- October 26, 2007
- filed under Ben Roethlisberger, Downtown happenings, Mayor Ravenstahl, Mike Tomlin, Random, Steelers, Troy Polamalu, Weird Burghers
1. Wow. What a couple of slow snark-worthy news days. Yesterday I walked past a pigeon just lying on its back picking its teeth all, “Man, PittGirl, if things don’t pick up soon around here I’m going to have to entertain myself and your eyeballs are looking quite juicy.”
2. What I am looking for is a bucket in which to puke because this guy just sent my creep-meter all the up to “run for your life.”
Do you think Benny feels slighted that he didn’t make the team, what with him leading us to the Super Bowl and being our “franchise” quarterback and all? Did his minions forget to vote?
4. Speaking of Benny, he said:
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on how Tomlin differs from former coach Bill Cowher:
“There is a lot of differences, just because they’re very different people. The time schedule’s different, and I think the way that he talks to you. If you screw up or you make a mistake, he wants to talk to you about it or encourage you, ‘You’re going to be OK,’ whereas Cowher would yell at you or scream at you or something.”
We all know what “something” is. Spit!
5. Tell me that mouse doesn’t look like a penis with eyes and legs. IT TOTALLY DOES. That’s why Stephanie Watson can’t wipe that grin off of her face. Safe for work. (h/t M)
6. Lukey and his double chin on the catwalk … on the catwalk.
7. A 20-year-old Job Corps student from Dallas who came to the Burgh to study and who joined a men’s ministry at a Hill church was gunned down as he was heading back to his dorm from the CCAC library.
Police said he was an innocent victim of a group of Homewood “punks” who have been preying on people near the busway.
“They’re thugs,” said Lt. Daniel Hermann … “You can quote me on that.”
Punks are kids who love to spend their time stealing pumpkins from porches and tagging the busway. Thugs are bullies who take your lunch money or your debit card and then kick you when you fall.
These dudes are not thugs or punks. They’re cold-blooded murderers.
And you can quote me on that.
8. You know I’m a Steelers fan and that means I don’t like other teams bashing Benny … that’s MY job. But damn. This is funny!