It’s a blob!

So I got an email from WPXI telling me that I would be very interested to know that Bigfoot lives in Pennsylvania.

And they have proof.

See?

Yeah. Me either.

I’d have gone with any of the following:

• A blob.
  • A Rorschach test to which I would respond, “A blob!”
  • A succubus
  • The chupacabra
  • The disease that lives in Jeff Reed’s pants

I love that WPXI has this on their front page entitled “Bigfoot images captured by hunter” instead of “Purported” or “Alleged” or “Possible” or “Grainy” images.

Jacob said that after a week of trying to decipher the image, he contacted the Bigfoot Research Organization.

Awesome!

(h/t also to Arika)

1. curtO
    October 30, 2007 10:56 am

The pictures get a little clearer over at another website…yeah, just a baby bear staring right at the camera…

2. Caryn
    October 30, 2007 1:18 pm

Maybe it’s a Furry lost from the convention. At least the PG put a question mark after “Bigfoot in PA” and I love the comment under the photo: “some people think it is the famed Sasquatch while others say it is a bear with a skin infection.” Poor Yogi. Now there will be kooks all over the forest. Crazy. Nuts.

3. Pensgirl
    October 30, 2007 1:35 pm

Maybe by leaving off “Alleged” and its ilk, PXI is just finally admitting that it’s a tabloid channel.

4. plexxer
    October 30, 2007 1:39 pm

“Researchers said they believe the images are of a young Bigfoot — or juvenile Sasquatch.”

That’s their answer for everything.

5. chrys
    October 30, 2007 1:49 pm

LOL!! I saw this last night on wtae.. Wendy Bell and Mike Clark barely kept straight faces. I can’t believe that even made the news. Slow news day?

6. Mia`
    October 30, 2007 2:05 pm

No way! “Researchers” from the Big Foot Research Org believe it is a picture of Big Foot?!?! Wow! Imagine that!

I talked to a friend of mine about this last night. She works for the game commission and is the leading expert in black bears in the state (according to her, never double checked her, never doubted her either). Anyway, she hadn’t seen the pictures, but I described them and she agreed with the probability that it was a young black bear with mange – not baby bear cub, but young bear. She said that a bear with long legs like in this picture would tell you that it’s a young bear. Guess bears have that ackward gangly age too.

7. Still A. Fan
    October 30, 2007 8:01 pm

i’m hearing baby bear with mange.

isn’t that a christmas song?

“away, with a mange bear……”

ok, sorry.

8. pgh412
    October 30, 2007 10:08 pm

Looks like bigfoot is doing downward facing dog. Too funny.

9. J
    October 30, 2007 11:51 pm

Sure it’s not Jeff Reed stumbling through the woods after a random Halloween hookup?

10. Ed Heath
    October 31, 2007 6:07 am

Downward facing dog, or maybe it’s mooning the camera.

11. deegazette
    October 31, 2007 8:21 am

Hello, I am new to posting and I know I am risking getting a rep as a nutcase in the blogosphere, (is that even possible?), but my son thinks he saw a baby bear in our backyard the other day. We have a septic tank contraption for our dog’s crap and my husband was treating it. He came in and said that some LARGE animal had taken a dump near it. Has anyone seen a baby bear in East Brookline basking in the beautiful sunlight?

12. Jimmy the Shoe
    November 3, 2007 7:22 pm

Bigfoot? It’s feet are tiny. It’s a BigHead.