Hey, kids! It’s HEEBIE JEEBIE TIME!!!

The 9th Annual Black Sheep Puppet Festival is in town with lots of shows for both adults and kids … they say.

See?

They’re also in town to once again prove that art that PittGirl doesn’t understand … usually scares the hell out of me.

WTF?

Wherefore art thou, Mr. Rogers? Where? Fore art thou?!

Although Lady Elaine Freakin’ Demon Fairchilde is a big giant chunk of WTF in her own right.

I’d check this out if I wasn’t absolutely sure that I would leave the event, go to sleep, and have a nightmare that included both Jim Lokay and Lady Elaine Freakin’ Demon Fairchilde trying to eat my brains all, “Boomerang! Toomerang! SOOMERANG!!”

Yikes.

1. Kelli
    October 25, 2007 1:27 pm

Is it just me or does Lady Elaine Fairchild look like some sad puppet version of Phyllis Diller?

2. dee
    October 25, 2007 1:43 pm

Please write another post soon, PittGirl, so that I’m not creeped out the instant your blog appears on my screen. Just make it stop.

3. chrys
    October 25, 2007 1:45 pm

Lady Elaine Fairchild used to creep me out when I was little. I’d run out of the room anytime she was on tv.. I still do! My kids are not fans of her either. My youngest says the voice sounds mean..LOL! She changes the channel when that freaky puppet comes on TV.

4. danopsu
    October 25, 2007 2:29 pm

yeah…not a big fan of puppets…the owl freaked me out….Im escared!

5. TheJim
    October 25, 2007 2:58 pm

On one hand, that owl is totally freaky freaky. On the other, I expect it to say “O RLY?”

6. James Foreman
    October 25, 2007 6:01 pm

Art isn’t worth a damn if it isn’t freaking the squares out.

All you really need is to open your mind a little, and understand that PittGirl impishly chose a couple of the less appealing photographs to illustrate her point.

Seriously though, the Festival is a pretty rad time. It doesn’t take itself as seriously as you might think it does. It’s all local artists this year, too. And it won’t even conflict with your precious football contest!

Support the arts!

7. pittgirl
    October 25, 2007 6:05 pm

James,

In my defense, in my research for that post, I did not see one single puppet that I thought a kid would enjoy.

The web site only shows photos of very odd puppets.

PittGirl

8. Paul
    October 25, 2007 7:49 pm

Here’s the stuff of nightmares … giant, yellow-eyed PIGEON PUPPETS!!!

9. Anthony
    October 25, 2007 9:20 pm

I think it’s cool that the dude in the 2nd photo has a puppet of himself.

10. PittCheMBA
    October 25, 2007 10:21 pm

They look like some of the winners you have discovered on Craigslist. Very Scary.

11. James Foreman
    October 25, 2007 10:54 pm

I totally get that, PittGirl – I guess what doesn’t always come through is the fact that the Festival is not specifically targeted for children. It’s totally family-friendly, of course, and there won’t be anything even remotely offensive in it, but the Friday and Saturday events aren’t kid’s shows.

Give it a try! I’ll even buy your ticket, and I’ll have the smelling salts nearby just in case the awesomeness knocks you freakin’ unconscious.

12. Gunn Lino
    October 25, 2007 11:07 pm

Ventrilquist dummies, Clowns, and Puppets , the triad of childhood nightmares, fear of going into dark rooms, adult cold sweats and prolonged bouts of heavy drinking.

13. Pingback: Fresh Jim-ness! | King of the Impossible by James Foreman, Fiction Writer

14. pittgirl