1. While I feel silly for doing it because really, how pretentious of me to think that you get upset when the site goes down, I do want to apologize that the site seems to be really really bitchy with PMS lately. One minute down, then up, then down, then laughing, then crying, then shouting, “Don’t frickin’ TOUCH ME!!”
Woy, AKA Mike Woycheck, AKA Alfred the Butler, is working on bitch-slapping some sense into it or at the very least forcing some Midol down its throat.
2. Ooooooh. Pretty lights! Did you guys see that
the city Duquesne Light went and put up all the snowflake lights on the streets and that the Christmas tree is already up at the City/County building? What would make this better? A single solitary snowflake falling from the sky (that’s about as much snow as I’m willing to tolerate before Thanksgiving. Two snowflakes and I’m shaking a cute little fist at the weather gods.)
3. So a deer went and tried to commit suicide by attempting to feed itself to the zoo polar bears. You can watch a video of the deer jumping in and the ensuing chase from the bears here. I first watched the story on KDKA on Friday night and when it cut back to Ken Rice he said, “The entire encounter only lasted three minutes.”
I would say for an encounter involving being chased by bears, it was about three minutes too long for the deer, who eventually went into shock and was put down … or as Dan Onorato likes to say, “harvested.”
Also, the last time I went to the zoo, I stood in that water tunnel for 10 minutes waiting for a bear to jump in, take a swim, take a drink, dip a paw … ANYTHING. Nada. If I was under there when a deer jumped in, I’d have pulled up a chair and enjoyed the show. And because I love you, I would have posted the bloody pictures too.
4. TIVO alert. At 5:00 today KDKA is airing an “odd couple” story on Jeff Skeeve Reed and Daniel God’s Punter Sepulveda.
The men should watch it because it involves football and the women should watch it because it involves these arms:
(h/t Bill and Fisticuffs)
5. A PG reporter went a whole day — or tried — without using or wearing anything made in China, the Land of Toxic Shit. It is a great read.
6. Dearest Theodora,
Please make Troysus shave because that beard is eroding some of his hotness.
All the ladies of Steeler Nation
7. Dear Penguins,
Quit losing already.