Random n@

1. Once again, I have managed to get severely behind on responding to emails. Don’t worry. I’ve already gave myself a stern talking to complete with one raised eyebrow and a tsk thrown in for good measure. I’ll get on it.

2. Have you guys checked out the City/County listing of those that haven’t paid their parking tickets and other citations?

Reader DW told me that Max Starks was on there as was Willie Parker.

Then reader Cate, declaring boldly that she’s got LOTS of free time, went and hunted down Randle-El, Larry Foote (he’s got several), Joey Porter (who disregarded a “traffic control device.” Is that police-speak for ran a red light?) and Plaxico Burress (he got two, including one for parking his car on the sidewalk. Nice.)

And I found a Dom Costa and a bunch for a John Cater, including one for parking in a handicapped spot. Again. Nice.

See who you can find.

3. Troysus and Hines are playing this weekend. You know how I feel about that.

4. Two drinks!

From Mike Tomlin’s press conference yesterday:

What is your opinion of Ike Taylor?

For me, I wasn’t a part of it, so it was a non-issue for me. That is one of the issues I wanted to address as soon as I got the job; that I think he is a quality football player. I still think his best football is ahead of him. … That and what happened last year is really a non-issue at this point.

(h/t Daniel in Mexico)

5. You see. One picture he’s cleaned up, and in the other one he’s “grubby.” I’m guessing holding up the Colgate and the toothbrush is supposed to let us know which one is which.

6. So she wants a “good, down to earth guy” that also happens to want a “badass bitch” who is “Rated X.”

I would imagine there is a HUGE market out there for good, down to earth guys wanting to bring a rated X badass bitch home to their mamas.

Gawd.

1. spoon
    October 17, 2007 9:45 am

#6 what is with everyone doing the “myspace pose”. ya know, hold the camera up in the air and shoot down on yourself with this like look like “yeah i’m a sexy badass” with your eyes squinted as if the sun is bright.

2. curtO
    October 17, 2007 9:57 am

1. You can’t be that behind since you sent me a message about an hour after I left a comment. It’s refreshing to see you aren’t just a blogger, but also a responder.

:^D

3. Darwin Police
    October 17, 2007 10:30 am

#6: “I am depressed and have a kid. PLEASE DATE MY BAGGAGE-LADEN, MOPEY ASS.”

4. joey
    October 17, 2007 10:38 am

I love #6…23 yo single mom, just broke up with her fiance, a bit depressed. Ya, that sounds like the makings of a stable relationship… Of course, she is “rated X”

5. joey
    October 17, 2007 10:41 am

OT: Anyone know where I can get apple cider that has no preservatives? Even Soergel’s puts crap in their cider now.

6. pittgirl
    October 17, 2007 10:49 am

Have you tried Whole Foods or Trader Joes?

7. Susan
    October 17, 2007 11:50 am

Parking on the sidewalk is a violation in the burgh?
    really?

I thought that was mandatory with those skinny-ass streets.
    Always thought that should be park of the drivers test, parking half on the sidewalk…
    I miss the burgh, and sidewalk parking.

8. chrys
    October 17, 2007 1:14 pm

5. It’s not nearly as bad as the freaks you’ve found in the past.. he’s actually kinda cute..

6. There is NO way that girl is 23… I’d say 16 at the most.

9. Gretchen
    October 17, 2007 2:30 pm

5. Come on, Pittgirl. He’s just “ackward” and trying to reconcile his clean and grubby sides.

10. Matt H
    October 17, 2007 4:09 pm

“DISREGARD TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICE”

That is the cops way of giving you a break when you get caught speeding. When you plead guilty to that you don’t get any points on your license. Usually this is like a half way point. If the cop explains that to you and gives you that you really wouldn’t contest it since he is giving you a break. It’s a win win for everyone.

You get zero points and the local government gets their money.

11. Kelli
    October 18, 2007 4:25 pm

Matt – It isn’t just for speeding, I got “disobedience of a traffic control device” for running a light (I swear it was yellow when I started through)

It can be used in reference to any traffic control “device” – signs, road-lines, etc.

In my case, running a light was a $96 fine and three points on my license. The mercy the cop showed me with the “disobedience” thing was just the $96, no points.

And I had no intentions of fighting it nor did I bargain with him. He simply stated that with my otherwise clean record, he could write it up this was.