Random n@.

1. While I feel silly for doing it because really, how pretentious of me to think that you get upset when the site goes down, I do want to apologize that the site seems to be really really bitchy with PMS lately. One minute down, then up, then down, then laughing, then crying, then shouting, “Don’t frickin’ TOUCH ME!!”

Woy, AKA Mike Woycheck, AKA Alfred the Butler, is working on bitch-slapping some sense into it or at the very least forcing some Midol down its throat.

2. Ooooooh. Pretty lights! Did you guys see that the city Duquesne Light went and put up all the snowflake lights on the streets and that the Christmas tree is already up at the City/County building? What would make this better? A single solitary snowflake falling from the sky (that’s about as much snow as I’m willing to tolerate before Thanksgiving. Two snowflakes and I’m shaking a cute little fist at the weather gods.)

3. So a deer went and tried to commit suicide by attempting to feed itself to the zoo polar bears. You can watch a video of the deer jumping in and the ensuing chase from the bears here. I first watched the story on KDKA on Friday night and when it cut back to Ken Rice he said, “The entire encounter only lasted three minutes.”

I would say for an encounter involving being chased by bears, it was about three minutes too long for the deer, who eventually went into shock and was put down … or as Dan Onorato likes to say, “harvested.”

Also, the last time I went to the zoo, I stood in that water tunnel for 10 minutes waiting for a bear to jump in, take a swim, take a drink, dip a paw … ANYTHING. Nada. If I was under there when a deer jumped in, I’d have pulled up a chair and enjoyed the show. And because I love you, I would have posted the bloody pictures too.

4. TIVO alert. At 5:00 today KDKA is airing an “odd couple” story on Jeff Skeeve Reed and Daniel God’s Punter Sepulveda.

The men should watch it because it involves football and the women should watch it because it involves these arms:

(h/t Bill and Fisticuffs)

5. A PG reporter went a whole day — or tried — without using or wearing anything made in China, the Land of Toxic Shit. It is a great read.

6. Dearest Theodora,

Please make Troysus shave because that beard is eroding some of his hotness.

All the ladies of Steeler Nation

7. Dear Penguins,

Quit losing already.

PittGirl

1. PGS
    November 12, 2007 12:13 pm

Pittgirl I disagree about Troys beard. I am kind of digging it. Am I crazy?????

2. Me
    November 12, 2007 12:25 pm

Sorry PGS, I think it makes him look like the shoe bomber…

3. BurghBlog withdrawal
    November 12, 2007 12:30 pm

In this week of website problems, an anxiety-ridden, faithful reader has been repeatedly thinking, “Has PG been outted?!?!”

Perhaps if that ever should happen (God forbid), you could put up a message on the site to let us know? That way, we don’t freak out at each technical glitch that occurs?

4. chrys
    November 12, 2007 12:31 pm

Daniel Sepulveda ~SIGH~ Thank you for the reminder.. I usually don’t watch KDKA, but tonight my eyes will be feasting on said hottness.. while I may be gouging them out when Jeff Reed “pops” up on screen like the weasel he truly is.

5. Guy Hogan
    November 12, 2007 1:01 pm

PittGirl: I’m glad the site is back up. As a new reader I try to read it every day; but what I really want to do is to find the time to read the archives. This weekend is my first target date to do some serious archive reading. Keep posting. The ‘Burgh needs you.

6. Joey
    November 12, 2007 1:20 pm

Being the consumate PR professional that I am, I’d be remiss if I didn’t tell you that the city doesn’t put up the snowflakes and the tree…it’s all Duquesne Light. It’s part of our gift to the city every year.

7. NY Luvs Pitts
    November 12, 2007 1:45 pm

Me, A shoe bomber???? My stomach hurts from laughing not to mention my co-workers are wondering what the hell is going on.

8. DW
    November 12, 2007 2:48 pm

At least the shoe bomber showed up to play yesterday…put him out there on kick-off coverage, too.

shoe bomber..haha

9. Bram R
    November 12, 2007 3:52 pm

2. There were a few snow flurries to be seen in the late-afternoon on Election Day. I remember because I got all excited.

3. They should chuck animals in with other animals all the time, in order to liven things up. Those alligators never move; toss in some penguins! Or combine the macaque and hippopotamus enclosures; stage a real-life game of Hungry Hungry Hippo.

4. Those arms didn’t help much during the hundred-yard kickoff return. BOOM! Where’d that truck come from?

10. Steve
    November 12, 2007 5:14 pm

While your website was down. I found this one

Estimated Average score: 35
    High: 38
    Pieces o’rice: 2000

Beat that suckers…(just to start a pissing match for a good cause)

By the way I was just a little pissed and only refreshed my browser three times on two different computers before I finally realized I would be denied my intake of morning snark.

11. Bram R
    November 12, 2007 5:54 pm

9. (addendum to 4, above): D’oh. Looking at your more recent post, I now see I was incorrect. I hang my head in Steeler fan shame.

12. Trish
    November 12, 2007 6:06 pm

6. I totally want Theodora’s belt.

November 12, 2007 6:11 pm

“They should chuck animals in with other animals all the time, in order to liven things up. Those alligators never move; toss in some penguins! Or combine the macaque and hippopotamus enclosures; stage a real-life game of Hungry Hungry Hippo.”

best idea ever.

well played, bram — well played!

14. Allison
    November 12, 2007 9:24 pm

Loved that KDKA piece with Daniel. I organized the event where the woman showed him a photo of her daughter. Too funny.

15. heather
    November 13, 2007 4:20 am

Girl, go you….earning a big mention in the odd couple story. good stuff!

16. pittgirl
    November 13, 2007 7:59 am

BurghBlog withdrawal, I promise I’ll let you know. :)

Heather, thanks! I honestly had no idea they were mentioning me in that item. It was news to me when I saw it.

Bram, HAH!!!!