping out his family in such a violent manner was just too much to take. Not a matter of manners at all, and perhaps you should look in the mirror.

17. Pensgirl
    October 16, 2007 11:57 pm

A mom, “ginger” is a put-down and redheads are downright harassed over there. That’s my point…people here don’t tend to know how horribly redheads are treated, so maybe there’s some cultural thing we’re missing about this quote too.

18. Mr. Wind-up Bird
    October 17, 2007 9:19 am

Miss Lee, if you are suggesting that my comment was meant to be incendiary, you’re incorrect. Sometimes a hot dog is just a hot dog.

19. Melissa
    October 19, 2007 5:32 pm

I don’t trust that article one bit. That’s the ONLY quote from the interview in it — it’s so picked out! We don’t know whether this woman was involved in her child’s disappearance or not, but if she wasn’t, even if she was negligent, don’t you feel bad for the way she’s been treated? Her daughter’s gone.