A new Annoying Burgher!

Brian Lanz’s reign as the current Annoying Burgher is ending.

He’ll be hanging up his sash and pinning the crown on this guy’s head:

Pittsburgh school board members will gather tomorrow for a training session on how to better govern and get along with one another.

They’ll have to make do without at least one member, Mark Brentley Sr., who said he’s skipping the meeting because he had no hand in selecting the consultant who’s going to lead the discussion.

There is so much irony here I can’t stand it.

I mean, REALLY, Mr. Brentley?  If you don’t get to pick the referee then you take your ball and go home?

That is SOOOO mature.  Why not grow the hell up, be a man, attend the session and at that session use the opportunity to intelligently, calmly, and rationally voice your concerns to the group and the trainer, hoping that there can be some resolution or even a plan for resolution?

You should have showed up.

You’re the next Annoying Burgher.  Brian will be there soon to hand over the crown.  He’ll be the one with all the Hannah Montana tickets.

Also?

Los Angeles-based Broad Foundation, a supporter of Mr. Roosevelt, is covering $25,000 of the training session; the other $15,000 is coming from the district budget.

Yeah, for the low low price of $40,000 I could have taught the lot of them how to get along and it would have taken ten minutes for me to say, “OMG!  Grow the hell up already! God, I’ve met six-year-olds with ADHD that are more mature than you.  Now line up so I can kick you all in the ass.”

1. Matt H
    October 23, 2007 11:09 am

Brentley is a goof.

2. Gunn Lino
    October 23, 2007 12:06 pm

Mr Mark Brentlys demeanor and attitude demonstrate only that any comment made could not be the truth but would have to be cloaked in political correct speak to the point that any truth would be lost in the resulting gobbleygook.

Matt H is correct.

3. City girl
    October 24, 2007 5:16 am

This is something that I have known for a long time. Just watch the school board meetings on the city channel to get a load of him! Afterwards, I need a shower! He is sooo combative and never gets tired of a fight. It must be a joy working with him in Public Works and behind the scenes at the school board.
    Excellent choice for MOST ANNOYING BURGHER!
    I am so glad he is finally exposed for the racist hater that he is!

4. deegazette
    October 24, 2007 1:29 pm

He does not participate in a lot of group stuff, such as grading the superintendent. A shame really since when he is not beating dead horses he can make sense sometimes. A bigger question is why have this training now? My son has made a great deal of progress already this year and if a strike quashes his momentum I will not be fun to be around. Maybe this training should be postponed until the contract is settled!! If I had to pick sides right now and base my choice only on what I have seen so far this year in my kid’s buidlings, I am on the teachers side. Is there a limit to how many can share the “annoying” crown at one time?

5. City girl
    October 26, 2007 1:20 pm

I just finished watching the school board meeting on TV this morning and I noticed that THE MOST ANNOYING BURGER does not recite the pledge of alligiance, nor put his hand on his heart as all the other members do. He is a low down snake in the grass with a whole bunch of anger issues. I think he’s dangerous! Someone needs to look in to him!

6. deegazette
    October 26, 2007 9:09 pm

I will watch the broadcast on PPS TV on the web via the pghboe.net site. I have never noticed this before, but will be deeply disappointed if I see the same. How dare someone who holds a public office not salute the flag and say the pledge. It is no wonder students don’t know better. Have you ever seen the behavior during the National Anthem at a sporting event? If you watched the broadcast did you notice Skip McCrea’s monthly acknowledgement of the PPS staff serving in the military? I think I can actually go back to past months and play the broadcast. It is on my to-do list and I will report back. You do realize that nobody is running against Mr. Brentley? School Board is a completely painful and thankless job, I bet. On the other hand, if you volunteered for it—DO A GOOD JOB.

7. Brian Lanz
    October 27, 2007 6:50 pm

My reign is over. My heart is broken.