Random n@.

1.  Wow.  What a couple of slow snark-worthy news days.  Yesterday I walked past a pigeon just lying on its back picking its teeth all, “Man, PittGirl, if things don’t pick up soon around here I’m going to have to entertain myself and your eyeballs are looking quite juicy.”

2. What I am looking for is a bucket in which to puke because this guy just sent my creep-meter all the up to “run for your life.”

3. As you know, the Steelers all time team includes some current Steelers … Hines, Troysus, Alan Faneca, and Cabbage Patch Baby Cici Donna.

Question:

Do you think Benny feels slighted that he didn’t make the team, what with him leading us to the Super Bowl and being our “franchise” quarterback and all?  Did his minions forget to vote?

4. Speaking of Benny, he said:

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on how Tomlin differs from former coach Bill Cowher:

“There is a lot of differences, just because they’re very different people. The time schedule’s different, and I think the way that he talks to you. If you screw up or you make a mistake, he wants to talk to you about it or encourage you, ‘You’re going to be OK,’ whereas Cowher would yell at you or scream at you or something.”

We all know what “something” is. Spit!

5. Tell me that mouse doesn’t look like a penis with eyes and legs. IT TOTALLY DOES. That’s why Stephanie Watson can’t wipe that grin off of her face. Safe for work. (h/t M)

6. Lukey and his double chin on the catwalk … on the catwalk.

7.  A 20-year-old Job Corps student from Dallas who came to the Burgh to study and who joined a men’s ministry at a Hill church was gunned down as he was heading back to his dorm from the CCAC library.

Police said he was an innocent victim of a group of Homewood “punks” who have been preying on people near the busway.

“They’re thugs,” said Lt. Daniel Hermann … “You can quote me on that.”

Punks are kids who love to spend their time stealing pumpkins from porches and tagging the busway.  Thugs are bullies who take your lunch money or your debit card and then kick you when you fall.

These dudes are not thugs or punks.  They’re cold-blooded murderers.

And you can quote me on that.

8.   You know I’m a Steelers fan and that means I don’t like other teams bashing Benny … that’s MY job.  But damn.  This is funny!

1. Dave
    October 26, 2007 8:59 am

uh #5? Did Ken Rice say, “I think they’re beautiful” ???????

2. pittgirl
    October 26, 2007 9:00 am

HAH!

3. steelerfan
    October 26, 2007 9:13 am

I’m sorry…that picture of Luke…this is all I can think of:

4. steelerfan
    October 26, 2007 9:13 am

sorry…THIS is all I can think of

5. Pensgirl
    October 26, 2007 9:55 am

7. You and I had exactly the same reaction to that, PG.

6. NY Luvs Pitts
    October 26, 2007 11:16 am

#5 Yep

7. Heidi
    October 26, 2007 1:03 pm

Do you get the impression that the players hated The Chin? I’m starting to think so.

8. Sylar
    October 26, 2007 4:22 pm

2. Agreed
    3. The All-Time Team ballot only allowed you to vote for one QB (no backups). Terry Bradshaw had the most success of any Steeler quarterback, so of course he made the team. Even Bennyboo can’t argue with that.
    4. Maybe this is why, on the day Cowher debuted as a CBS commentator, Dan Marino held up a “spit shield” he said Benny gave him.
    5. Um, yeah.
    6. He looks like the poster boy for plus-size fashions for dorklings
    7. Guns+evildoers=stone killers
    8. Meh, not that funny. What if it was David Conrad’s head under that elephant leg? Also, it doesn’t begin to compare in sheer hilarity to Carson Palmer’s hot dog-chomping ad campaign. Now that’s funny!

9. Tinare
    October 26, 2007 4:46 pm

#3 Benny needs to win four more Superbowls before he can unseat Bradshaw as the greatest Steeler QB ever. Right now he’s a very distant second.

#7 I agree with the victim’s father — “That’s money we sent him,” said his father. “They’re cowards. That’s all they are. He didn’t bother anyone. They didn’t have to do that. I want them executed.”

10. minion # 77777777
    October 26, 2007 4:48 pm

#3 Ben knows he’s number 1 in our hearts …but come on Bradshaw won 4 super bowls…can’t argue with that!

11. Melissa
    October 26, 2007 6:22 pm

I knew that young man from Job Corps from school….he was very very nice and helped many people out. He worked really hard at his studies and and had goals and was very determined to get his degree.

I agree w/ you pitt girl, these animals are not punks…but they are indeed cowards…7 of them, w/ at least 1 gun….may they burn!

12. Stll A. Fan
    October 26, 2007 8:48 pm

#6 right said fred lyrics (x2) made me laugh outloud!

13. SportyGal85
    October 27, 2007 5:25 pm

“minion # 77777777”
    That’s funny.

As for players hating Cowher, I think maybe he and Ben had issues, but I don’t think Benny speaks for the whole locker room, or even most of it. A lot of guys didn’t even like BEN back in his rookie year(not sure about now), remember?

14. Ivan
    October 27, 2007 6:49 pm

Benny is such a cry baby. Bill yelled at me, Whis sucked, blah, blah, blah, just shut up and play, and let go of that ball quicker, damn it.

15. Melissa
    October 27, 2007 7:28 pm

According to the Post Gazette, it looks like the a holes who killed that young man in Homewood are going to be charged as adults. Good for them! I’m tired of these folks who are old enough to know better (let alone murdering someone) basically getting away w/ murder when they are tried as minors.

16. Matt H
    October 28, 2007 10:28 pm

Hate to say it but Troy shouldn’t be on this team, especially after his play this year. Mike Wagner should have made it over him.

17. Pingback: The Burgh Blog » Chucky!