- October 22, 2007
- filed under David Conrad, Downtown happenings, Mayor O'Connor, Mayor Ravenstahl, Penguins, Weird Burghers
1. I hate Tom Brady with a renewed passion each week. I’m not saying I want him to get a brain-eating amoeba or anything, but I wouldn’t have any sleepless nights if he, like, got MRSA.
2. Two drinks courtesy of Mayor Lukey who obviously wants to give us a reason to use alcohol to nurse the pain of losing to the Broncos.
I have proudly carried on many of his programs, while creating an aggressive agenda of my own to move Pittsburgh forward.
As the financial health of our city continues to move forward, so too do our efforts in job creation and economic development.
Bless your heart, Lukey, and your inability to say anything new.
3. People, if you haven’t yet joined me on the “Sidney Crosby rocks so hard it makes me dizzy” train, please read this story, and then run alongside and jump aboard because this train of awesomeness stops for no one.
If I ever come gorgeous face to gorgeous face with Sidney Crosby, I am going to grab that kid and hug him so hard his hair is going to grow. I don’t care if a bro tases me for it either.
4. At first I thought this Craigslist ad must be a joke, but you know what? If you watch the 11:00 news for two weeks straight and see some of the toothless, bare-chested next door neighbors that get interviewed and/or arrested … yeah, this could totally be true.
5. Reader Amanda wrote:
I need your help getting to the bottom of the mysterious disappearance of bus shelter(s) along Forbes Ave. in Oakland. Why is it that just as the harsh winter approaches (if this global warming shit ever goes away) they remove our shelter from the storm? Who is responsible for this maddening annoyance? Port Authority? Or perhaps the Carnegie Museum felt the shelters were an eyesore. Grr. I noticed the missing shelter this afternoon (Oct. 19) at the corner of Forbes and Craig. I’m told the one down the block by Dippy was also removed.
OR maybe we can blame it on the three entities I blame everything on: pigeons, zombies, and/or scientologists. Now if a zombie scientologist with a pet pigeon ever approaches me, my head will explode.
Anybody know anything about this? Anyone? Zober?
6. Good looking, educated twins and chances are ten to one that they can kick your ass … or at least run you over with a Stryker.
7. David Conrad. Arms.