I’m screwed.

I guess the pigeons had enough of the boring-ness and now they are TOTALLY up to something.

Awesome reader Elizabeth Perry wrote:

This truck was driving TOWARDS downtown this morning.

Thought you’d like to know.

Shit.

So many questions.

1.  Are they supplies FOR pigeons?  As in supplies for pigeons to continue doing the work of Beelzebub?  If so what would those supplies be?  Talon-sharpening files?  Scopes?  Beak tip poison?  Poop target practice bulls eyes?  Steroid-laced bird feed?  Robotic falcon-destroying laser beams?  WHAT?!

2.  And if they’re having these supplies TRUCKED into the city, I can only imagine they’re thinking about bringing a bridge down.  Or at the very least kidnapping PittGirl.

3.   If I call the number, do you think Satan will answer? And shouldn’t the number be 1-866-666-6666?

4   Or are they supplies for people to kill pigeons?  And if so, can I get a job there?  Or maybe just meet the owner and shake his hand?

Regardless, just a note that if you look up today and see a screaming hot chick in jeans and boots being carried off through the sky by a horde of steroid-raging pigeons with red eyes and scopes mounted on laser-beam shooting rifles… shoot to kill me because I wouldn’t want to live.

Thanks.

1. Robert
    October 26, 2007 9:40 am

Apparently they have a website. http://www.foyspigeonsupplies.com/

My favorite part of the website is called “Dropping Analysis.” For $25, you mail them your pigeon’s droppings and they will tell you if the pigeon is healthy or not. And PittGirl I hate to tell you this, but they must have a thriving business. There’s a picture of their staff on the website. They employ 11 people. Apparently there is quite a population of people in the ‘burgh who are pigeon fanciers.

I think you need to send some of your minions to Beaver Falls to talk with these people.

2. Bram R
    October 26, 2007 9:41 am

The only thing I can think of is 1) extermination, 2) some sketchy Pigeon Peace style outfit lovingly moving the eggs to Cleveland or 3) a carrier pigeon maintenance service.

I always thought sending messages by carrier pigeon was cool. Would you be okay with those? Like, pigeon minions?

October 26, 2007 10:59 am

I think someone taking pictures while driving into a merge area is scarier than any pigeon. (And if awesome Elizabeth was in the passenger seat, I apologize.)

4. NY Luvs Pitts
    October 26, 2007 11:13 am

Wow!!! I checked out this website and on Pigeon Links there’s all kinds of website out there for pigeon lovers. From breeders to trainers, pigeon clubs, buyers and sellers. I don’t know PG. This is scary!!!

5. NoSide15212
    October 26, 2007 1:36 pm

This makes sense. About a week ago I saw a pigeon perched on a ledge downtown and he appeared to be pecking at a Blackberry. Upon closer inspection, he was indeed surfing the net via the City’s wireless connection (which Luke invented) and ordering supplies –feed, and such– from pigeonsupplies.com.

6. Brianintheburgh
    October 29, 2007 9:08 am

I saw that truck at 10:45 AM Sunday Oct 28, 2007 heading north on I-79 at the Racetrack Road exit. Just wanted PG to know where her mortal enemies are! This guy seems to get around town!

7. Mark
    October 29, 2007 10:45 am

For the record, I was driving. The parkway is scary enough.

8. Guy Hogan
    November 17, 2007 8:35 am

This was the first time I went into PittGirl’s archives and I came across Pigeon Supplies. Above the word Pigeon Supplies on the back of the truck seems to be the word Toys. Toys for pigeons? And this is a real business? How strange.

My search of the archives continues.