What’s a bog?

I got an email from PG writer Mackenzie Carpenter who wrote the female bloggers article:

Hi, “Jane Pitt,” thanks again for submitting to my questions … John McIntire called me to try to find out who you were and I said I didn’t know, you wouldn’t talk to me.

I suspect, though, that many of our readers still don’t quite understand what a blog is. I had one irritated old gentleman call and leave a message asking me, “what’s a bog? I don’t know what a bog is. You need to have explained that in your article.”

John McIntire is STILL trying to figure out who I am?

I already told him. I’m an anonymous blogger and I’d really really really like to stay that way.

If you go see him drop some funny at The Improv tomorrow, tell him PittGirl sent you and she said to let it go.

1. me
    October 31, 2007 12:27 pm

A better question might be. Who’s John? Is the the guy in the unemployment line or the guy at the Starbucks? Perhaps it just depends on the day of the week.

2. The Bag of Health and Politics
    October 31, 2007 12:50 pm

Michael Woycheck is listed on Register.com as the owner of this blog. However, we’re pretty sure that PittGirl actually is a girl. So it can’t be him.

It’s a pretty big accomplishment to stay anonymous for so long. If one really wanted to, they could probably figure out who you are. But that would make them a loser. Why spend 40 hours trying to figure out who an anonymous person that is blogging about Pittsburgh is?

However, Jeff Reed might know who you are, if he could remember the person that was taking pictures of his back at Diesel :). But I’m guessing Mr. Reed doesn’t remember much besides his minions of that night, so I think you’re safe!

3. Steve
    October 31, 2007 1:15 pm

Bringing your name up at the Improv while McIntire is on the stage might not have the desired result…I could see a very funny/harsh “blog envy” inspired rant bubbling forth as he tries to cut you down to size.

Then again he might just freeze like a deer in the headlights…and that would be funny indeed.

4. the violet
    October 31, 2007 1:57 pm

I have to admit. I may be a twenty something but, it wasn’t too long ago that I didn’t have a clue what a blog was either. Imagine that. And who the heck is this McIntire dude anyway?!

5. Robert
    October 31, 2007 2:18 pm

Respectfully, MacYapper needs to chill and enjoy the bog, err blog.

6. gunn lino
    October 31, 2007 2:29 pm

Kinda like penis envy. On Mcmouths part that is.

7. PittGirl is a PittBoy
    October 31, 2007 2:34 pm

The Bag of Health and Politics:

PittGirl is a PittBoy with a female pseudonym. But does it really matter? We enjoy the daily articles.

Kennedy

8. Zsa
    October 31, 2007 3:04 pm

I have to say that I absolutely detest the word “blog.” It reminds me of Blatz beer, and that’s never a good thing.

9. PittinDC
    October 31, 2007 3:27 pm

At washingtonpost.com, there is a blog called the “Sports Bog” because the coach of UMD’s football team didn’t know what a blog was either, and refered to it as a “bog.” A bog, however, is a weird marsh-like, swampy thing that I was forced to go to in college.

10. curtO
    October 31, 2007 3:40 pm

I believe that Mr. Michael Woycheck is the owner of http://pghbloggers.org/ where theburghblog.com resides.

Here is probably the closest thing we can get to knowing the truth…

So enjoy PittGirl for who she is…because I’d bet if she was figured out, theburghblog.com would be no more…and that would make everyone sad, now wouldn’t it?

11. chrys
    October 31, 2007 3:59 pm

Johnny Mac is an idiot.. he wouldn’t know anonimity if it slapped him upside his blog. He just doesn’t get that you, pittgirl, don’t need the “fame” he sooo desparately desires. I, for one love this blog.. so I say rock on with your hot, anonymous, awesome self!

peace

Happy Halloweenie!!

12. sandy
    October 31, 2007 4:36 pm

I wish I had enough time to call journalists and complain about articles that I don’t understand. No wonder Pittsburgh media is geared toward the elderly.

13. Gretchen
    October 31, 2007 5:38 pm

Is it possible that John McIntire’s related to Joey McIntire? Because, if so … I need to relive my childhood dreams.

14. deegazette
    October 31, 2007 6:03 pm

Pittgirl, I will be turning 50 in 2008 and I continue to find ways to amuse myself. I would love to get a bunch of gals together to go to a McIntire performance and have each stand up throughout his schtick and say “I am Pittgirl.” We could do this until the cops get there. It might not prove to be as much fun as the day I went to Target and set all the clock radios on DVE and the alarms to go off at the same time then hung out in the toy department, but it could be.

15. PittCheMBA
    October 31, 2007 6:28 pm

Shame on J-Mac for trying to out PittGirl!

16. jason
    November 1, 2007 9:11 am

id be willing to bet that pittgirl is a guy.

deegazette– thats classic!!! haha.

17. Kat
    November 1, 2007 1:05 pm

I kind of love when the tv critic posts the texts of phone calls from old people who hit the wrong button on the remote and wonder why everything is in Spanish, or who don’t like the new weather girl and complain that she’s ugly or whatever.

18. Bram R
    November 1, 2007 1:28 pm

Should he be exposing the 150 lbs of black market pigeon meat in Luke’s Impala right now, rather than worrying about your identity? Yah, John McIntire!! Schnell!

19. thejim
    November 1, 2007 10:57 pm

I’m late to this party as usual, but I have to agree that the real question is, who the fuck is John McIntire?

And go Woy for making the comment section again without even showing up!