1. Last night while shopping for birthday gifts, I tried a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino at Starbucks. I’m here to tell you that for every positive ion of awesomeness in a Pumpkin Spice Latte, there is an equal and opposite negative ion of suck in the frappe. They’re that disgusting.
2. So NASA commissioned a survey of commercial pilots to learn more about how safe the industry is. They won’t release the results to the public because they are “fearful that it would upset air travelers and hurt airline profits.”
They’ve gone so far as to order the contractor that conducted the survey to destroy the data.
I can only assume this means that at some point in time or another … a stoned, armless monkey has flown a commercial airplane.
We’re all going to die.
3. This morning I was just screaming down the Parkway East (after the tunnels) with not an iota of congestion in front of me. Then a rain drop hit my windshield … causing every single driver on the road to simultaneously slam on their brakes like they were approaching some cows in fog or something. When will we Burghers learn to drive in the rain? Really.
4. Speaking of monkeys and my completely rational fear of them:
NEW DELHI (Oct. 21) – Wild monkeys attacked a senior government official who then fell from a balcony at his home and died Sunday, media reported.
See?! If I lived in New Delhi, I’d be armed to the teeth.
(h/t Ms. Mon)
5. Wouldn’t you ladies agree with me that the only thing that would make Sidney Crosby more awesome is if he would appear shirtless more often?
6. Speaking of hot Penguins, the boys went and helped disadvantaged kids pick out clothes and coats for the winter. There’s a photo gallery too.
7. Wow. Wow. My mind is filled with so many ways in which I hate this guy that I cannot even begin to write them down. 007.
On the plus side, he’s “traveled nationally.” That’s hard to find.