And drink!

On this the eve of tomorrow’s election, we must come to terms with the fact that we might not have Lukey to kick around much longer (but not really, because he’s going to win).  It is important that we take the time to celebrate that which Lukey has given us.

— national exposure

— the Luke Ravenstahl Move Forward Drinking Game

In that vein, a wall post from my Facebook friend Sean:

PittGirl, I just got a hysterical message from Luke and Judy O’Connor on my cell phone reminding me to vote for Luke tomorrow in order to continue MOVING THE CITY FORWARD … good thing I’m headed to the North Side for the game so I can get my required drinks in!

I’ve got Shiraz.  Oops.  Now it’s gone.

1. Guy Hogan
    November 5, 2007 8:54 pm

I wonder why I vote. Nothing ever changes. The older I get the more radical I become. We need a revolution. The bad thing about revolutions is that they become the status quo and we’re back to where we started.

2. Bram R
    November 5, 2007 9:59 pm

Stick to the magazine and sports sections, girlfriend. This race is in play. Luke’s support is a mile wide, and an inch deep.

You get out there and vote, Pittsburgh.

3. NoSide15212
    November 6, 2007 1:11 am

“70 years of proven incompetence versus the great unknown.”

What a sad, sorry state this city finds itself in.

4. Chipped Ham
    November 6, 2007 9:04 am

If the entire North Side burns down and the dinosaurs emerge from the Carnegie and magically eat all of the Democratic Supervoters, Ravenstahl will still win 59/41. Mile wide, inch deep… I bet.

5. GeeO
    November 6, 2007 11:01 am

Remember that even if Luke-boy wins today, it’s only a two year term, so DeSantis can gain more momentum for the next election. It’s incredibly ironic that the democrat is the conservative backwater and the republican is the progressive. When Lukie said he was against gay unions at the WQED debate, he thought it meant gay LABOR UNIONS.

6. merman
    November 6, 2007 1:02 pm

If DeSantis gets 41% in the face of a 5-to-1 registration disadvantage it would be revolutionary.

7. TC
    November 6, 2007 2:18 pm

Luke thought that “Civil Union” was a suggested name for the new Penguins Arena. He probably thought it sounded too close to “Civic Arena” when “Ravenstahlatorium” sounds way cooler.

Unfortunately GeeO, if Luke wins today, that’s it for DeSantis. Other Dems will come along to knock him off in the next primary. It is rare that Pitt’s voters are crossing registration lines.

8. Chipped Ham
    November 6, 2007 2:31 pm

let’s keep it in context. desantis gets 41% with dinosaurs eating supervoters. revolutionary indeed.

9. robertq
    November 7, 2007 12:36 am

over 42,000 votes for luke the most in recent elections. so much for desantis and peuduto. pittsburgh has spoken loud and clear. desantis was a republican privatizor who supported bush and santorium not a reform canditate.and peuduto is worse than that

10. robertq
    November 7, 2007 12:44 am

congrats mayor doubt anybody will run against you in 2 years after that landslide