- October 24, 2007
- filed under Downtown happenings, Eye rolls, Local media, Mike Tomlin, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons
1. Last night I had a dream that Jim Lokay was my dad. And I don’t mean “dad” in the “who’s your daddy” sense of the word, but more like “dad” as in “redd up this room young lady. That’s it, Fort Pitt! Fix ‘at guy’s wagon! Elvis has left the building!”
I do NOT want to know what this means dream-wise, but if it doesn’t stop I’m going to addict myself to meth so that I never sleep again.
2. Out of Muncie, Indiana, a name that’s just fun to say, I don’t care who you are:
A noisy parrot that likes to imitate sounds helped save a man and his son from a house fire by mocking a smoke alarm, the bird’s owner says.
Shannon Conwell, 33, said he and his 9-year-old son fell asleep on the couch while watching a movie. They awoke about 3 a.m. Friday to find their home on fire after hearing the family’s Amazon parrot, Peanut, imitating a fire alarm.
“He was really screaming his head off,” Conwell said.
I wonder if I can train a parrot to lose its shit for things that worry me.
- PIGEON! PIGEON! PIGEON!
- MINION! MINION! MINION!
- Brain-eating amoeba, PittGirl! SQUAWK! THERE’S A FREAKING BRAIN-EATING AMOEBA IN YOUR EAR!!
Where can I get me one of those?
3. If I was a guy, Mandy Moore would be my dream girl. That is all.
4. Mike Tomlin says:
“We knew they would come out in preparation to stop the run, and they (did),” Tomlin said after the game. “It’s the same cat-and-mouse chess game.”
Man, would I love to see a cat and a mouse sit down for a quiet game of chess.
5. That’s a LOT of manpower:
Ninety law enforcement officers — about twice the usual complement — will stage the largest driving-under-the-influence checkpoint ever in Western Pennsylvania sometime between Friday and Nov. 3 on “a major highway in Allegheny County.”
You’ve been warned, yo.
6. The PG is seeking input on readers’ favorite serving dishes (!?).
I don’t know about you, but my solid gold bacon dish is pretty frickin’ awesome.