Random n@.

1. I hate Tom Brady with a renewed passion each week. I’m not saying I want him to get a brain-eating amoeba or anything, but I wouldn’t have any sleepless nights if he, like, got MRSA.

2. Two drinks courtesy of Mayor Lukey who obviously wants to give us a reason to use alcohol to nurse the pain of losing to the Broncos.

I have proudly carried on many of his programs, while creating an aggressive agenda of my own to move Pittsburgh forward.

As the financial health of our city continues to move forward, so too do our efforts in job creation and economic development.

Bless your heart, Lukey, and your inability to say anything new.

(h/t Bill)

3. People, if you haven’t yet joined me on the “Sidney Crosby rocks so hard it makes me dizzy” train, please read this story, and then run alongside and jump aboard because this train of awesomeness stops for no one.

If I ever come gorgeous face to gorgeous face with Sidney Crosby, I am going to grab that kid and hug him so hard his hair is going to grow. I don’t care if a bro tases me for it either.

4. At first I thought this Craigslist ad must be a joke, but you know what? If you watch the 11:00 news for two weeks straight and see some of the toothless, bare-chested next door neighbors that get interviewed and/or arrested … yeah, this could totally be true.

(h/t Jim)

5. Reader Amanda wrote:

I need your help getting to the bottom of the mysterious disappearance of bus shelter(s) along Forbes Ave. in Oakland. Why is it that just as the harsh winter approaches (if this global warming shit ever goes away) they remove our shelter from the storm? Who is responsible for this maddening annoyance? Port Authority? Or perhaps the Carnegie Museum felt the shelters were an eyesore. Grr. I noticed the missing shelter this afternoon (Oct. 19) at the corner of Forbes and Craig. I’m told the one down the block by Dippy was also removed.

OR maybe we can blame it on the three entities I blame everything on: pigeons, zombies, and/or scientologists. Now if a zombie scientologist with a pet pigeon ever approaches me, my head will explode.

Anybody know anything about this? Anyone? Zober?

6. Good looking, educated twins and chances are ten to one that they can kick your ass … or at least run you over with a Stryker.

7. David Conrad. Arms.

Nice.

1. CL
    October 22, 2007 9:35 am

2. those are going to be two very, VERY strong drinks for me…good lord that loss was painful.

3. there is no freaking way this kid is 20. and it seems like every single day there’s another reason to love him…screw hugging him PG, if I ever come face to face with him I’m throwing him down right then and there!!

6. wow, and i thought my sisters and i kicked ass….those girls literally do! major props to them

2. Frank
    October 22, 2007 9:36 am

Have you ever heard the DVE song “Tom Brady’s a C**t?” It makes me cry tears of happy joy every time I hear it.

3. Tinare
    October 22, 2007 9:43 am

1. Yep. MRSA would do just fine. Belicheat needs to have the brain-eating ameoba. (I don’t really wish death and injury on them, just hate them both and wish they would go away…can’t stand cheaters.)

3. He is awesome! Wish more star atheletes were like him (see #1 above.)

7. Is that a sword you got there or are you just happy to see me? Nice arms. Nice. Arms. Whew!

4. Leave a Reply
    October 22, 2007 10:40 am

Sid the Kid could teach Pukey Lukey a thing or two.

5. Sofa King
    October 22, 2007 10:44 am

Sid the Kid is truly remarkable. He’s quickly becoming the anti-Vick and a symbol for all that could, and should, be right with professional athletes. It seems that the NHL is taking notice and realizing what an asset they have in him, as well, as #87 seems to keep turning up in just about every NHL ad nowdays. He could very well come to not only play a huge role in turning the Penguins around, but the league as well.

6. chrys
    October 22, 2007 10:44 am

3. All I can say is WOW! I really wish more athletes were like this. Sid the Kid is awesome…I am definately on that train!! Where is the bar?

and as an aside, my 7 yr old daughter thinks he’s soooo cool..LOL!

Also just want to add… Tom Brady sucks butt!

7. Zsa
    October 22, 2007 10:47 am

#7: Oh my God. I am dumbstruck. Where did those come from??

8. Amanda
    October 22, 2007 11:21 am

Just contacted Port Authority about “The Secret of the Missing Bus Shelter.” They said:

Thank you for contacting Port Authority with your concern. The bus shelters were removed because they were in poor condition. However, they are going to be replaced by Adshel.

Looks like the zombies got off easy this time.

9. dwight
    October 22, 2007 12:04 pm

Man oh man … a post sandwiched between a Tom Brady mention and a photo of an ARMed David Conrad in chainmail?! I think I’m getting light headed!

10. Pingback: Pet Care » Blog Archive » Random n@.

11. Pensgirl
    October 22, 2007 1:19 pm

The Steelers killed my Penguins buzz from attending Saturday’s game, and then you go and put it all back with another “it’s too good and it’s true” Sid story. Is there anyone out there who did a better job than his parents? If I ever become a mother I’m naming them my kid’s guardians in my will.

12. PittCheMBA
    October 22, 2007 6:50 pm

7. Damn, who knew David Conrad had arms like that. As a guy, I will continue to fantasize about his TV wife on Ghost Whisperer, J Lo Hewitt. She is pretty hot in the Hanes Bra commercials.

13. Melissa
    October 23, 2007 12:29 am

What a great story about Sid. Good for you Pitt Girl for posting it. Refreshing that someone like him goes out and does stuff like this w/out seeming to seek glory.

Not sure why everyone what’s up w/ the Tom Brady situation.

14. Matt H
    October 23, 2007 11:11 am

I’m surprised PAT got back to you so soon with your question.

15. danopsu
    October 23, 2007 12:53 pm

Im with you PittChe…J Lo Hewitt works for me too

16. GHSTWHSPERERISMYLIFE
    March 24, 2008 4:38 pm

OMG DAVID CONRAD IS SO HOT!!! IF HE IS ANYTHING LIKE HIS T.V. CHARACTER, OMG.

JHL IS SO PRETTY, AND SHE STANDS UP FOR WOMEN WHO CAN(TMZ’S COMMENTS)