What they’re really thinking: half-assed edition.

Because I’m a big giant-ego-having narcissist, I like to believe that bunches of you are sitting by, drumming your fingers, awaiting my reaction to the latest Steelers loss.

I had a doozy of a post planned, complete with pictures of the Asshat losing a young fan, Benny calling his O line a bunch of lazy, fat asses of suck, and Troy violently attempting to rip the head off of a Bronco.

Then, probably because I used the Bible to encourage senseless violence against baby pigeons, God smote me with a migraine that would cripple a hippopotamus.

So now I’m recovered, the brain is clear, and really do you care anymore about the Steelers game we lost because the O line failed, the coaches did a questionable job, Benny played for the Broncos for a while, and for some reason that I shall never understand, Jeff Reed failed to split the uprights in a 65-yarder.

I mean.  Come. ON!

If you care:

1. Lucidi of Steel
    October 22, 2007 9:05 pm

No matter how many times you replay that for me, Troy DID NOT try to screw off that guys head. The Bronco player slid down like a greased piglet doing a move my kid used to do at 1 yrs old when it was bath time and Barney was king. BOGUS CALL.
    They put up a decent fight but couldnt get the win. What ya gonna do? Just have to get back into practice and get ready to smack Chad in his golden grill next week. Go Steelers

2. pittgirl
    October 22, 2007 9:09 pm

I totally agree. I said the same thing when it happened. Troy was going for a standard Troy tackle and the guy slipped down. It was NOT intentional.

I wondered if Troy punched the ground after it happened because he knew a bogus call was coming, because the guy got as far as he did, or because he was angry at himself for tackling him like that.

3. honda driver
    October 22, 2007 10:12 pm

i didn’t realize you could hear the drumming of my fingers all the way across town! ah, what can i say about the game? the O didn’t show up. sorry to hear about your migraine. blame it on the changing weather patterns.

4. PittCheMBA
    October 22, 2007 11:18 pm

Fellow Burgh Blogger Mondesishouse.com has a nice post game analysis, http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/2007/10/that-certainly-sucked.html. He also has a link to kicker Jeff Reed, let’s try a 65 yard field goal, party pics: http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/2007/10/skippy-did-not-disappoint.html.

5. OutofBurgher
    October 22, 2007 11:21 pm

Late or not, you still rock, PittGirl.

6. M. Silenus
    October 23, 2007 10:28 am

What’s frightening to me is that if Benny had not been juking like a champion of “So You think You Can Dance” there would have been about 20 sacks. On how many pass plays did he NOT have to scramble? But at least they didn’t continue the deer in the headlights sorriness of the second quarter for the rest of the game.

My favorite play though was when Benny scrambled for the first down and, instead of sliding like quarterbacks are supposed to, he lowered his shoulder and smacked the defender. Of course, if he had slid at the very last minute maybe he could have gotten a cheap blow to the head call like Cutler.

7. toni
    October 23, 2007 3:24 pm

………. Not to mention a totally awesome Defense giving up yardage……now I’ve got the migraine??