Random n@.

1. Here’s all the things I’m hoping shrivel up and die today: The Parkway East, assholes in Jeeps on the Parkway East, couple of pigeons, the writers strike, Tom Brady always, the adults who were to be supervising these kids, and maybe some more pigeons.

2. All right you legal eagles out there, best guesses as to how much time, if any, Twanda Carlisle is going to serve for pleading no contest to being a greedy greedy thief?

She faces a maximum of 85 years and $173,000 in fines. Prosecutors said they have no recommendation yet on what her sentence should be.

Also?

“I ask for your continued prayers and support through this challenging time in my life,” she concluded.

Okay. First of all, she does not apologize anywhere in the letter. Second of all, I understand that a tenet of Christianity is that everyone does wrong and I get the whole, hate the sin love the sinner thing. But man is it chafing my ass in a major way that Twanda is asking us to support her in this “challenging time in [her] life” as if she is fighting cancer or suffering the loss of a loved one, rather than being rightly punished for willfully and knowingly stealing from the taxpayers she was elected to serve.

I bet Troysus and Daniel are praying for my soul right now.

3. Aaaaaaaaaaand, DRINK!

“I will make a recommendation to the Planning Commission to support the process and continue to move it forward as quickly as possible,” Ravenstahl said.

Thanks, Lukey! I’ve been dying for a Grasshopper since it was featured recently on Big Bang Theory.

4. Kickassest hockey arena ever?

The signature piece of the $290 million building will be a glass atrium that will stretch between Fifth and Centre avenues and run from 40 to 80 feet high, offering sweeping views of the Downtown skyline. An outdoor plaza will overlook the city on the Fifh Avenue side, some 80 feet above ground.

Inside, the arena will offer the cream of the crop in terms of amenities, including a high-definition video scoreboard, wider and more comfortable seats, and more spacious concourses.

Parts of the building also will feature “open” concourses, where fans will be able to grab a hot dog or a drink while watching the action unfold on the ice below.

Kickassest hockey arena ever!

5. From the latest Cat’s Call:

DEAR CAT: My boyfriend loves his cat — to the point that right after sex, when I expect to be held, he cuddles with the cat! Your thoughts about this? — SECOND TO CUDDLE

DEAR SECOND: Sorry, no can think straight when laughing so hard. If you’re truly bothered by his canoodling, speak up about it. And if that doesn’t work …

Cat’s Call: Try meowing.

Hey, does anyone out there want to pay me to publicly laugh at advice-seekers in my advice column? Anyone at all?

1. Frank
    November 14, 2007 10:14 am

I think you should totally start you’re own “Ask PittGirl” feature where you can give advice on how to best “take care of” pigeons!

2. chrys
    November 14, 2007 10:49 am

I’ll be surprised if Twanda Carlisle spends more than 30 days in jail. I have absolutely no faith in our justice system.. as for having to pay back over $40,000 to the city?… fat chance of seeing that money. This is probably why I can’t get back the $137 the city owes me in over payed taxes.

3. Ms. Caroline
    November 14, 2007 11:22 am

By pleading no contest she’s not admitting guilt therefore has no reason to apologize.

Politicians suck.

4. Toni
    November 14, 2007 11:46 am

Twanda…I’m betting 9 months probation, no jail time seen. And she’ll never be able to hold public office again…tho anyone who would elect her would be nuts anyways.

This is the basic Dem mentality of Pgh…only this 1 got caught. Understand something, I don’t have a problem with the Dem party per se…it’s the fact that we have no strong Rep candidates that force the Dem party to deal honestly instead of treating public coffers like its their god given right to raid. A 5-1 Dem ratio dosen’t bear well for change either. I love this city and this state…our governemnt officials practices are atrocious…only an equalization will make current office holders nervous enough to watch what they do.

One only has to remember Tom Murphy’s rape of this city and his climbing in bed with firemen/policemen unions and the Act 11 we faced to see the wisdom of competition as opposed to party partisanship.

5. DeutschtownFrau
    November 14, 2007 12:13 pm

Um, about Cat’s cat question — What kind of guy digs felines at all, let alone that much? Not a manly man, to my way of thinking, but I’m a dog-loving chick. Big divide. Big ick factor.

PittGirl you should totally do an advice column — but make it more like a Burgh version of Elle magazine’s weird “Ask E. Jean.” Instead of, “My foolish little kumquat, you must dump that cheating jerk…” you could be all, “My darling little pierogi, you should put a dead pigeon in that skeevy jag-off’s gym bag…”

And maybe just make up questions from Lukey and the Duke et al.

6. Gunn Lino
    November 14, 2007 12:51 pm

Keep in mind: Twanda Carlisle has no prior criminal record,
    There is no justice system, it’s a legal system, ie “justice” does not
    enter into it,
    The clergy has not yet testified to her wonderfulness and how she
    has done so much for the community,
    The race card has yet to be played.

The end result? No jail time, probation and restitution (which will never occur)

7. I'm Black
    November 14, 2007 1:03 pm

I thought the race card was played already…when Twanda said that’s why they were investigating her. No?

Let’s see if she can play the card twice…

8. Guy Hogan
    November 14, 2007 1:41 pm

Twanda Carlisle is a perfect example of how power corrupts. The smarter politicians are trying to cover their asses. On the front page of the Post today: Top aides to state’s Dems are fired. (Seven lose jobs as House leadership seeks distance from scandal over big pay bonuses.)

Yes, PittGirl, how sweet it is.

9. LMax
    November 14, 2007 1:43 pm

…makes me want to go home and cuddle with my cat while drinking a grashopper, reading the Observer-Destroyer and watching the Pens in High Def.

10. Me
    November 14, 2007 2:38 pm

Does anyone else despise that Cat’s Call column or is it only me?

11. danopsu
    November 14, 2007 2:57 pm

She wont see jail time…asking people for their prayers? Yo…you broke the law…no mercy…Im waiting for the race card…thats my personal fav…

12. Bram R
    November 14, 2007 3:03 pm

LOTS of people despise that Cat’s Call column. She has been accused of everything from being anti-feminist to anti-good English. I think it’s just a matter of there being only so much sassy-yet-nonthreatening chippiness you can shoehorn into 8 or 10 column-inches before it oozes all over your fingers. Sort of makes PittGirl look like Robert Novak.

13. I'll do it for PittGirl
    November 14, 2007 3:40 pm

DeutschtownFrau,

HAH!

November 14, 2007 11:16 pm

4. Have they mentioned yet how much it’s going to set you back to set foot in this palace? I thought not, it might temper everyone’s enthusiasm just a little. I’m setting the over at a week’s pay. For Jack Wilson.

15. Melissa
    November 14, 2007 11:39 pm

I don’t know live in the city, but the whole Twanda Carlisle thing is bothersome to me because she had not taken responsibility (or at least I have not heard her take responsibility) and people are making excuses for her too. The shame of it is she was not the first, nor the last public official….

I really like the Big Bank Theory…called to hear of few more of you like it too!

16. Blogger
    November 20, 2007 4:23 pm

Is that really your picture on The Pittsburgh Comet?
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007
    Wednesday: Pretty Disjointed Post

17. Pingback: Big Bear Weather Report

18. Pingback: Cardizem drug news.

19. Pingback: Allok video to dvd burner 2.4.1106.